Installed SimStarter 1.6 - My profiles?

Egbert Drenth

Hi,

I had to do a full/new install of SimStarter V1.6 because auto update was not possible.

I installed the new version, over the old V1.5.3, so I still have my data folder (also made a copy of that folder before installing)

It looks like I lost all my profiles, settings etc after installing V1.6. How can I get them back?

(They still reside in the data folder)

Egbert

• Developer

Hi Egbert,

normally all data should be there if your old installation has been in C:\Aerosoft\SIMstarter NG\

Data folder should be here:

C:\Aerosoft\SIMstarter NG\data\userprofiles\P3Dv4\

Even the uninstall would not delete this folder. So if you did not it should persist here.

I assume that you have moved the original installation and maybe took the original folder with you?

If not please post a DebugPack.

Oki, problem solved.

I selected C:\FS-Apps\SimStarter (my old simstarter 1.5.3) as installation folder for version 1.6.
What happened was that version 1.6 was installed in folder C:\FS-Apps\SimStarter\Simstarter NG, effectively not overwriting my current installation

The installation folder dialog box did not show this, hence I thought it was installed in C:\FS-Apps\SimStarter.

Maybe advise users in the dialogue that 'Simstart NG' is added to the selected folder.

• Developer

I am happy if your issue is solved. :O)

The default installation will be done to

C:\Aerosoft\SIMstarter NG\

Moving the folder is on your own risk but in general SIMstarter NG will work on other locations.

Topic will be closed.

Archived