FSX:SE CTD d3d11.dll

Scorp

Guys, I purchased A320/321 a week ago and as of yet I have not had a single flight that did not end in a CTD. Here's the crash log.

fsx.exe
559f9a9a
d3d11.dll
994d6e1a
c0000005
242c
01d34688669763a2
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
6df890a6-ddea-4283-a93d-35c1b5a1204d

Before you ask, I have run through your reinstall and .net fix thread. I installed every instance of C# redistributable and visual studio there is available from the linked site several times - did everything by the book and read what I could find in the forum here.

Giving credit to your great piece of software, I started my RL A320 typerating today and I wanted to use this sim to help me train checklists and automation functions. When it ran, it performed just like the book and I am impressed with the level of detail you guys worked into this. I really hope we can get this to work.

Thanks for any assistance!

Scorp

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Scorp,

the d3d11.dll belongs to the Direct X layer of Windows. So the cause is somewhere related to graphics problems. 

There are two questions that derive immediately from that:

1. Are the driver for your graphics board on the most recent release status?
  2. Have you tried to enable "Force ECAM Software Rendering" within the Airbus Configurator?

Please login to display this image.

Hi Tom,

affirm on both.

actually, I found that there was a newer driver for my nvidia 980ti and installed it. Same result. CTD after less than a minute in the pit.

tried with ECAM Software Rendering off and on. Same result.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Oliver

This gets worse by the day. The sim now crashes within 60s after I enter the cockpit. Only the bus is affected. Other aircraft work rock stable.

I'm increasingly frustrated since I expected this to add value to my training. Unfortunately it takes up so much time now with the repeated CTDs that there is no training effect left.

Is this a case for a support ticket?

Scorp

Do you have SweetFX installed?  That is the only time I've seen that error come up.

If so, disable SweetFX and see if the problem goes away. If so, please let us know, and then I would seek support from the SweetFX developer.

Check and see if you have Windows Update KB2670838.  If so, remove it and see if that resolves the issue.

If that doesn't work, the open up your Steam library, go to Properties for FSX:SE and try giving this command in the startup settings:

-force-d3d9

Dave, thanks for your efforts!

1. No, I have not and never had SweetFX installed. Honestly, I don't even know what it is.

2. I do not have KB2670838 installed and never had. In a first attempt before posting here I disabled the October Windows Update (KB4041676) since guys reported trouble with their P3D. Since it didn't solve my problem, I installed it again.

3. Added the start-up command line, as you suggested. At first, I thought you hit bullseye since it ran flawlessly for about 5 minutes. Then CTD again.

It appears you are on to something, considering the command line suffix. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Scorp

That command suffix simply ensures that FSX:SE runs on DirectX9, so there is no issue with it trying to load DX10 or DX11.

To me, the error you're seeing seems to indicate that DX10 or DX11 (probably the latter) is being called, and since FSX:SE runs on DX9 it would cause a CTD as soon as a texture that is not compatible with both DX9 and DX11 is called.

Or I could be completely wrong, it's merely by best guess.

If you're flying in the same area, then you may have an offending texture causing the CTD - this is a very common problem.  If you're using ORBX FTX products then the same texture might be used all over the place (at least, separately, in North American or Europe).

Or it could be that you need to reinstall DirectX, though you might run DXDiag first to verify a good installation (Command line, type is DXDiag).

I had FTX global installed at one point. Since then, I re-installed FSX through Steam a few times, however. Nevertheless, I made sure and removed FTX with the uninstall tool.

The DXDiag ran through without detecting any problems.

Just got this failure message at start-up:

Please login to display this image.

I guess it wasn't considering it yesterday then. Anything wrong with the syntax?

18 hours ago, mopperle said:

Yes, meant this one. Currently no other idea, remember there where a lot of discussions in the past regarding DirectX and FSX:SE. But beside the discussion here, you can always open a ticket here:
https://aerosoft.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Thanks, mopperle, I read the posts and opened a case with support.

Scorp

• 2 weeks later...

Talked this through with support. They pretty much suggested the same things as here in the forum. No improvement, unfortunately.

I have to assume that the sim doesn't work with FlyInside and the Rift. So I dug out my old TrackIR and it works fine with it. Fair enough.

Scorp

Archived