1.6 SimStarter

jjaycee

Do I have to change the names of all my v4.1 entries to read P3Dv4.1 now in order for SimStarter to work.

In the "path" settings i have shown my paths to P3Dv4 and actually pointed to the installations required. When I start the SS programmme it then says that the P3D v4.1 exe does not exist although I have pointed to it. The path reads H\P3Dv4 because I only installed the Client update. It is still v4, so am asking if I now need to change all the original v4 entries in AppData, ProgData and the P3D directory to read v4.1?

Having pointed SS to the correct locations, it won't run. Then if I try to open it again to correct things it will not identify the sim version. I then have to uninstall, reboot and reinstall.

You should not touch the files as Simstarter should handle everything correctly for you. I would contact support. Thanks for heads up that v1.6 is now downloadable in the customer account.

SimStarter is not unfortunately handling my path to the v4.1 exe. I have manually located the correct path H\P3dv4\p3d.exe. SS keeps saying that the path to H\P3Dv4.1 doesn't exist. I know it doesn't but I did not point it to v4.1 I pathed it to V4, and the P3D exe which is 4.1.

Once you come out of SStarter you then get the blank sim option and cannot choose a platform.

These installers need to be done so you do noy have to keep uninstalling/reinstalling, and should read the data paths correctly.

I don't want to rename my P3Dv4 to v4.1.

I have asked if I have to and had no reply except Cargostorm's who said that SS would handle it. Clearly not

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, jjaycee said:

I have asked if I have to and had no reply except Cargostorm's who said that SS would handle it.

Please wait until the developer will reply to your question. A forum is always asynchronous communication and there are no guaranteed response times.

But as you can see when reading through the SIMstarter forum is, that Peter always answers within less than 24 hours, in most cases even far less than 6 hours.

• Developer

Did you installed v4.0 and v4.1 on one PC? If so - this is not supported.

SIMstarter NG can handle multiple simulators not with same major version numbers.

Supported would be in parallel FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv2, P3Dv3 and P3Dv4.1 for instance. But not v4 and v4.1 on one system.

If you have SIMstarter NG with v4 before it will point to that original directory. If you have installed v4.1 into another directory you would need to change the path settings in Settings > Program Settings > Platform specific

BUT AGAIN - I CAN'T OVERVIEW HOW AND IF THIS WILL CAUSE TROUBLE.

...don't even thought this would be possible. :O)

Archived