Route creation in PFPX (SID/STAR related) question

I am not sure if this is supposed to be this way, or a bug...

When I have PFPX auto create a route for me, it will automatically assign runways, SIDs / STARs. However, if I wanted to choose another SID / STAR, it still leaves the waypoint from the old SID/STAR in the route, causing me to delete that waypoint. (Sometimes I have to select the old SID/STAR so I can figure out which waypoint is from the old one)

Or, even if I don't want to choose a SID / STAR, and leave it blank, it still leaves the waypoint in from the deselected SID / STAR.

Hopefully that is easy to follow.

Anyway, is it supposed to be this way, or is it a bug?

Thanks.

Just now, srcooke said:

Perhaps post an example ?

KEWR -> KMIA

PORTT3 BIGGY J75 MXE DCT OTT DCT RIC J40 ILM DCT ADOOR DCT BLUFI BLUFI4   

PFPX has chosen 'BLUFI4' as  my STAR into KMIA.  I switch from BLUFI4 to ANNEY3.

This is the route now;

PORTT3 BIGGY J75 MXE DCT OTT DCT RIC J40 ILM DCT ADOOR DCT BLUFI DCT ANNEY ANNEY3

'BLUFI' is still still in the route

That will happen as the original flightplan route terminates at BLUFI.

The ANNEY3 STAR does not serve the BLUFI intersection therefor the direct is created between BLUFI and ANNEY.

3 minutes ago, srcooke said:

That will happen as the original flightplan route terminates at BLUFI.

The ANNEY3 STAR does not serve the BLUFI intersection therefor the direct is created between BLUFI and ANNEY.

So, should I leave it in there?

Archived