Mathijs Kok

Köln/Bonn airport - released

Wow, if you would have shown this 1 or 1,5 years ago everyone (including me) would raise VAS questions with this incredible amount of detail. This is really a big step forward!

• Upvote 2

There are some Gates and Roads which are wrong or which we don't have anymore.

For example Position C1 the bridge was removed some weeks ago, in April they start to build the transit bridge from Terminal 1 old Gate C1 to Terminal 2

23dfcf5af73183a1b1fc1fed3c4b989b.jpg

• Upvote 1

We also have completely new Parking Postitions at Delta, they removed some lights and changed the taxiway and the outside positions. Will you change or Update this?

Unbenannt.jpg

Sure! I'll do a final check to make sure it's up to date when I do the final pass on the ground textures.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, klaue123 said:

We also have completely new Parking Postitions at Delta, they removed some lights and changed the taxiway and the outside positions. Will you change or Update this?

Unbenannt.jpg

Right. I remember last night i drove there the first time and last time I have been at the outside Postions is quite a while ago. Got completely on the apron. Luckily midnight...

Absolutely stunning. You know, which ones are the best pics? 5 and 6. Why? airberlin Boeing:wub::wub:

Joking aside. I can´t wait to buy this addon.

AMAZING! But you will this stunning scenery for fsx also, right? I´m one of the last FSX users, i think^^. 

• Upvote 3

I have to ask but it could simply be FSX is not able to show this level of detail in the limited memory space.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, maukro_1990 said:

I´m one of the last FSX users, i think^^. 

Well, then there's at least two of us :D

Years ago I upgraded to FSX as soon as I got the chance. Then I sat around for looooong periods of time waiting for scenery to become available.

This time I have decided to wait some time before moving onto P3D. (I guess all the people complaining in the Airbus thread about having made the sim update and now not having a decent aircraft available confirms that I made the right decision this time B)) No more being first-mover for me!

I've been flight simming for many years and I noticed that Aerosoft kept producing FS9 scenery long after that sim platform had been replaced by FSX. So I hope the same will be the case for FSX (although I do realize that the gap between FSX and P3Dv4 is much bigger!).

All of this nonsense just to support your request for new FSX sceneries with a #MeToo! Keep 'em coming - my credit card is ready!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Er!k said:

I was also a long time FS9 user before I took the plunge... At first I thought I would skip FSX and move directly to P3D, but FSX it was. Until I was annoyed by the OOM's and P3Dv4 came out last year. The step from FSX to P3D is not that hard. Folder structures are largely the same, some differences but they are handled by installers. Now, 1 year further I am almost back on track with all major add-ons being compatible. Only the Aerosoft Airbus and I am good to go :D

It's not so much the folder structure, but more the fact, that you would need to re-purchase quite a lot of addons, in order to move to Prepar3D V4. 

At least in my experience.

• Upvote 3

On 22.4.2018 at 19:11, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Just a quick note, two users voted this post down. I asked them for an explanation about that as this is a factual, correct and polite post. Er!k did absolutely not deserve these downvotes. If there is not reasonable explanation the two users who voted this post down will be removed from our forum.

Update, I seen one of these users has been warned and asked about this before. He did not reply to my polite message and is thus removed from the forum. If you dislike somebody for some reason using downvotes is not the way to fight.

Well if they want to downvote something why don't let them do so ? 

You implemented it into the forum and can't just remove users from the forum for voting a post. It wouldn't make any sense to have that feauture and just remove people that downvote something.

Edit : and yes they should still be allowed to vote what they like since other people think things are reasonable and others don't

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I have only one huge complaint to make about this scenery. It's not X-Plane. I'm trying to wean myself off P3D onto X-Plane totally, and you're not helping in the least! 

• Like 2

On 24.4.2018 at 6:09 PM, Anders Bermann said:

With great power, becomes great responsibility. Abusing the voting system, by utilizing it as a 'weapon' towards other users, thereby harassing them, is not the way it was intended to be used. Therefore, I find it completely reasonable, for those users to be warned, and if they continue their behavior, be banned from the forum.

“great power”, “abusing”, “weapon”, “harassing” – you use big words for a forum-feature that grants no actual power of any sort nor is fit to be used as abusing or harassing “weapon”. While it is true, what Mr. Kok says, that it is their company’s right to moderate as strict as they see fit, I think implementing said big words to fuel resentment against users, be they banned or just expressing their opinion about this specific topic, is as equally harsh as abusively downvoting people in “silence”. I don’t mean to offend anyone or to distract too much from this preview topic and will refrain from future remarks, but I needed to say that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, Pete76 said:

“great power”, “abusing”, “weapon”, “harassing” – you use big words for a forum-feature that grants no actual power of any sort nor is fit to be used as abusing or harassing “weapon”. While it is true, what Mr. Kok says, that it is their company’s right to moderate as strict as they see fit, I think implementing said big words to fuel resentment against users, be they banned or just expressing their opinion about this specific topic, is as equally harsh as abusively downvoting people in “silence”. I don’t mean to offend anyone or to distract too much from this preview topic and will refrain from future remarks, but I needed to say that.

Are you kidding me? :blink:

I'm terribly sorry, but how am I in any way fueling resentment towards other users, by pointing out, that abusing the voting system in here, is a form of harassment??? Please enlighten me. 

The point that was trying to be made was, that there was - apparently - members, who use (and in my opinion, abuse) the voting system, by down-voting posts, without looking at the content of set posts - but purely because a certain member has written it. 

Using a power or ability, in a way for which it wasn't intended, is in my opinion abusing set power or ability and this should of course not be tolerated. 

This discussion is beyond the scope of this topic. My apologies for de-railing. I've said my piece... 

• Upvote 2