Mathijs Kok

Köln/Bonn airport preview

On 10/2/2018 at 12:03 PM, F737NG said:

Köln/Bonn airport wasn't on my radar, yet Jo's incredible work has definitely put this on my purchase list.

I'm in the same boat...

And Brussels will be a must by when Jo completes that!

• Upvote 4

Any news from the project manager Mr Kok ? 

Best regards 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Last update from a week ago not enough? Let the people do their job instead of forcing them to continously posting "news".

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

Not the project manager for that project but I will try to get more information.

• Upvote 2

vor 12 Stunden , Ifikratis sagte:

Mr Otto, sorry for intervening about this but as a big fan of Jo’s product, I think it should be understandable that there is some high tension in the atmosphere. On the 17th of September Mathijs said that a release is expected the next two weeks, then last week Jo said that there going to be some news next (this) week, and yesterday Mathijs predicted we’ll have today. I perfectly understand that there can be delays on these estimates and nothing is hard written, but please underand the tension from this anticipation. Many people are checking this thread this week because of these predictions.

Thank you for protecting guys like myself. I had a post like 4 weeks ago and i received like 10 downvotes, thanks to everyone btw. My post was btw the reason why Mr Kok said it will come in two weeks. He told anybody to ignore it. That's his right of course. But we have "Meinungsfreiheit" in germany and i just said i, THINK this scenery will be released end of october. Btw i said that once again already back in june. What is wrong with that?Everybody knows i am whether working for aerosoft nor involved in the development. My assumption is a lottery. I think everybody shall know that. For Aerosoft this posts are a perfect way to measure how poeple want to buy a product like this one. If so many are crying for the release, just indicates: "I want it, no matter what"

EVERYBODY WHO IS ASKING FOR RELEASE is nothing more than just a 80% potential buyer. 

Ah and thank you for all coming downvotes again. Bye

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

This is our forum and as such part of our marketing and support efforts. When you signed up you agreed to the conditions that only Aerosoft determines what is suitable here and what not. Of course you have freedom of speech, just not here. Here your freedom is limited to what we believe is suitable. We dislike comments like you make because there is always a group of customers who reads release date + end of october and believes that comes from us. That hurts the marketing and PR work we do. There are thousands of forums where your comments would be acceptable, not here.

And this closes this topic, any further follow up will be deleted. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hey Jo a question to the weather. Is this snow generated by the date or is the scenery reading the temperatures of the sim? 

The snow is displayed during certain months of the year, that way it stay in sync with the seasonal variation of the photoscenery surrounding the airport.

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Those shots look pretty cool!  pun intended B)

Those shots look COLD.  SO cold...

We used to have this beer man at Busch Stadium in St. Louis -- he was self-styled, "the REAL beer man."  And one of his catchphrases was, "...SO cold..."  On a hot day at the ballpark, he would walk by you, and say, "...SO cold...", in such a way that you almost needed to buy a beer from him.

And as for virtual hubs, I wasn't aware that Koln/Bonn was a big cargo hub, but -- since I like simming cargo airplanes -- I'll be visiting this one for sure.   I always thought Leipzig had become a big cargo hub in Germany, since I think that's where AeroLogic is based, and of course Frankfurt-Main, but I didn't know about Koln/Bonn.

Vor 1 Stunde, Mace_RB sagte:

And as for virtual hubs, I wasn't aware that Koln/Bonn was a big cargo hub, but -- since I like simming cargo airplanes -- I'll be visiting this one for sure.   I always thought Leipzig had become a big cargo hub in Germany, since I think that's where AeroLogic is based, and of course Frankfurt-Main, but I didn't know about Koln/Bonn.

Cologne predates Leipzig as a cargo hub. And it is one of the few german airports with no night time flight restrictions. Much to the dismay of the people living around it.

I can attest to that, but the only real problem with noise comes from the 767 cargo planes. Their engines emmit a very distinct low frequency roar. No other aircraft serviced in Cologne is that loud on departure and approach.

On 10/6/2018 at 12:02 AM, Mace_RB said:

Frankfurt-Hahn is another cargo hub, unfortunately still missing in P3D v4. The current scenery is not yet compatible. Might be an idea for the future.

• Upvote 1

On 6.10.2018 at 01:31, Farlis sagte:

Cologne predates Leipzig as a cargo hub. And it is one of the few german airports with no night time flight restrictions. Much to the dismay of the people living around it.

I can attest to that, but the only real problem with noise comes from the 767 cargo planes. Their engines emmit a very distinct low frequency roar. No other aircraft serviced in Cologne is that loud on departure and approach.

I am suprised to hear that you think the 767 is the worst. I live under the Norvenich departure and arrival and when the MD11 pops up it just blows off my ears when I've got the window open during the night. The 767 isn't that bad to me at least even though it's definitely quite loud compared to the other aircraft. Thank heavens that Fedex has a deal with Cologne to not fly MD11's over here. The UPS ones are bad enough!

• Upvote 1

On 7.10.2018 at 22:05, Mapex sagte:

I am suprised to hear that you think the 767 is the worst. I live under the Norvenich departure and arrival and when the MD11 pops up it just blows off my ears when I've got the window open during the night. The 767 isn't that bad to me at least even though it's definitely quite loud compared to the other aircraft. Thank heavens that Fedex has a deal with Cologne to not fly MD11's over here. The UPS ones are bad enough!

The MD11 may produce more dB. But to my ears the 767 producers more disturbing low frequencies.

13 hours ago, Farlis said:

The MD11 may produce more dB. But to my ears the 767 producers more disturbing low frequencies.

True. The 744 and MD11 produce the most noise. Despite it beeing the same Engine exept the PW4000 MD's. I am working on the 767 and 757 everynight and the difference in noise between them and espiecially the MD11 is huge.

According, to Jo's last update, if everything went according to plan, a release candidate should have been or is been tested this week. Again, if everything went according to plan, I guess it should be close now? I don't know how long it takes to test a release candidate but I guess a few days?

Gents,

my proposal to all is to keep calm and let Jo & Team take the time they need, no matter if the need some days, a week or two. I think it is more important for all of us, that the Release Cadidate will work correct without 5 Updates within the first days after release, right? I also really "hot" for the new Scenery, but as active Beta Tester for other commercial Gaming Software I have the experience that it will be better to wait some days more and release a product which is running well...... my suggestions to all of the last posts in this Topic....

• Upvote 3

I prefer to wait a little longer to get a version as bug-free as possible.