Mathijs Kok

Köln/Bonn airport preview

Unless otherwise stated every scenery will always be done to the latest state we have enough information on. Changes like you show are always going on at every airport all the time and it is nearly impossible to keep up. A friend of mine works at a planning department of Schiphol airport and told me they add around 5000 square meters of 'covered space' every month and demolish around 3000 square meters on average. Basically every airport is always a building site.

@Mathijs Kok That's understandable. I also regularly see at my flights to Munich that there's construction equipment on the southern edge of the apron that surrounds Terminal 2 and the T2 Satellite. I'm not exactly sure what they are doing there right now, but it sure shows that an airport is constant "work in progress".

By the way, if Jo Erlend has some time at his hands after Cologne/Bonn is finished and you are interested as well, Munich would be a fantastic new add-on project for him and you. Taxi2Gate's version is just not attractive to me and the current Aerosoft version lacks the T2 satellite and is, by all that I know, not compatible to P3Dv4 (I plan to make the switch soon). Sorry for the off-topic remarks, but the opportunity seemed fitting. ;)

vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Unless otherwise stated every scenery will always be done to the latest state we have enough information on. Changes like you show are always going on at every airport all the time and it is nearly impossible to keep up. A friend of mine works at a planning department of Schiphol airport and told me they add around 5000 square meters of 'covered space' every month and demolish around 3000 square meters on average. Basically every airport is always a building site.

Yeah I understand thanks for your fast answer^^

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Jo will do Brussels after Koln-Bonn, but Munich is on our list.

Munich is already available by Taxi2Gate. Do you reckon this is a good strategy? I mean, there are lots of great destinations waiting for a little love, and developing an already excellent airport kinda defeats logic or am i missing something here?

Not trying to be funny here or anything, it's a legitimate question i have.

Thank you

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That made my day

• Upvote 1

vor 1 hour , Carlos D sagte:

Munich is already available by Taxi2Gate.

If you know the real Munich, you won't have much fun with the T2G scenery. The ground textures are just wrong and look totally different to the real ones.

The old Mega airport Munich is much closer to the real one.

• Upvote 4

vor 4 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Great news indeed - both of them! I already had a suspicion after you said that the new trustworthy developer for Brussels has to finish another project first. It could almost only be Jo. ;)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, A346 said:

If you know the real Munich, you won't have much fun with the T2G scenery. The ground textures are just wrong and look totally different to the real ones.

The old Mega airport Munich is much closer to the real one.

I don't know it, so now i start to understand a little more the reasons behind this.

vor 8 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Jo will do Brussels after Koln-Bonn

Very good news!!! Is this THE Brussels project where so much went wrong in the past? Or will Jo start a completely new Brussels project?

13 hours ago, Pieter666 said:

amazing!!

Believe me, I have on my disk. It is amazing.

Jo has such an eye for colors.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Believe me, I have on my disk. It is amazing.

Jo has such an eye for colors.

That is why I'm very happy Jo will give a try at EBBR :)

Wow -- this is really neat looking.  I'll be in on Koln/Bonn fer shure.  I hope it integrates well with Orbx North Germany.

That is some impressive artwork and effects! This is now on my wishlist.

Amazing! That rain is just so so real. I only hope you will revisit the Norwegian airports up north, before turning to Brussels. That would just be awesome.

Yes, I hope it too... The latest scenarios have fantastic and very real effects; rain, mobile avatars... it would be nice if they were added to all the scenarios you sell. 

Cologne/Bonn will be a fantastic must to have!!!! 

vor 15 Stunden , Mace_RB sagte:

I hope it integrates well with Orbx North Germany.

I hope it doesn't because Cologne is not part of GEN. It is part of GES. ;)

• Upvote 1