Prepar3d v3 Crashes upon loading Aerosoft Airbus X Extended

Hello,

The problem seems to be when I load the Aerosoft A320/321/319/318 I get an error that says Prepar3d has stopped working. The only addon I have is the Aerosoft Airbus A320/321/319/318. I also have the free trial for the Blackbox A332/333/343/346, but that seems to be working fine.

The error that shows in the Event Viewer after Prepar3d crashes...

Prepar3D.exe 
588f7cbf 
unknown 
c000041d 
0c80dd00 
16f4 
01d340676a9d85e3 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe 
unknown 
c3bde1a3-214a-42f6-bb23-6a7caa3f6c55 

My Pc Specs...

Dell Inspiron 3847
Windows 10 Home
8gb Ram
Geforce 1050ti (The graphics card is a replacement for the old Intel integrated graphics from last November)
Intel i3...3.50GHz...2 cores
64 bit

If possible, replie as soon as possible.

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello, 

Unfortunately the event log doesn't give any more detailed information. 

What version of the bus do you habe installed? (should be 1.31)

Please give the following hotfix a try and report back:

Hey,

So I tried the hotfix but I still get preopar3d to crash.  I have installed 1.31 last week. If there is something else I can give about the crash please reply and I would gladly give it to you.

Danke,

Niklas Nowak

• Deputy Sheriffs

Niklas,

the Windows Event Logs are unfortunately currently the only deeper source of information. 

Can you check please, if your graphics board drivers are the most recent ones?

If they are, I would kindly like to ask you to go through the steps in the following topic (from step 2 on). Depending of where the problem is located on your system this might be a lot of work, but experience has shown, that if you follow the steps in the given order chances are really high to get your problem solved.

Hey Guys!

The problem is Win10, after de KB4038788 update around the12th of september the whole Prepar3D community is upset.......:o:cussing_s:

You can read it in the P3D fora.....

Except for P3D V4 that version counters no problems.

We'll have to wait until the Win10 Founders Fall Update around the 17th of october comes out.

I have the same problem with all my payware planes, Aerosoft's Airbusses, PMDG B738, etc ,etc.(Only at startup P3D!) with an payware plane.

The (temporary) solution is this:

Start your Prepar3D with the Beech King Air 350i or other standard Prepar3D plane.

Go to your desired airport and wait until the scenery is loaded completely.

Then switch to your desired Airbus or other payware plane, then it should be working.....(for me it does)

Hopefully it works for you too....:)

Greetings,

Hans M.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the update has not correct the problem. ( Error- Creating Child Window ) I only get this error when I try to fly the airbus family and I'm not even able to complete a flight. Puzzled and getting frustrated.

Help!!

Mike :(

Hmmm.. When I fly the E170/E175 I do not get the Error, it's only when I fly the Airbus. This only started on Saturday October 21, 2017.

At this time i have stopped fly the Airbus until they get the V4 ready sometime next year. Sad!!

I just got off the Phone with Microsoft and they said it's  Airbus will have to do a patch for the error since it happens on there product. So hopefully Aerosoft can get this done asap.

Microsoft New update shows no errors at this time. according to MS

Thanks

Mike

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Mike,

Please post the error item from your Windows Event Log related to your problem along with some information about your system (like what simulator and what other add-ons are installed).

Also a description of what you have done the moment before the error occurred. 

3 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Hi Mike,

Please post the error item from your Windows Event Log related to your problem along with some information about your system (like what simulator and what other add-ons are installed).

Also a description of what you have done the moment before the error occurred. 

Tom,

Here is my log. 

Prepar3D.exe
      588f7cbf
      ntdll.dll
      ac8afc81
      c0000005
      000413e4
      01d34d56a6438507
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
      6d0f089d-899c-4e80-8ab4-6f815890a27c

The only add on I have are FLight Beam & FSDT Scenery's, E170/E175- Wilco & Aerosoft A318,319,320,321. I only get the error when I load the Airbus only. It happens right away like when I goto  shift F2 to put my route in FMC and thats when i get the Error: Creating Child Window. I'm willing to show you live on teamviewer.

Flight Sim: P3D V3.4

Let me know if you need more.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Mike,

problems with the "ntdll.dll" file are often related to problems with the graphics system of Windows. Please make sure to be up-to-date with your graphics board driver. If you already are you can also try to revert back to a previous version of it for test purpose.

Tom,

I have all ready gone back to Different Version and no matter what I get the error. So i get the Error of ( Creating Child Window ) right when I get that i go to the Event log and I get the "ntdll.dll". This only happens on the Airbus only my Wilco E170 works great. Maybe I will have to delete graphics card and re-put it back in. 

Mike

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Mike,

I haven't found a hint in this topic if you have already followed the suggestions in the link I had posted above, especially step 2 and step 3. Here is the link again:

For the moment I would like to follow this track first, before re-installing your graphics card / driver again.

9 hours ago, mgrimm said:

Tom,

I have all ready gone back to Different Version and no matter what I get the error. So i get the Error of ( Creating Child Window ) right when I get that i go to the Event log and I get the "ntdll.dll". This only happens on the Airbus only my Wilco E170 works great. Maybe I will have to delete graphics card and re-put it back in. 

Mike

If you are using Windows 10 fall update 1709, this is also an issue that Microsoft have to fix. (known issue)

Thread about this on the LM forums:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126667&sid=555532da068d6a64a2c03c0994e9adbe

Last post:

Hello everyone,

Microsoft will include a fix for this issue in a Windows 10 update scheduled for release around November 14th. This issue was caused due to a bug introduced in the KB4038788 update. This issue is specific to 32-bit applications which is why Prepar3D v4 was unaffected by this update. There will not be any updates required or released for legacy Prepar3D versions. If we receive any additional updates or information before then I will update this thread. Thanks again for your patience and for working with us to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for that link. That refers to the original error report in this topic.

However the error Mike (mgrimm) reported seems to be something else, as the ntdll.dll file is included. That's why I am following a different track for trying to get this problem solved for him.

Archived