Posting a few screenshots from a recent multiplayer session:

Please login to display this image.

A couple more from the same sortie - the middle Lightning must have been a paint that's not in my folder!

Gents,

A video of that very same Sortie.  Pls, pls forgive me for the length it is another 20 minute feature film :D But at circa 13 mins there is a rather spectacular spin moment :D

Enjoy.

Wow, nice flying guys !................. but I'm a hard taskmaster:ph34r: ............ nice separation on taxi out, but then no3 passes behind no2 to form up !  think FOD ! 

And using the mouse on the overhead latch to lock the canopy is for amateurs.... aces use the lever at the side of the seat;) 

:hi_s: D

I hate you D, FINE... I will use the bleeping lever  :P:D We had an issue with conflicting sceneries so we all ended up spread across a wide area hence why the No.2 man taxied from behind between lead and 3.  I daren't tell you what actually happened... Oh ok then as it's you: 

Lead and No.3 ended near each other on the ramp (I did not have the correct scenery for Valley - My fault) and No.2 ended up way over on the opposite side of the field, either because he is American and likes to be obtuse (jk!) or perhaps he hasn't the the latest version of the RAF Valley scenery either.  Well, neither lead nor 3 could see our No.2 man...  All of a sudden this wee dot appears on the far end of the runway and down he trots, passes between Lead and No.3, does this rather wonderful 180 behind both waiting Lightnings (getting rather warm and toasty and as you say possibly pebble dashed in the intake) and slots in and announces he is ready to go.... O.o  Looked dynamite on video but I wasn't brave enough to include it :D   More time needed in the pre-flight ;)  - It's a slow process but we are getting some what standardized, lessons being learnt.  We haven't flown all together in a very long time so it's a case of relearning what we learnt about online flying etc.

Many thanks for watching & critiquing, giving your hints here and there (I had totally missed the canopy locking lever).  Did you like the spin our No.2 man entered at about 13 mins into the vid? :D   

55 minutes ago, Ecthaelion said:

Did you like the spin our No.2 man entered at about 13 mins into the vid? :D   

.... I'm sure he claims it was just an evasive manoeuvre ........ The AIB liked to refer to it as " departure from controlled flight"

Really is a great vid though. .... looking forward to the diamond 9.:clapping_s: 

I hate to be big headed but we are capable of much better.  Back in our Falcon BMS and MS FSX days we were really tight as a group and our formations etc were incredible.   Especially our days flying the F-105D.  We will get there with the Lightning, will take a while whilst we work out the wrinkles in P3D etc, especially the Multiplayer instability - You may have noticed some really annoying rubber banding and stutters which makes flying a formation extremely difficult.

Archived