Real Weather?

We are all travelling more or less the same route. After one week it seems that X-Plane flyers (myself included) have been experiencing bad weather. But from the screenshots of Non-X-Plane users, the weather has been pretty good.

It would be interesting to know whether different simulators produce different "real weather".

Did any non-X-Plane flyers experience any bad weather in the Greek area at all? 

First prize would be if anyone just happened to be flying for real over Greece or Southern Italy at 10000ft or so and actually experienced heavy cloud or fog.  

Dave Britzius

(Cape Town)

Hi Dave

I use Prepar3D V4 with Active Sky for V4 and I had really bad weather between Brindisi and Sitia Public Airport. So much so that I had to land in Greece to avoid my Carenado A36 from been ripped apart in the air.

Today I took off from Sitia to Cairo and the weather is looking good

Regards

Delps

With P3D4 most of europe was covered with cloud below 10000ft fot the whooe period, from iItaly it cleared.  Of course I left Italy a few days ago to ensure that I would be in time to catch the boat again at Suez on the 7th.

I use FSX Steam Edition with the built in real weather function. The first two legs I thought I had great weather and visibility but turned out all my weather graphic settings were low haha :) setting it higher more clouds show now and it was always fully cloudy to Greece. Approaching Skiathos was also very turbulent.

I'm using Active Sky for P3Dv4 and up until last Thursday I've have beautiful weather. I'm running a wee bit late though. I'm currently parked up in Crete and I need to get moving. Falling behind so early isn't good lol.

I'm using AS16 in live weather mode. It seems to be pretty accurate. There's a trick with it as well if you have REX Textures. You can have AS16 control REX and it makes the cloud and storm locations much more precise. 

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

I'm using FSX and Active Sky. I had variable weather over Europe flying from Calais down to Brindisi with a very foggy morning in Venice delaying my start from there. But it was clear over the Alps. Since Port Said it has been hot sunny and clear with light and variable winds. I just arrived in Riyan, on Yemen's south coast (Gulf of Aden). Wind speed and direction seems to agree with Plan-G which I'm using. And also windy.com which was also suggested as a weather source. The general weather sunny/cloudy and daytime temp also seems to tie up with the weather app on my phone!

Archived