PFPX Stops Working During Planning

PFPX keeps shutting down during flight planning. This just started happening, and I haven't made any changes in my computer since the last time I used the program. I tried installing the hotfix, but it still

quits. It happens at different times during the flight planning stage, but it never gets past the route editing point, and the "apply" button isn't highlighted after I finish the editing, if I even get that far. There are no error messages when this happens, it just quits working. I'm using all the same aircraft and Navigraph data base. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling PFPX, but it still stops working every time. any ideas? Thanks.

Pete Locascio

Try reinstalling the vcredist 2015SP3 as posted HERE

If the 2017 version has been installed it supersedes 2015SP3, 2017 version functions perfectly well here.

Is there a crash log in Windows Event viewer ?

I have the 2017 version of vcredist installed. Where do I find the Widows Event viewer? I'm showing my ignorance here, since I'm just a plug and play type. Thanks.

Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Event Viewer

Expand Windows Logs and look under Application for RED error entries and identify a log that appertains to PFPX.

Where did the 2017 vcredist come from, installed by yourself or other software ?

I've sent pictures of the event viewer log. I took 2 pictures since I had to scroll down to get all the information. I also copied and attached what I saw. It looks like a link, so I attached the pictures if you need them.

I really don't know where the 2017 vcredist came from, it's just there. I had a new hard drive and a clean installation of widows 10 installed, so I guess that's where it came from. Anyway, like I said, it was working fine after all that was done, for several weeks. This just started happening today. Thanks.

http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event

Please login to display this image.

Hi,

Same here. The problem seems to be related to the map display window during the planning process. Tried the several vcredist variants. But it is not stable. Sometimes it works and sometimes it hangs. This was introduced for me with the latest hotfix.

Rgds

Reinhard

25 minutes ago, aua668 said:

This was introduced for me with the latest hotfix.

If you restore your previous .exe the problem disappears ?

26 minutes ago, Tamba765 said:

I really don't know where the 2017 vcredist came from

Can you check the installed 2017 version in Control Panel / Programs and Features

OK, it worked this time without the hotfix, but I've had crashes with this version too. We'll see how it goes. Did the error log information I sent tell you anything? Thanks.

9 hours ago, Tamba765 said:

Did the error log information I sent tell you anything?

Only that the crash is occurring in the core windows function ntdll.dll

For the majority of PFPX users this looks to be fixed by reinstalling the vredist, this can be a specific version hence me asking which version you have installed, or by updating graphic drivers.

On ‎06‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 20:42, srcooke sagte:

If you restore your previous .exe the problem disappears ?

I went back to 1.28.9c and the problem is gone. It runs as stable as before.

Rgds

Reinhard

Archived