Munich problem.

Cpt Bambi

Hello guys.

Well its payday and I've got some more of your airports, one problem however, I can't get the jetways to move, at Munich EDDM tried ctrl+j also with GSX option.

Also traffic vehicles on the roads appear as white squares!?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Which sim? As for the jetways, since it works with AES, I believe Ctrl+J is inactive.

In FSX SP2 (the only version I have installed), the traffic on the roads and on the ramp is as expected.

This is for FSX:SE, there was nothing on the product description about needing AES for the jetways, as for the traffic I don't think that's right somehow, its an expensive airport they should be there.

Ok I've been flying around in a Heli for about a hour and the white squares are gone, not sure whats happened but i had run the seasons tool to change to fall textures.

However i can confirm that the traffic is still missing. :(

(Edit) What about the jetways not moving, any solutions?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't have FSX:SE, but do use FSX SP2. When answering about DX10, be sure whatever you have in the sim matches the control panel for EDDM (shown below). For troubleshooting, best bet is to ensure DX10 is turned off in the sim and in the control panel (as in the picture).

Please login to display this image.

For both ramp traffic and road traffic, I have normal looking cars, busses, trucks, and ramp vehicles with the settings shown in the control panel above. In the sim display options, Airport vehicle density is "None" and Road traffic is at 16%.

AES gates work perfectly in the five gates I tested at EDDM. You noted that "there was nothing on the product description about needing AES for the jetways." Neither is there anything to say Ctrl+J is supported. The AES site clearly notes support for MA EDDM. While that's the key combo for default airports with jetways, it has limitations that caused many designers to use an alternative technology. Most if not all older Aerosoft FSX Mega Airports use AES to provide customized (= non-generic) gates and ground support vehicles and therefore do not support Ctrl+J. Also, FSX add-on airports published by others besides Aerosoft, especially large ones, don't support Ctrl+J, but instead support SODE . So there at least three choices a designer can chose from to activate jetways, and each of the three are used by somebody. Then there's GSX to add to the mix.instead.

• Developer

Sorry, forgot that you use FSX:SE, there the the modules not working, controlling the traffic, so no traffic in SE. The Addon was developed before SE exists and had no new version done after that. But I heard that a new version is planned or in development. Then also the Ctrl+J Jetways will be implemented.

12 hours ago, Herman said:

I don't have FSX:SE, but do use FSX SP2. When answering about DX10, be sure whatever you have in the sim matches the control panel for EDDM (shown below). For troubleshooting, best bet is to ensure DX10 is turned off in the sim and in the control panel (as in the picture).

For both ramp traffic and road traffic, I have normal looking cars, busses, trucks, and ramp vehicles with the settings shown in the control panel above. In the sim display options, Airport vehicle density is "None" and Road traffic is at 16%.

AES gates work perfectly in the five gates I tested at EDDM. You noted that "there was nothing on the product description about needing AES for the jetways." Neither is there anything to say Ctrl+J is supported. The AES site clearly notes support for MA EDDM. While that's the key combo for default airports with jetways, it has limitations that caused many designers to use an alternative technology. Most if not all older Aerosoft FSX Mega Airports use AES to provide customized (= non-generic) gates and ground support vehicles and therefore do not support Ctrl+J. Also, FSX add-on airports published by others besides Aerosoft, especially large ones, don't support Ctrl+J, but instead support SODE . So there at least three choices a designer can chose from to activate jetways, and each of the three are used by somebody. Then there's GSX to add to the mix.instead.

Ok look at it from my point of view, I go to the store and look at this airport and it clearly states FSX:SE compatible, turns out it's only partially compatible and AES I need to get it fully working isn't FSX:SE compatible, Nobody should have to assume or research before a purchase, it should say so there and then or it shouldn't be listed as FSX:SE compatible.

I can live without the traffic as it helps my fps but the inoperable jetways is bugging me.

Thanks for the detailed reply, it's cleared alot up for me.

11 hours ago, OPabst said:

Sorry, forgot that you use FSX:SE, there the the modules not working, controlling the traffic, so no traffic in SE. The Addon was developed before SE exists and had no new version done after that. But I heard that a new version is planned or in development. Then also the Ctrl+J Jetways will be implemented.

This is good news, any ideas on time frame?

• Deputy Sheriffs

According to the product page here, it is indeed compatible. The scenery works on the vast majority of systems (such as mine) that meet or exceed the add-on's requirements . We get very few issues reported, and by far the most common reason we've found is an issue with the customer's system. You appear to be in that latter group, so your support request will need to be elevated past what we can help you with on the forums. Please contact support@aerosoft.com. and provide a description with screenshots (if possible) of what you're seeing, plus your system specs. They should be able to help you so it looks like it should.

• Deputy Sheriffs
42 minutes ago, Herman said:

According to the product page here, it is indeed compatible. The scenery works on the vast majority of systems (mine, as you can see) that meet or exceed the add-on's requirements . We get very few issues reported, and by far the most common reason we've found is an issue with the customer's system. Unfortunately, you appear to be in that latter group, so your support request will need to be elevated past what we can help you with on the forums. Please contact support@aerosoft.com. and provide a description with screenshots (if possible) of what you're seeing, plus your system specs. They should be able to help you so the airport and surroundings look like they should.

4 hours ago, Herman said:

According to the product page here, it is indeed compatible. The scenery works on the vast majority of systems (such as mine) that meet or exceed the add-on's requirements . We get very few issues reported, and by far the most common reason we've found is an issue with the customer's system. You appear to be in that latter group, so your support request will need to be elevated past what we can help you with on the forums. Please contact support@aerosoft.com. and provide a description with screenshots (if possible) of what you're seeing, plus your system specs. They should be able to help you so it looks like it should.

Yes I know It is as I stated earlier, BUT the Jetways and traffic apparently need AES and AES is not compatible with FSX:SE. :(

Archived