Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Important Post
Normal Post
1 hour ago, Georg Klingler said:

4+14 is 18 at least my teacher told me that, maybe aerosoft calculates in other ways

The 14 days are not specifying the initial release date of the A318/A319 package based on the date of that post. They specify the gap between the A318/A319 and A320/A321 release.

There is no initial release date given.

You even quoted that statement yourself:

On 04/02/2018 at 6:36 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Of course the major questions is at what date 1. will be. But I simply do not know that.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are actually somewhere between 90.5% and 90.6% at this moment. 

Any more news from the weekly meeting other than the Percentage of Completion? :)

• Upvote 1

It's very confusing.

I also understood that the A319 will be cleared within the next 14 days. That would be consistent with the other statements. Release at the beginning of 2018.

It would be more than necessary to state whether the release will take another 3 months or 6 months. 

I assume that 90 % of the forum users have specified (between 14 days) refer to the post date.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Geroma said:

I assume that 90 % of the forum users have specified (between 14 days) refer to the post date.

If you use the forum search in the upper right corner of this page and search "this topic" for "release" you will find that this has been explained already a few times.

The statement is clearly 

• item 1
  • 14 days
  • item 2

and not

• 14 days
  • item 1
  • item 2

Especially as all the other given time spans wouldn't make any sense at all that way.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Gents, I have removed a couple of posts as they do not add new information or new questions to this topic.

But don't worry, your comments are noted.

vor 2 Stunden , Tom A320 sagte:

The 14 days are not specifying the initial release date of the A318/A319 package based on the date of that post. They specify the gap between the A318/A319 and A320/A321 release.

There is no initial release date given.

well then the fs kurir post in facebook i saw, was already wrong interpretated. they talked something from "release closer" and then you could see that 14 days thing link..

anyhow..take your time aerosoft. better as offer a bug thing

• Upvote 1

The clue in the initial post is not only in the red numbers but also in the text written above ;) 

• Upvote 1

also, if you take a look at the original post by Mathjis/Mathijs (never get that one right sorry LOL) the exact same question about the intervalls got explained two or three posts later.. If you are new into the forums, pls make sure to read at least the last 4-5 pages of this topic before asking a question. Chances are high, your question has been asked multiple times already.

• Upvote 3

I have yet another question. In the present bus the altitude callouts like "onethousand" during approach is issued every second when approaching a falling terrain (for example in Stuttgart EDDS runway 07). That led for example to "onethousand ... onethousand ... onethousand" callouts. There is missing a logic that prevents continous same radio altitude callouts when approaching a falling terrain hight or even when approaching a flat ground at 2500ft (with the "twothousandfivehundred" callout). 

Has this also been fixed/reworked or can you have a look at that otherwise? Thanks. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi! I just wanna know the minimum and "recommended" PC requiments for the A320 proffesional.

I have a GTX 1050 Ti and I just wanna know if it able handle it like old one.

17 minutes ago, Alan_A said:

Hey, guys, let me try to help with the timeline thing.  Sorry to say it's still not as clear as it could be. I think there are some language disconnects at work.  Try this version...

Not intended as a criticism, just a clarification... coming from someone who was initially among the confused.  I do this kind of thing for a living (writing, corporate communications) - and can't contribute to the community in too many other ways, I'm not a pilot or a repainter or anything along those lines.  Hope this is something that I can contribute... and that it turns out to be helpful.  

I did the same thing to help, suggesting it replace the text in the sticky and my comment was deleted, so no hopes this wil last a lot...

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Evilpig12 said:

Hi! I just wanna know the minimum and "recommended" PC requiments for the A320 proffesional.

I have a GTX 1050 Ti and I just wanna know if it able handle it like old one.

This is a good chance to learn how to use the search function at the top right of every page on the forum. Since you used that word in your post, simply type "requirements" (without the quotes and without changing the default range of "This topic") and you'll find the answer to your question. Pretty simple, right? ;)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, walterg74 said:

I did the same thing to help, suggesting it replace the text in the sticky and my comment was deleted, so no hopes this wil last a lot...

Well, the client gets the final vote... especially when the client hasn't asked for help in the first place.  So if they take down the post, that's cool.  All we can do is try... B)

3 hours ago, Alan_A said:
  • A318/A319 Professional
    RELEASE DATE: Unknown, TBD
  • A320/A321 Professional
    RELEASE DATE: Estimated to be 14 days after the A318/A319
  • A318/A319 Professional & A320/A321 Profession service Pack 1
    This Service pack will replace the current PFD and ND with newer version that are better in resolution and designed to be used in 2d mode (the other gauges should already work in 2d mode at that time)
    RELEASE DATE: Estimated to be 5 weeks after the A320/A321
  • A330 Professional
    RELEASE DATE: Unknown but guesstimated to be 4 weeks after SP1 for the A318/A318 and A320/A321
  • 318/A319 Professional & A320/A321 Professional & A330 Professional service Pack 2
    RELEASE DATE: Unknown, will follow after SP1

This should be pinned at the top with Mathis's, so that people are aware on how things are being planned out and there's no confusion in the community. Just a thought :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Electrix_13 said:

This should be pinned at the top with Mathis's, so that people are aware on how things are being planned out and there's no confusion in the community. Just a thought :)

It alrwady was pinned, as explained by Mathjis. 

Problem is people have reading comprehension problems. Making it clearer in the order would help (at least one would think)

Walter G, it is volume of material, ambiguity in interpretation as well as comprehension.  This is not surprising in such a massive thread.

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I have no idea how widespread this is, but as it was rather crude and depended on the user disabling his AV software it can't be used a lot.

We do not use any DRM on our FS add-ons. No online activation, no online check at all. You can install as many times and on as many systems (as long as you own them) as you want.  Piracy happened but we think trusting people is a first step to reducing piracy. Not installing illegal malware that collects your usernames and passwords. Everybody in this industry is hurt by this event. Trust comes on foot and leaves on horseback.

Mathijs,

do you want me to send you the 'disable antivirus' screenshot - from your very own Frankfurt Professional installer (amongst others) - which i purchased & installed...

poor performance Aerosoft & you have tried to dump a fellow flight sim developer - when you should know better!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 24

35 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

I have a feeling, that people who 'misunderstood' the original post, wanted to misunderstand it...

To be honest, I still don't see the problem with Mathijs' original post?! :huh:

The problem for me is that it's not clear what timing "in between" refers to - is it before or after the numbered event?   That's why people read the first item - "A318/A319, 14 days in between" - and thought it meant that the A318/A319 would be released in 14 days.  What I tried to do was make it more explicit that in each case there was an event, then an interval, then the next event.  It's much clearer to say in so many words that we don't know when the A318/A318 will be released, but that the A320/A321 will follow 14 days later - leaves nothing to the imagination.

I honestly have no interest in seeing any of these releases happen on any particular date - so I didn't want to misunderstand it.  I just did, because of that ambiguity about "in between."

I write for people who are distracted (like editors and businesspeople) and I'm used to the idea that all kinds of things will go wrong and all kinds of confusion will happen unless I roll up a newspaper and smack them over the head with what I mean to say.

Speaking of smacking things with rolled-up newspapers, we've probably all done it to this topic by now... B)

• Upvote 1

And this is again (for the nth time) the line below the release date discussion. Any further follow ups will be deleted. 

The forum search will reveal all answers to all questions related to this topic.

• Upvote 1