Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Important Post
Normal Post
21 hours ago, eaim said:

Can AS or any of the Beta tester's confirm whether the recently released P3d V4.2 has boosted performance of the the new Busses?

It's a good and fair question, but just a little too early as I'm sure members of the team will be downloading and upgrading to V4.2 over the next several days.  I'm sure Mathijs will let everyone know once we've had an opportunity to produce and review performance data.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well it will be something like this:

2018-2-13_19-49-54-584.png

This is actually an amazing image as there are 16 internal lights and at least 8 external lights that are merged to create what you see. Not wanting to tooth the horn of the modelers and coders, but it could be the most complex image in that aspect you have ever seen in P3D.  To make it it I switched on all the lights possible and all set them to a low value (except the side console/floor lights, they are on full bright).  Again do note how different the light temperatures are from different lights. They are all color matched to the bus we did our images from. That was something we really spend time on as it determines the depth. Lights for charts and the tables is white, lights for gauges is yellowish. There is some clever thinking behind this all.

And on my system (http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/127207-stealthy-falcon-build-log/) that gets me to 40 fps. Do not focus too much on the hardware. As always settings determine your fps. 

What are the best settings for zoom, etc? I have this same monitor and I always see great screenshots, but I cannot get it to look the same size/zoom/etc. 

25 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We do not know at this moment, we only know that P34D v4.2 seems to love GPU memory. This has nothing to do with the add-on but with the way the sim handles things.

And of course you can get 24 FPS with 4 Gb, as always it depends on the settings. It will at 90 fps with lowest settings and 12 fps at the max settings. Asking if it will run at a certain fps makes no sense unless you know all the parameters.

I think that might be because they might have changed the blurryness in textures that people have been reporting. This might make it take more memory from gpu side of things. This would have to be tested on some settings possibly.

30 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

What are the best settings for zoom, etc? I have this same monitor and I always see great screenshots, but I cannot get it to look the same size/zoom/etc. 

I always use 1.0 with the wideview option enabled. That gives me the best feeling for speed.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We do not know at this moment, we only know that P34D v4.2 seems to love GPU memory. This has nothing to do with the add-on but with the way the sim handles things.

And of course you can get 24 FPS with 4 Gb, as always it depends on the settings. It will at 90 fps with lowest settings and 12 fps at the max settings. Asking if it will run at a certain fps makes no sense unless you know all the parameters.

can you keep inform us about this matter? I'm really worried about that because I cant spend right know 600 € in a GPU

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Eduard Gasull said:

can you keep inform us about this matter? I'm really worried about that because I cant spend right know 600 € in a GPU

If rumours are to be believed, Nvidia is close to releasing their next generation GPUs so you’ll probably be able to snag a 1080 or even a 1080 Ti around the $350 mark once they’ve been out for a few months. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

If rumours are to be believed, Nvidia is close to releasing their next generation GPUs so you’ll probably be able to snag a 1080 or even a 1080 Ti around the $350 mark once they’ve been out for a few months. 

Ha! Just like now you can snag a 980Ti for cheap..? That I’d like to see....

• Upvote 1

A big thanks to Mathijs for adding the "ugly" sat dome model this creates a more realistic airliner used by Delta, JetBlue, Virgin America (now Alaska), etc. Btw, does adding the dome make older repaints obsolete?

Liking the 2K VC textures adds a more complete/finished look!

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, CuzIm_Tom said:

Can I fly this plane with a GTX 1060 wit 6 GB too? 

I really hope so. I've a 970 and i'm planning many hours with these beauties!;)

17 minutes ago, aktorsyl said:

Lot of us have 970's and 980's with 4GB. This news concerns me quite a bit. Think my upgrade to v4.2 will be on hold for a bit until there is more clarity - I am already on the limit of where I want to be in terms of fps.

Same over here, getting 100% CPU and GPU use when using specific add-ons already so lets hope for the best ;)

Mathijs, Since we are still within the 14 day bracket would you expect for the project to be dragged out a few days due to the wait of P3D v4.2 & bug testing? Or is your team still maintaining that period stated in the pinned thread?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

32 minutes ago, aktorsyl said:

Lot of us have 970's and 980's with 4GB. This news concerns me quite a bit. Think my upgrade to v4.2 will be on hold for a bit until there is more clarity - I am already on the limit of where I want to be in terms of fps.

I also have the 970 4GB, and hope I can still upgrade to 4.2, as the way I understand it, the new busses will need 4.2 to run, is that correct?

13 minutes ago, Jlunddk said:

I also have the 970 4GB, and hope I can still upgrade to 4.2, as the way I understand it, the new busses will need 4.2 to run, is that correct?

That's right, they needed the clickspots limitations to be increased which 4.2 fixed.

35 minutes ago, Agera1204 said:

Mathijs, Since we are still within the 14 day bracket would you expect for the project to be dragged out a few days due to the wait of P3D v4.2 & bug testing? Or is your team still maintaining that period stated in the pinned thread?

I do not know what interpretation you have about a “14 day bracket” but the A318/319 is not near release. If you refer to the 14 days that are listed between the A318/319 and A320/321 it is just that. 14 days between the release of those two, not 14 days till the A318/319. 

There is no release date or timeframe published for the A318/319!

• Upvote 4

Well, All I can say that I just finished upgrading my motherboard, CPU, RAM, CPU fan and Case. It will be very disappointing to not be able to have the busses after spending a thousand dollars. I have a GTX 1060 6 gb card too and NOT spending another Grand on a 1080. I hope this gets all sorted. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Frank Docter said:

I do not know what interpretation you have about a “14 day bracket” but the A318/319 is not near release. If you refer to the 14 days that are listed between the A318/319 and A320/321 it is just that. 14 days between the release of those two, not 14 days till the A318/319. 

There is no release date or timeframe published for the A318/319!

Thank you for clarification

On 24/01/2018 at 3:08 AM, planespotterhd said:

Looks good, Mathijs!

But Is the release in the 1Q2018 possible? And is an efb still in development?

Sorry for asking :huh:

On 24/01/2018 at 4:09 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Ohhh yes, that is most certainly still our plan. 

EFB is on hold at this moment as we really need georeferenced charts for that. We'll see. I am still not a huge fan of putting that in the VC and not on your tablet though. 

With due respect there seems to be a timeframe provided for the 318/19, sometime in the next 6 weeks is still Quarter 1.