Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Important Post
Normal Post

I am actually quite excited to see the performance of this new product in the new sim. Nothing against, FSLabs, I sincerely enjoy flying the FSLabs bus, but the Aerosoft one just has a better look and feel.

How long does this click spot coding take on average? I am curious about how much time usually goes into what seems like a small task on the outside but is really more complex than what meets the eye. I am not asking for an estimated release date, I am just curious as to what is truly done with just one click spot, yet I assume there are hundreds involved.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, P3d V4.2 only. But that is out now... ignore my internet speed. I live some place where the views are better then the Internet.

image.png

lol, i spend only 4 minutes in dowload.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Vor 1 Stunde, Flypupsi sagte:

Is it enough to install the "client installer" of P3D v4.2 for the new busses? (updating from v4.1 to v4.2)

For the moment, I would do nothing :)

I guess no one of the Devs has already provided updates and if you do the update now and are an "high-amount" pilot, you wont be able to use all your addons :-S

I personally will wait till Aerosoft will release their Airbus for a fresh and clean installation of everything :) My 4.1 is running so smooth and fine that I am not going to change anything at the moment :)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, raul arroyo said:

Is the A318 / 19 estimated to leave on February 17 or 18?

I think nobody can give you an answer cause the Devs now need to test the product with the new P3Dv4.2 version and - i dont hope that - but there can also happen new bugs they need to fix first :)

Guys, if you'd just take the time to read one page back you will see this statement: The AS Bus does need P3D v4.2 to work as intended but the release, of the Airbus, is in no way imminent. There is still some work to be done before it is complete. 

So don't make any assumptions on when it will be released. Not even the developers know that.

• Upvote 1

Can AS or any of the Beta tester's confirm whether the recently released P3d V4.2 has boosted performance of the the new Busses?

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, P3d V4.2 only. But that is out now... ignore my internet speed. I live some place where the views are better then the Internet.

image.png

Can I ask why do you have to download the whole thing again when you can download the client?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Julien H said:

Although it's not going to be released, it's still a pleasure to know we are a step further and closer to the actual release of the buses. ;)

Everyday, brings us one step closer to the release of the Airbuses... :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

image.png

Well that speed doesn't look too bad, Mines not much different and I get no view.

But i get to live in some place called Australia with our ridiculous national broadband network.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, eaim said:

Can AS or any of the Beta tester's confirm whether the recently released P3d V4.2 has boosted performance of the the new Busses?

No, at this moment can't. We're looking into that.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Because as producer you always need to be sure that your sim is fully up to date and I did find some changed files (bgl, textures and effects). No idea if they matter but I rather do not take any chances.

Oh ok thanks for answering that.

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Some updates. (after our weekly dev meeting)

• We completed all test on P3d V4.2 and found little that could cause problems. One possible issue is that it might be that GPU's with less than 8Gb of memory could be problematic and causing low fps. Lower than in P3d V4.1 in any case, we are still looking into it but will for sure demand 8 and preferably 16 Gb of GPU mem. 

I am curious why we would need a gtx 1070 or a 1080 while most people use a 1060 6gb gpu because prices are sky high for gpu’s. Personally I have a 1060 6gb and can easily get 40fps in pmdg and I get over 30fps in the fslabs a320.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, phlpeo said:

I am curious why we would need a gtx 1070 or a 1080 while most people use a 1060 6gb gpu because prices are sky high for gpu’s. Personally I have a 1060 6gb and can easily get 40fps in pmdg and I get over 30fps in the fslabs a320.

Edited that. Initially there was a small mistake in the numbers.

4 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Edited that. Initially there was a small mistake in the numbers.

Thanks, I was scared I would need another investment.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update Mathis, we (I) are eager for the release of this product and we know you guys are!! 

14 minutes ago, phlpeo said:

Thanks, I was scared I would need another investment.

You would have needed an impossible investment, as there are no cards (currently) with 16GB of RAM :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, walterg74 said:

You would have needed an impossible investment, as there are no cards (currently) with 16GB of RAM :rolleyes:

Sure there are... the Quadro's. But indeed all high end cards seem to be 11 Gb at this moment. 11 Gb makes sense at 4K of course. 
As always humans have problems understanding that if something gets larger you do not double the amount of 'things' needed but quadruple. I see on my system P3d V4.2 often uses 6 Gb of graphical memory after a long flight at high settings (we use high settings for tests).

• Upvote 1

After recently purchasing a 34" Ultra Wide (cause of Mathijs' post's and screen shots) and a GTX 1080ti FTW3 I'm patiently waiting to see what these bad boys are gonna look like on my system.