Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Important Post
Normal Post

Honestly I find a bit strange the fact that you are pretty much leaving FSX and the P3D versions older than v4... I really wanted this new a31x/32x professional version and I am an FSX:SE user but I don’t wanna (and I can’t afford to) spend a bunch of money to buy v4 and the relative addons... I think you’ll lose many customers because of this choice.

I don’t wanna be offensive it’s just my honest opinion.

Have a good weekend you all:P

While there is already a pretty good Aerosoft Airbus available for FSX, FSX:SE  and P3Dv1-3 there is none available for P3Dv4. So this is the priority. After that the A330 has the second priority.

Many of the eye-candy features being already showcased in this topic are for P3Dv4 only (as the older Sims simply don't provide what's needed for that). So with staying on the current buses on your FSX:SE for a little bit longer doesn't put you that much behind the new professional buses. 

10 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

While there is already a pretty good Aerosoft Airbus available for FSX, FSX:SE  and P3Dv1-3 there is none available for P3Dv4. So this is the priority. After that the A330 has the second priority.

Many of the eye-candy features being already showcased in this topic are for P3Dv4 only (as the older Sims simply don't provide what's needed for that). So with staying on the current buses on your FSX:SE for a little bit longer doesn't put you that much behind the new professional buses. 

I say that because in those “pinned” posts it’s written that you still don’t know what to do with the 32bit versions, so there’s a possibility that you will not update them, I’m not referring to the eye-candy features but to the reworked systems.

11 minutes ago, Hazzipoff said:

Hey, guys! Where is the activity. I am tired checking this topic 24/7 and see nothing new)

They only post when the have new information to share with us. The main information will always be pinned to the top of the page.

• Upvote 1

Hi guys, I have two very important questions that I would like to ask although one maybe off topic. 

I have been using FSX for quite some time, but I'm planning to move to P3D V4, but I have two questions.

Can we change the simulation rate in P3D V4 (just like in FSX SE) to X16 for example?

What will the x(_) limit that the autopilot can handle?

I ask that question because the current aerosoft a320 autopilot can only handle about x4 and if I exceed that limit the plane dives and crashes. 

9 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Last week was mainly spent on getting some systems from the A330 converted to the A318.

There have been handed out to our testers yesterday and are being tested as we speak.

While not having detailled testresults yet what I can already tell you is that on my own first glimpse the new systems feel a lot better to operate than the old ones.

Thanks a lot for your answer)

Is in the A318-A321 also the bulk cargo door built in?

• Upvote 4

Hi guys, I'd like to have some infos on the 2 MCDU. 

Is it like the former Bus where only right mcdu has fuel/door/checklist etc... functions? In that case is there a way to interface it with a tablet or smartphone?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RockwellLeo said:

So, what did he mean with this?

Mathijs was asked if he didn't wanted to give an update on some strategy meetings the week before (as he promised). Of course this context got lost after the post got pinned on top of every page here in the preview topic.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

No, both MCDUs will be used for the flight management system now.
The options will move somewhere else, where exactly we're still working on.

May I suggest a solution. The solution is that the mcdu uses the menu page to select either fmgs, Atsu or aircraft options like connected flight deck and ground connections.

44 minutes ago, phlpeo said:

May I suggest a solution. The solution is that the mcdu uses the menu page to select either fmgs, Atsu or aircraft options like connected flight deck and ground connections.

This solution is not possible according to the devs. It is ofcourse the preferred solution. 

Then what are the limitations of not doing it that way? Are these limitations technical? I am curious to know why.

I would prefer to have it as a pop-up menu. Does not look the best but to me ground connections and options have not much to do in the MCDU, as it is not realistic and we can't use an MCDU at some moments. Plus, a pop-up can be used in external view and has the advantage to be exactly like how the devs want it.

But again that's how I imagine and would see it. ;)

36 minutes ago, Pairbus said:

Any update on current status? Still just fixing bugs?

Nothing new on top of what I posted this morning ;)

• Upvote 2

That sounds very much as a thing to put in the EFB, when you decide to release that.

• Upvote 2

Ahhh the square peg, round hole problem lol

Setup options could be put into the captains mobile hehe

On 1/24/2018 at 9:08 PM, Frank Docter said:

Yes, the FL100/250 constraint was not editable but all other constraints worked already. The new version will have this fixed btw. There are a lot of different max weight versions of the A320. Ours are correct for standard Airbus specs. 

But which weight/specs are standard? Airbus offers more than 10 different MTOW/MLW options for the A320. Which ones will the new A320 Professional use? 

It has been great to see the development progress of this aircraft as I read through this thread. Thankyou to Aerosoft and to the developers/testers for being so open about everything. I can't wait to fly it!

• Upvote 1