Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

13 minutes ago, noahharget said:

Will we be able to use liveries from the previous Airbus?

This question has been asked and answered multiple times in this topic. Please use the forum search in the top right corner of this page and search for example for "livery" in "this topic".

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you feel uncomfortable using software that might still have issues I sincerely advise you to step in at 3. 
As explained, these are not updates, they are almost complete new projects and we have many many hours of testing to go.

Hi Mathijs, with this point, are you referring to a release still needing many many hours before a release is realistic, or are you saying many many hours referring to the point about still having issues?

10 minutes ago, Airbus A332 said:

Good job aerosoft! The day is coming finally. From now on, the 14 days just like a year for me :)

I think you really misunderstood... nothing is coming in 14 days...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Alan_A said:

Many thanks for the detailed update.  Unfortunately I'm a little confused about how to read the timings in red type...

Do those timings happen before or after the numbered step in question?  In other words, at number 2, is it an estimated five weeks between the A318/A318 and the A320/A321?  Or between the A320/A321 and the service pack?  I'm guessing it's the first option - five weeks between the two Airbus packages, and then an unknown period, maybe four weeks, before SP1.  But can you confirm?  Also... if that's the case, then when does the clock start on the 14 days referenced in step 1?

Everybody please note - I'm NOT ASKING FOR RELEASE DATES!  I'm NOT TRYING TO TEASE OUT RELEASE DATES!  I'm happy to have this this project take however long it takes to get it right.  I"m just genuinely unclear about what the time intervals are that the red type is describing.

Apologies to all of you who "got it," and thanks in advance for any light you can shed.

Think it was pretty clear since Mathjis said he does NOT have the release date yet to “kick off” this, so 1will happen “whenever”, and then the first red text, then 2, etc...

• Upvote 1

To give some idea of things, Mathijs has said it's certainly the plan to release in Quarter 1, "if" that were to happen at the last friday it would be 30th of March, add 11 Weeks (the timeframes given) and you're looking at Mid June for the 330.

• Upvote 1

Ah, OK, that makes sense.  So the way to read it is, numbered event, then time interval in red, then next numbered event.  Or to be specific, A318/319 release... then an estimated 14-day interval.... then A320/A321... then an estimated five weeks 'til Service Pack 1... and so on.  

I think I've got it.

Thanks, @walterg74, for the clarification.

Sounds like the Re-Bus is coming sooner rather than later.

Now how can I pay for the complete rebuy...rather than A319 alone?

Btw...what happen to Holgi, seems to have completely disappeared... 

Darryl

29 minutes ago, AA777-200ER said:

Sounds like the Re-Bus is coming sooner rather than later.

Now how can I pay for the complete rebuy...rather than A319 alone?

We appreciate you're enthusiasm!  But please be careful about how "sooner" you believe this product is coming, still plenty of work to be done, which is one of several reasons a release date can't be given as Mathis indicated in his post above.  For additional information you can refer to Mathijs' post above, which contains the following text:

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We'll announce deals on the bundle this week. But don't worry, they will be as sweet as our other update options. 

As far as purchase, you'll have to wait until the product is released.

Thanks again, and my very best wishes.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, flyingpilot1740 said:

Thanks Mathijs for the update :) 

One question left for me -> There will be now fees for Service Packs ? (sorry for that possible stupid question).

But now... pick a beer and relax for the rest of sunday. Upcoming weeks will be probably fully stressfull :) :cheers_s:

No fees for SP's.

11 hours ago, chris.edmunds said:

I would be buying the bundle, but the a320/321 gets published later, so will it be that I have to wait until they get released before buying the bundle or will I automatically get the 20 and 21 when they get released?

I am not sure our shop is able to handle giving access to the first released product, but I will discuss that.

8 hours ago, WatkinTench said:

Hi Mathijs, with this point, are you referring to a release still needing many many hours before a release is realistic, or are you saying many many hours referring to the point about still having issues?

Both, lol.

• Upvote 2

Very good news Mr.Kok!

• After this we'll most likely add more A330 models (more engine types etc).

Could be possible also -200 version?

• Upvote 4

Thanks Mathijs:  your announcement is helpful but still leaves us where these long, long threads have reached.  We still do not have a firm RTM for any part of the Bus package,  only a timetable for the sequence once it is finally released.

I am one of those who would like to purchase the whole package, if there is a price advantage to do so, and take the parts as they arrive.  I would be a little angry to find that if forced to purchase model by model, there was then a much reduced total price sometime after the final release.  

I am certain others would like a clear statement on this aspect before release of the A318/319.

With the number of open issues you have previously referred to I guess that I must continue to fly the Opposition 320 for some time yet, however.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, macca22au said:

I am one of those who would like to purchase the whole package, if there is a price advantage to do so, and take the parts as they arrive.  I would be a little angry to find that if forced to purchase model by model, there was then a much reduced total price sometime after the final release.  

I am certain others would like a clear statement on this aspect before release of the A318/319.

It is highly recommended to read at least the last few posts in a topic before asking a question. Only 2 hours ago Mathijs gave an answer to this question.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And you can assume the bundle is less expensive then the sum of the individual packages. I believe that is in commerce not unknown.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Btw, it could be that Lockheed solved the mouse issue that was blocking us. Fingers crossed as this will be mean a week delay or a week gained.
Did I mention how cool the developers at Lockheed are?

hope all goes well, and CRJ fixing can continue advance! Sorry off topic

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, generale84 said:

Very good news Mr.Kok!

Could be possible also -200 At version?

Possible?  Well, anything is possible, so yes.  But as the Boss said in his update post (above), the only variants  being looked at are different engines for the A330-300.  That means that the A330 has been looked at, but is not presently in the pipeline.

Adding different engines to an aircraft is FAR more more than simply adding textures. Different engines require different vastly different software code for the aircraft both int he sim and in real life, and engine monitoring and performance is vastly different. My point is that it's like writing all the engine and much of the FMS code over again and is very labor and time intensive.

Moving from the A330-300 to the A330-200 is even more work, and a lot more costs to produce the software.  It's similar, but in many ways it's a whole new product.  It's been looked at, certainly, but right now the focus is getting the A318/A319 out the door, then the A320/A321, then the A330, and then MAYBE different engines for the A330-300.  That's the current drawing board.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 4

vor 1 hour , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Btw, it could be that Lockheed solved the mouse issue that was blocking us. Fingers crossed as this will be mean a week delay or a week gained.
Did I mention how cool the developers at Lockheed are?

Hi Mathijs,

do you mean the previously mentioned "transparent clickspot" issue?

thanks and best regards,

Argonox

I HAVE read both the pinned threads, but I guess my english is not good enough, cause I still don't understand the:

1. A318/A319 Professional
    14 days in between

Does it refer to within 14 days, or when released it will be 14 days before the 320/321 will be out?

Not asking for a specific release date, just don't understand the "14 days in between"

2 minutes ago, Jlunddk said:

Does it refer to within 14 days, or when released it will be 14 days before the 320/321 will be out?

The latter interpretation.

• Upvote 1

God in heaven, for four months (P3D V4) I'm on AS bus deprivation. :boingy_s::D

• Upvote 1

Take your time guys, get it right. No rush. When it is ready, that is when it is ready.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2