Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Is it planned to integrate a monitor-self-test after turning up the ND, PFD and ECAM Screens?

• Upvote 3

vor 2 Minuten, Frank Docter sagte:

Yes, this is planned. Most airlines do not completely switch off the displays, but also in this case there will be a selftest when power is supplied. And ofcourse the DCDU will also have it. 

Thank you. That's nice.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gantalyetos said:

Just like the previous one, no NEO planned, the new engine option it’s still very new to develop it accurately. ;)

Oh right! Thank you very much for the info! :D

12 hours ago, datguytho said:

Has there been any change regarding the structure of the audio files?

In other words: Will we be able to just replace our current soundsets with the default ones?

The structure is kept the same, only the location of the files is now different being in the documents/p3dv4 addons folder as Lockheed wants it for all addons.

The installler of your custom soundset may not work anymore, but the structure is kept the same. You should be able to install your old soundset by simply copying over the files into the new location.
Yet keep in mind that some things may still change, while it may work in our current beta there is still a possibility for changes for the releaseversion.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

The structure is kept the same, only the location of the files is now different being in the documents/p3dv4 addons folder as Lockheed wants it for all addons.

The installler of your custom soundset may not work anymore, but the structure is kept the same. You should be able to install your old soundset by simply copying over the files into the new location.
Yet keep in mind that some things may still change, while it may work in our current beta there is still a possibility for changes for the releaseversion.

Should we infer that the Professional Version of the Airbus Narrow Body bundle will install into the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder instead of the Prepar3d base folder like the current Bus? 

27 minutes ago, CheapCharlie said:

Should we infer that the Professional Version of the Airbus Narrow Body bundle will install into the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder instead of the Prepar3d base folder like the current Bus? 

Correct, we'll follow Lockheeds recommended folderstructure with the new Busses.

• Upvote 3

Whats the current count on bugs? I understand there was a count a few days ago, sorry to be a pest. Just need my daily motivation to get through the wait :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Agera1204 said:

Whats the current count on bugs? I understand there was a count a few days ago, sorry to be a pest. Just need my daily motivation to get through the wait :D 

I don't a bugcount will say something about the total status. I.E. you can have 100 small bugs which can be easily fixed in a week, or 2 nasty ones that will take months... Mathijs said that release will be in Q1, and he is posting a weekly update ;)

vor 27 Minuten, Er!k sagte:

I don't a bugcount will say something about the total status. I.E. you can have 100 small bugs which can be easily fixed in a week, or 2 nasty ones that will take months... Mathijs said that release will be in Q1, and he is posting a weekly update ;)

Mathijs said, he hopes or they intend that the release will be in Q1 so that's quite a difference. ;)

• Upvote 1

There is no fixed list yet. And you should also not see the two products in the same light. It is comparing apples with oranges. Both add ons are good in different ways.

In the end it comes down to what you want and if you have the means for it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

In the present Airbus, I was unable to walk below the bus with the P3D avatar, for example below the wings. Was this a bug or will this be possible with the 2018 version? When walking too close to the aircraft for example for inspecting the engine inlets, the avatar just stopped and moved a bit backwards away from the plane.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

In the present Airbus, I was unable to walk below the bus with the P3D avatar, for example below the wings. Was this a bug or will this be possible with the 2018 version? When walking too close to the aircraft for example for inspecting the engine inlets, the avatar just stopped and moved a bit backwards away from the plane.

Mmmm, wasn't there a setting with avatars that prevented collision detection? 

• Upvote 2

vor 13 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Mmmm, wasn't there a setting with avatars that prevented collision detection? 

Didn't hear about that. The general P3D crash detection is off at least. Does anyone know?

On 1/23/2018 at 5:01 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We just had our progress meeting and as promised I'll explain some of the issues we are currently dealing with.

• Our main issue at this moment is that we can't add any more transparent click zones, they are simply ignored. Now for example when we inserted a complete 'stand alone' right MCDU we need to add click zones because the one we have there now does not have a complete set of click zones.  But as explained that is now simply not possible and we are waiting for Lockheed to come back to us on that. 
    Some background, we are not the only add-on developer dealing with this but we are hit a bit harder because we always tried to avoid putting the click zones in the gauges as that is hard on performance and in our experience a bit less stable. If this issue is not solved we have that a s a fall back option but that will need at least a  week to change over. It's a decision we have been putting off in the hope Lockheed with fix it . A bit frustrating though.

Thanks for the update Mathijs.

In regards to the above, I'm assuming consideration has been given to falling back on this initially with the move to your preferred option being made as part of an update/service pack to prevent extended delays while LM have their own internal discussions/decision making on this?

2 hours ago, Jlunddk said:

I've just had a discussion in a facebook group about the upcomming aerosoft airbus vs the FSlabs one, and it really annoys me, hearing the FSlabs fanboys still claiming that the FSL is 10x's better and that the AS isn't a study level sim. I have tried to explain that 1. How can they compare the two products when your's isn't even released yet, and 2. The only difference in study level (as far as I have understood it) is that yours don't have the failures part. So (and maybe I have missed it) is there a list of what features the AS A320 will have, so I can shove it in their face to see how advanced your sim actually will be?

Oh Lord... thousands of frozen atpl taken with that study level bus at 8 fps...ahahahaahah

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1