Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Important Post
Normal Post
vor 12 Stunden , Anders Bermann sagte:

I respectfully disagree. 

I find an EFB integrated into the VC of little to no use. It's hard to see and read (unless you zoom in quite a lot). With the relatively clumsy controls you have in FSX/P3D with regards to panning and zooming, it's really hard to use it effectively, IMO. Captain Sim did it once in their rendition of their 777, and personally I found it impossible to draw benefit from that feature.

If it could be made as a popup panel or something along those lines, I guess it could be useful, but then I would rather use an external application like AivlaSoft EFB or a tablet on the side. To be honest, it's a feature which are best left out of the VC as it utilizes unnecessary performance and RAM.

Of course - this is just my opinion.

Okay, that’s your meaning, BUT if you have no iPad and haven’t Avilasoft EFB, it is definitely cheaper when you have the EFB in your VC. But it’s a good idea that you can turn it on and off.. and it would be more real when you have this in the A330..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

29 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I suggest telling that person that he obviously never has actually used the product because at least some of his comments are simply not true. You can also tell him that most of the issues he mentions that ARE true have been changed.

Thanks Mathijs. This what exactly I told to him and also suggested him to join the discussion here instead hiding in Facebook group and telling to large simmers community wrong / bad things about Aerosoft future product.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, planespotterhd said:

Okay, that’s your meaning, BUT if you have no iPad and haven’t Avilasoft EFB, it is definitely cheaper when you have the EFB in your VC. But it’s a good idea that you can turn it on and off.. and it would be more real when you have this in the A330..

Again - that's your personal opinion. Please, please state your expressions as such. Just because you as an individual think that, doesn't mean that the rest of the world share your sentiment.

Since you're obviously incapable of conceiving, that other people doesn't share you view and agree with you, this discussion is going nowhere.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 11

vor 17 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

We just had our progress meeting and as promised I'll explain some of the issues we are currently dealing ...

Hi Mathijs,

Thanks for sharing the very deep Information about the project Status. I think it is rare these Days, that a commercial dev is doing this.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, gregoryv said:

I want to share with you, opinion of one member in Facebook group, real airbus pilot:

"Yea who really cares about paper inna clip when the original was so far from the real aircraft..have they fixed the Fmgc and Mcdu so that it behaves like the real aeroplane? In the original it was extremely limited with no ability to modify speeds for descents, contraint speeds where non modifyable, max weights where wrong, numerous basic features used every day where not available.
How does the FMGC compare to FSLabs or FF A320’s as they are the gold standard? Pieces of paper under a clip not used any more because we have Ipads mounted there in the real aeroplane dont really show whats been fixed,,,lots needed fixing..."

What can you say about it?

I don't understand why Mr. Real World Airbus Pilot is so angry.  If he has constructive suggestions, he can always email Mathijas personally.  Heck, he can create an account and post here for all of the developers to see.  You can't improve a product if you don't tell the developer what's wrong and offer suggestion. Finally, this business of pieces of paper is way overblown by the Facebook Poster.  In my airline, we use ten inch IPads for EFB.  I even have an IPAD mini for all of my Maintenance Manuals.  But pilots till use paper releases, weather breathing and use the ACARS printer is extensively for enroute Meteor Data as well as routing information from Dispatch.  BTW, Stefan's VC modelling of the paper attached with clip in the window frame trim is what I do often when I am preforming maintenance related engine runs.  

• Upvote 2

Oh Lord, let the developers do their job, everything else does not lead to it.

;)

• Upvote 2

An EFB in VC should be the last thing what the devs should think about at this stage for my oppinion :)

I would more appreciate it if this will come later with an special Update where you are also able to disable it for all the Buses in general but I think this is not an easy thing to develop and if Aerosoft decide to deliver it in the inital release, I think we need a lot more patience for the inital release.

The weather can be printed in the Plane already what I have not seen so far in any other plane and thats for my oppinion the important information for landing and take off you need. :)

Charts and so on should anyway prepared before the flight if no EFB is availabe :) and if you got the weather info from the printer, you can select from your before prepared charts, which STAR and arrival you take :P

I personally use EFB too seperately on a Laptop beside me during flight and I wont miss it but it is not a must have :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

vor 50 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

To close the EFB discussion, we do have plans for that (in fact some pretty cool ones) but it is not being worked on at this moment.

Roger

4 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

Single engine taxi is now also modeled with the use of the yellow hyd elec pump. 

THAAAAAAATS AWESOME!!!!

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, JP said:

Yes I understand. Thanks for your answers.
But for those who have invested heavily in FSX, it is not easy to emigrate.
Thank you

João Peralta

If you have the rigth hardware to do it its no so difficult. I have invert thousands of euros on FSX. but finally this month i decide to migrate to V4. 

By the way I feel a little nostalgic, when I started flying with FSX and had only a couple of planes and stages.

The good thing about this is that the vast majority of companies either give you the free upgrade to v4 or make you pay a low fee.

Orbx, for example, offers you the free update. Aerosoft gives you free some sceneries and airplanes like Twin otter or valencia. In others will be 5 euros approx as in" la plama" or "frankfurt." Carenado offers you free upgrades. Majestic asks you for 25 euros or 19 if you own the pro or pilot version respectively. The only one I find expensive is the active sky upgrade 35 euros. Pmdg as always will make you pay a huge amount for the same files.

But after all I can assure you that if your computer can support P3DV4 well, the change that you will notice is huge and it will not hurt at all  the money invested in the past.

Also you can always have both simulators installed at the same time if you have enough space.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, planespotterhd said:

In this Video at 19:44 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E7au6azmiM

I could be wrong but the real aircraft doesn't have that "original call out". So, in that case, Fslabs doesn't simulate well.

And why does it call only "V1"? Then it should call many other things, like "positive climb, gear up" etc... 

I think AS does it in the right way

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, klisura said:

I could be wrong but the real aircraft doesn't have that "original call out". So, in that case, Fslabs doesn't simulate well.

And why does it call only "V1"? Then it should call many other things, like "positive climb, gear up" etc... 

I would say it's not even Fslabs but probably Pro-ATC/X.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

55 minutes ago, klisura said:

As far as we know the A320 does indeed not have an automatic call and it is always the second officer that makes that call (and all the other calls). If is might be an option that Airbus customers can order is is not something we intend to simulate.

• Upvote 3

vor 12 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

As far as we know the A320 does indeed not have an automatic call and it is always the second officer that makes that call (and all the other calls). If is might be an option that Airbus customers can order is is not something we intend to simulate.

I know from personal experience that the A330s that I flew on have an automatic V1 callout. Some years ago, the pilot monitoring also had to call „Go“ 3 knots before the automatic V1 callout.

• Upvote 1