Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Important Post
Normal Post
On 1/10/2018 at 11:25 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

It really means nothing for a release date, but this afternoon I decided we are 'feature ready' (the import of weather data was the last thing we had to decide on) and we moved on to pure testing mode. We got hundreds of issues to sort out but the whole team is on 'fixing', not 'making'.  

One issue we need to decide on next tuesday (when we have our weekly meeting) is that most work is now done on the A318. That is because of a decision made many many years ago. A bad one as the A320 would have been better but one of these things we have to live with. We need to decide if we shift to the A320 and take some delay or release the baby bus first. In our team the baby bus is favorite. 

I would release the A320 and add additional features afterwards. We've all been waiting patiently for the busses to be available in P3Dv4. It's already 6 months overdue, based on original date of July 2017.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, AZWildk4t said:

I would release the A320 and add additional features afterwards. We've all been waiting patiently for the busses to be available in P3Dv4. It's already 6 months overdue, based on original date of July 2017.

They already implemented the features. The issue is that they used the A318 as the testbed and moving everything to A320 will delay things a tad more

On 1/11/2018 at 5:25 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

It really means nothing for a release date, but this afternoon I decided we are 'feature ready' (the import of weather data was the last thing we had to decide on) and we moved on to pure testing mode. We got hundreds of issues to sort out but the whole team is on 'fixing', not 'making'.  

One issue we need to decide on next tuesday (when we have our weekly meeting) is that most work is now done on the A318. That is because of a decision made many many years ago. A bad one as the A320 would have been better but one of these things we have to live with. We need to decide if we shift to the A320 and take some delay or release the baby bus first. In our team the baby bus is favorite. 

I'm not fussed either way, as I am happy to wait if needed.

But as I originally purchased the a318/a319, a320/a321 as a bundle and I am expecting there will be an upgrade fee for the P3D4 bundle.

If you then split up the release by releasing the a318 first how will the pricing for upgrading the bundle then work? 

I don't want to have to pay more than necessary if you know what I mean. 

Something to think about in your meeting

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Marty47 said:

I'm not fussed either way, as I am happy to wait if needed.

But as I originally purchased the a318/a319, a320/a321 as a bundle and I am expecting there will be an upgrade fee for the P3D4 bundle.

If you then split up the release by releasing the a318 first how will the pricing for upgrading the bundle then work? 

I don't want to have to pay more than necessary if you know what I mean. 

Something to think about in your meeting

I asked the same thing yesterday and still waiting for a reply, however it was side tracked with "enough already" posts

The question has still not been answered.  Will the A318 be realeased as a stand-alone and the the a319 as an update.  Or the A318/319 together In one early release package. Also, what happened to the whole “waiting for 4.2” thing? Did that just suddenly go away?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Adamthepilotkid said:

The question has still not been answered.  Will the A318 be realeased as a stand-alone and the the a319 as an update.  Or the A318/319 together In one early release package. Also, what happened to the whole “waiting for 4.2” thing? Did that just suddenly go away?

It's only the A318.

If you read Mathijs' post again, it's quite clear to see, that he's only mentioning the A318, since that aircraft served as a testbed for the new technologies and features which are being pushed into the rest of the fleet.

39 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Mathijs just asked the community for their opinion on releasing the A318 first. There will be a decision taken next week as he mentioned, based on which all details will be worked out.

One more thing: Mathijs didn't stated that AS is waiting for P3Dv4.2. That conclusion was drawn by users here in the topic. There is also the possibility that LM releases a hotfixe or AS keeps features out from the bus for the moment. 

thanks Tom,

what Mathijs actually said - was the Aerosoft Airbusses are all based on the A318 - your first release P3Dv4.1...

is this statement true or incorrect?

craig

I wouldn't mind anything aerosoft chooses to publish first tbh l, aslong as it doesn't impact too much on price, as I too ordered the A318/A319 A320/321 as a package so I don't see how they could take money off a single aircraft if they do decide to do that, that is. 

If the A318 does get released first I guess I'll be flying business routes which I'll be looking forward to doing :D

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

Craig, I suggest you just wait till next week. Mathijs will have had his meeting and I am sure he will inform us of the decisions he makes. 

I do not want this topic to go in a direction where statements are questioned or interpreted falsely and people are debating about it. This is a topic for us to show what is coming and for you to ask questions about said product. 

Thanks

thanks Frank,

it does indeed seem the A320 is a hot topic!

it would also seem, to me as a newbie, the Aerosoft A320 - is actually based on an Aerosoft A318 - quite different flight model, as i understand...

a Jetstar A320 with winglets would suit me perfectly...

cheers

• Upvote 1

Sharklets* Craig remember we're Airbus here haha ;-)

• Upvote 1

I am waiting for the new Airbus to come out with joy and trepidation. That's why I like very much the idea that A318 is made first.

I expect your wonderful Airbuses

20 minutes ago, GBNLL said:

Sharklets* Craig remember we're Airbus here haha ;-)

cannot wait for the Sharklets :))

& a proper/true A320 simulation, btw...

cheers

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

You got this whole notion wrong. The RW A320 Family, being the A318/319/320/321, all share the same cockpit and systems more or less. The A318 as a beta plane was chosen because it only has one engine variant modeled by AS and this makes it a lot easier to test. 

The AP, AT, FBW and most of the system logic are more or less the same for the whole family. Model one and you can then sort of copy and paste it into the other variants. This is the approach that AS takes for the V4 professional series. 

Flightmodels and engine models will be different between the AS A320 family variants and you will notice them. The biggest differences are engine sounds, thrust ratings and weight influences. 

Hope this clears up some of your questions. 

hi Frank,

looking forward to the Aerosoft LM V4+ Professional Airbus Series...

& +1 vote for the actual A320 'sharklet' variant really soon... (it has been 6 months+ since initial announcement)

thanks for explaining some detail i was unaware of...

cheers

• Upvote 1

Flying the a318 first and then the a320 after would be no problem for most I imagine.  Seems logical as that is the one that is finished first and tested, perhaps more of a seamless introduction and easier to monitor initial release issues.  People are eager as its a great product.  Hope for that route and will purchase on the day!  Have had the airbus series since released in 09 with my printed manuel still here for that original initial release and have upgraded to each of them since^_^ 

• Upvote 1

I saw that in the lower ecam we can see outside the cockpit door. But will we see also the hostess bringing coffee? Does someone appear in that monitor?

Sorry for the stupid question

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Great news that most of it is complete. Hope all the testing goes well! Well done everyone! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frank Docter said:

Not a stupid question at all. We were planning that but it proofs a bit difficult to do. Ideally you would use an RW pic here but those are very hard to get. Using an 3D modeled person isn‘t really optimal. Maybe photoshop will come in handy and we will use Mathijs as an FA. 

Thank you Frank. Anyway for someone it was a really stupid question and I got a down vote. Maybe this people prefer the same boring question on release date...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

Not a stupid question at all. We were planning that but it proofs a bit difficult to do. Ideally you would use an RW pic here but those are very hard to get. Using an 3D modeled person isn‘t really optimal. Maybe photoshop will come in handy and we will use Mathijs as an FA. 

Mathijs cosplaying as a FA? I second that. :)

• Upvote 3

On 1/11/2018 at 11:14 AM, flyingpilot1740 said:

Where you read that something is delayed, I haven't read anything about a delay? I only read that Aerosoft thinks about to pre-release the Babybus before all other aircrafts, probably i missed something... This kind of comments are your personal oppinion and we need to accept it but frustrating for the devs I guess :-S

See it from the other site - would you like to have an Airbug(s) with an too early release or an Airbus with a little bit later release? :D

You really haven't seen anything about delays?  First it was July 2017, then August 2017, then the end of 2017, and now we'll see when it really is released.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8