Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Important Post
Normal Post

[When will they be released? Next week?

The A330 (32 and 64 bit versions) will be next, early next year, the 32 bit A318/A319/A320/A321 after that.]

I think this part needs to be updated to "The A330 (32 and 64 bit versions) will be next, early in this year, the 32 bit A318/A319/A320/A321 after that."

It´s been written in 2017 and we´ve got 2018 already. ;)

A general A330 question. I saw that pilots in an A380 can switch on an airport map for the taxi to either the runway or to the terminal. Is this possible in an A330 too?

46 minutes ago, Flypupsi said:

A general A330 question. I saw that pilots in an A380 can switch on an airport map for the taxi to either the runway or to the terminal. Is this possible in an A330 too?

A330 do not equipped with that function

• Upvote 1

May I ask if there are plans to develop this for X-Plane too? I'm just asking because I feel not very comfortable with Prepared because it is not intended as a game and they only tolerated that we use it. And because of the fact that we are not the target group I don't believe that we can expect more features or support except these features are helpful for the professional part of Prepared.

Nevertheless I bought it and upgraded it because FSX crashed while my computer was bored because he has nothing to do. Unfortunaly I bought the Airbus package shortly before I swapped to Prepared and had not more then 15 flights or so with them.

I also own PMDG planes but I really love the point of view you're using to develop the Airbus. It was only a short time, but I loved to fly the A318 - A321 (and Airbus X before) because it felt more immersive for me than flying the PMDG (737,777)

I'm really looking forward to fly the new Airbus. Keep up the great work and even when I have a bad feeling with Prepared there is no excuse for me to do not buy this Airbus. There is someone who will have his birthday at the end of this month, so I think this could be a really good moment for a release date ^_^ (just joking...or not...)

If you're not developing for X-Plane can you give a short statement why (if it is another reason then sales figures and is not way to much offtopic). PMDG stated last year they will not develop for X-Plane because they can't do things there which are possible in Prepared. I'm sure there are some other people how don't know where they should spend their money to be prepared (harhar) for the simulator with the best future.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

18 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And all settle down.... we are making progress, not as fast as I would like of course. 

Take your time. I’m happy to wait. 

In fact I’m really enjoying the majestic q400 again.

So don’t be too quick I’d like to get my money worth out of the q400 for a while first. 

Because I know once your busses come out, I will forget about my other planes again. As thats what happened to me pre p3d4. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, eaim said:

Release the Baby Bus first at least well have something to fly Airbus wise at least. Time will go over faster if we are busy flying and I'm sure we'll pester you a lot less for the A320.

...maybe just a bit less - we don't want to make promises to Aerosoft that we can't keep ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It really means nothing for a release date, but this afternoon I decided we are 'feature ready' (the import of weather data was the last thing we had to decide on) and we moved on to pure testing mode. We got hundreds of issues to sort out but the whole team is on 'fixing', not 'making'.  

One issue we need to decide on next tuesday (when we have our weekly meeting) is that most work is now done on the A318. That is because of a decision made many many years ago. A bad one as the A320 would have been better but one of these things we have to live with. We need to decide if we shift to the A320 and take some delay or release the baby bus first. In our team the baby bus is favorite. 

Hope this fixing time will not be nothing similar to the CRJ fixing time when every time hans fix something frank brake other part of the plane and same move for 4 years..... XD just kidding,

when you say the baby bus, are talking about 318/19, i mean a319 is included on what you guys call baby bus?

cheers.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

There are no plans for a X-Plane verion, mainly because we simply do not have the resources to tackle that.

The stock reply to this some while back, was that there wasn't a sufficient market to consider this, has this changed since XP11?   I note that you have much more scenery for X-Plane now.  I have bought some of it.

• Upvote 2

Well, I think people which havent not enough money to pay the FSLabs and are AS fans just want to fly the new Airbus(me icluded) I'm just waiting for the Aerobus to switch to the V4 :)

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm for releasing the A318 first as well, for exactly the same reason you gave - absolutely!

With that said, we need to keep in mind that there are a LOT less liveries available for the A318, and the moment we release this I can guarantee that we'll have quite a few people complain loudly about the lack of liveries.

In fact, in the stage of testing we're presently at, I'm even bothered with a lack of having a Delta Livery (there is no Delta livery for the A318).  Even though I spend 90% of my time on the flight deck, I stream my flights so the livery is more important for that reason. Anyway, I can sympathize with how people are going to feel if they purchase the A318 and don't have even a fictional livery for one of the larger airlines.

Best wishes.

I'd purchase the a318 first no problem!  It is the best looking of the series...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It really means nothing for a release date, but this afternoon I decided we are 'feature ready' (the import of weather data was the last thing we had to decide on) and we moved on to pure testing mode. We got hundreds of issues to sort out but the whole team is on 'fixing', not 'making'.  

One issue we need to decide on next tuesday (when we have our weekly meeting) is that most work is now done on the A318. That is because of a decision made many many years ago. A bad one as the A320 would have been better but one of these things we have to live with. We need to decide if we shift to the A320 and take some delay or release the baby bus first. In our team the baby bus is favorite. 

I checked my order history.

I purchased the A318/319 in Sept 2014 and the A320/321 was purchased two months later so there would be no serious issues if the same timeline prevails for the new versions.

It would be preferable, of course, if the 320 came out a little quicker than waiting for another 2 months.

Wow, Almost 3 1/2 years since the development of the present version......

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We'll have to do some French flying, the only place the A318 is flown these days. :P  As by "Air France."

Now for a newer CDG by Aerosoft...:unsure:

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Can you elaborate on "some delay", depending on that answer I would say release the A318, if it's a case of a <3 Weeks for the A320, if it's thought to be longer I'd focus on the 320/321, might be the teams favourite but of orders, it's like 1% of the Airbus A318-321 orders. I would say most folks want to fly realistic routes with the right aircraft.

35 minutes ago, AA777-200ER said:

We'll have to do some French flying, the only place the A318 is flown these days. :P  As by "Air France."

Now for a newer CDG by Aerosoft...:unsure:

The info is a little dated, but it's all I could find from a single source:

Aug 21, 2013 - The Airbus A318 can be thought of as the black sheep of the Airbus family. With a grand total of only 79 airframes built, the A318 program was simply not meant to be. Earlier this month, the final A318 based in North America, belonging to Frontier Airlines, has been retired at the young age of 10

Still, I do like flying it, turns well!  Flight to Paro anyone?

• Upvote 3

Avianca flies the A318 as well! I’m very excited to use it in my Colombian flights as well as Brazilian ones with Avianca Brazil. Any Airbus from Aerosoft is welcome!

Cheers. 

• Upvote 3

I use the baby bus for a fictional corporate jet, fun and fast and can get into the smaller fields. I cannot remember the last time I flew the A320/21.  When the A330 shows up, it will be a cargo plane for me regardless of what version comes out, I'll fly it from the cockpit which would be the same anyway. 

It's flight sim, we all can take it to what level we want. Happy flying everyone. 

• Upvote 4