Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

12 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

As you read through the previous topic I am sure you also read this:

So AS will have a look on it and then decide. This is of course not done within 5-6 hours after release of P3Dv4.1.

I am also sure I've read that but I am getting a bit older and remembering posts done in June is becoming a bit problematic. ;) But seriously, good to know AS will look into this. I obviously didn't expect them to do so right away: the plane hasn't even been released yet! In the meantime I've heard the rain effect doesn't look too good so... maybe AS should have a REAL good look at it before they decide. ^_^

5 minutes ago, JP said:

Sorry for the question but I'm a zero computer.
I have fsx-sp2 and the 64-bit windows system.
Does the 64bit Airbus not run on my FSX?
Thank you.

No, the sim itself has to be 64 bit in order to run the 64 bit Airbus. The fact that Windows itself is 64 makes no difference. FSX (and every version there is of it) is 32 bit so you would have to wait for the 32 bit version. And no need to say sorry because I am sure there are a lot of people who are confused by all this 62 vs 32 bit stuff. ;)

• Upvote 4

Will the new Airbus have a Pop Up for PFD etc.  (like PMDG). Would make things easier to read if you are approach 

:excl:

Elmar

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey Guys,

From all the great features built-in into the AS A3XX Fleet there is one missing for me personally. I have always loved hearing the cabin-crew announcements while taxiing in the majestic dash q400 or even in the upcoming fs-labs a320 vor p3d v4. Wouldn´t it be possible for guys to implement this feature into the new busses ?

Cheers,

Ahmed Al-Dabbass

• Upvote 1

As far as I know there are currently no plans to extend the already existing flows/announcements.

But the FS2Crew Button and Voice Control add-ons come already today with this feature.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I have to agree with everything that Otto and Emanuel said - both excellent points.

But we all know how it feels to be downvoted, and sometimes it can make you feel a bit rejected.  It shouldn't, but we're human being, not machines.

Being new and figuring out how things work in a n online community can be a little tough, but doing searches and reading back a page or two can really help bring someone up to speed on things before they jump in.

For the record, I've lobbied to have downvotes removed several times as I believe that they only produce negatives. If you think about it, not getting an upvote doens't make someone feel bad, while of course a downvote usually does. Plus, there is probably no more misused item that downvotes and one rarely knows why a downvote was given.  I'd much rather rate someone for the number of upvotes, especially because they are often so hard to come by.

Anyway, just brush it off (but next time maybe think about my advice above).  Most importantly know that you are welcome here by the staff and our community - and I'm sure it there was no intent to make you feel otherwise.  Despite your recent experience, the Aerosoft community (staff, customers and forum users) really are the most friendly in flight sim.

Best wishes.

Thank you very much everyone for those clarifications. I really appreciate those words! ^_^

• Upvote 2

vor 4 Stunden , wegerlee sagte:

Will the new Airbus have a Pop Up for PFD etc.  (like PMDG). Would make things easier to read if you are approach 

:excl:

Elmar

I'm  going to go ahead and second that question, having the option to popup and undock the main displays (PFD, MFD, EICAS) is on one hand great for greater visibility and for those that like to undock their panels to use them on a second monitor.

I attached an image of an example of such an implementation, that was only possible throught a workaround in the aerosoft bus and lead to some (albeit bearable) bugs, since it is not officially supported by the crew. I hope you guys will make my switch to the 64bit empire a little easier by enabling the popup and undock feature ;)

IMG_3321.JPG

And as you can see, there is one monitor just idling on top, so how about a 2D version of the overhead aswell while you're at it? ;D (undocking a virtual cockpit view to zoom that in on the respective panel parts halvens my FPS and significantly impacts my performance, as with most fsx users). that would save me the money of buying said VR insight overhead panel, money that I could in turn reinvest in some nice aerosoft native products, what do you think? :D

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, CheapCharlie said:

Don, I have the Airbus bundle.  I am person friends with a real life Airbus pilot who uses the FSLabs A320.  I have been lucky enough to experience his FS Labs Airbus while he has flown the AS Airbus on my PC.   So, being in that situation, I can give you a very informed comparison of the two products.  Both products are really high quality addons and contain near perfect features normal flight operations, 3d models, FBW code, MCDU operation, etc.  Where the FSLabs plane has an advantage over the AS Airbus is in major failures like engine loss, RAT/ADG deployment etc.  Also, FSLabs has a dispatch type software for flightplan import into FMS, the ability to control every individual light bulb and it illumination, a much more detailed nosewheel steering system.  All of these features use a tremendous amount of resources in terms of VAS and FPS.  In P3Dv3, you simply cannot fly the FSLabs A320 with the sliders at the same level as the PMDG 737, let alone the Aerosoft Airbus.  Also, in FSX-Steam, the FSLabs aircraft is barely able to get over 20 FPS in a heavily detailed airport like AS EDDF or EGGL.  AI usage can lead to OOM CTD.  

The AS Airbus has all of the normal operations plus a few minor failures built in.  Because of its slim 'resource profile' you can fly the AS Airbus into any heavy airport with lots of AI and higher scenery setting while still getting good FPS.  The As Airbus uses its own WXR, it works with any weather engine.   FS Labs needs AS Next/2016 for WXR returns due to the pripority DLL in the ND display.  Also, Aerosoft allows simultaneous installation of their aircraft into P3D  and FSX.  FSLabs charges considerably more for multiple licenses.  At the moment, I am comparing the P3DV3 versions of both Airbuses.  AS will be adding more features to the upcoming AS 2018 so the gap between the two aircraft may close further.  Finally, Having flown the two, for me the AS Airbus is more than enough aircraft.  Unless you are an A320 check Airman, the extra features that the FSLabs A320 gives really aren't necessary for a casual simulation pilot.              

Thank you so much for the comparison. I was on the fence if I should bite the bullet and try/buy FSLabs' A320 even though I have the AS Airbuses already. FSLabs has a hefty price tag of $140. I've grown tired of searching all these AS threads to find an estimated release date for A318-A321. First I saw July, then August, and now can't find a target date. I go to skylounge.tv because they track compatibility. It says Announced but doesn't help. Hopefully AS318-A320 will be released some time this year because the pictures shared by developers is awesome. It's like Christmas can't come soon enough.

1 minute ago, AZWildk4t said:

Hopefully AS318-A320 will be released some time this year because the pictures shared by developers is awesome.

Just have a look into the very first post of this topic ;) 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, CheapCharlie said:

Don, I have the Airbus bundle.  I am person friends with a real life Airbus pilot who uses the FSLabs A320.  I have been lucky enough to experience his FS Labs Airbus while he has flown the AS Airbus on my PC.   So, being in that situation, I can give you a very informed comparison of the two products.  Both products are really high quality addons and contain near perfect features normal flight operations, 3d models, FBW code, MCDU operation, etc.  Where the FSLabs plane has an advantage over the AS Airbus is in major failures like engine loss, RAT/ADG deployment etc.  Also, FSLabs has a dispatch type software for flightplan import into FMS, the ability to control every individual light bulb and it illumination, a much more detailed nosewheel steering system.  All of these features use a tremendous amount of resources in terms of VAS and FPS.  In P3Dv3, you simply cannot fly the FSLabs A320 with the sliders at the same level as the PMDG 737, let alone the Aerosoft Airbus.  Also, in FSX-Steam, the FSLabs aircraft is barely able to get over 20 FPS in a heavily detailed airport like AS EDDF or EGGL.  AI usage can lead to OOM CTD.  

The AS Airbus has all of the normal operations plus a few minor failures built in.  Because of its slim 'resource profile' you can fly the AS Airbus into any heavy airport with lots of AI and higher scenery setting while still getting good FPS.  The As Airbus uses its own WXR, it works with any weather engine.   FS Labs needs AS Next/2016 for WXR returns due to the pripority DLL in the ND display.  Also, Aerosoft allows simultaneous installation of their aircraft into P3D  and FSX.  FSLabs charges considerably more for multiple licenses.  At the moment, I am comparing the P3DV3 versions of both Airbuses.  AS will be adding more features to the upcoming AS 2018 so the gap between the two aircraft may close further.  Finally, Having flown the two, for me the AS Airbus is more than enough aircraft.  Unless you are an A320 check Airman, the extra features that the FSLabs A320 gives really aren't necessary for a casual simulation pilot.              

Thank you for the very informative comparison! :)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, AZWildk4t said:

Thank you so much for the comparison. I was on the fence if I should bite the bullet and try/buy FSLabs' A320 even though I have the AS Airbuses already. FSLabs has a hefty price tag of $140. I've grown tired of searching all these AS threads to find an estimated release date for A318-A321. First I saw July, then August, and now can't find a target date. I go to skylounge.tv because they track compatibility. It says Announced but doesn't help. Hopefully AS318-A320 will be released some time this year because the pictures shared by developers is awesome. It's like Christmas can't come soon enough.

Just check the very first post of this tread!

14 minutes ago, Alan Partridge said:

I don't mean to sound rude the this new version looks identical to the old version...

I believe most of the "new" is under the hood so to speak, IIRC the exterior model won't be changed due not wanting to break all the liveries which have already been available.

Well, it will be tweaked here and there and of course we'll add all the new visual features of P3D v4.1 but basically the external will stay the same. We believe it is still very able to stand up to the competition there. So most work is spend in the VC regarding modeling. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, it will be tweaked here and there and of course we'll add all the new visual features of P3D v4.1 but basically the external will stay the same. We believe it is still very able to stand up to the competition there. So most work is spend in the VC regarding modeling. 

I know you don't want to change the external model but...many have Wi-Fi antennas too. This should not affect the repaints since there always white.

Darryl

59 minutes ago, AA777-200ER said:

I know you don't want to change the external model but...many have Wi-Fi antennas too. This should not affect the repaints since there always white.

Darryl

changing the exterior will again add to the work loud which means we have to wait more time and  most of the people here are very eager to grab the new Buses. and I for one gonna snatch it (A330)  the first second it gets it head outta the Hanger 

I'm fairly certain, that Aerosoft has access to a real-life airplane, they're workign on duplicating.

If the model airframe has Wi-Fi antennas, it will be modelled in the sim-model. The same goes for hatches, door configuration, antenna layout and all the other features which will be present. Both internal and external, so to speak... 

• Upvote 1