Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Important Post
Normal Post

I use asn and pfpx for planning so that's fine. 

I purchase the new SF3D and it seems to me to be all hype....

Mathijs, any word on assumed temps and v speeds via a print out yet? Or at least an app to compute such important numbers? You had said to me earlier it was being discussed.

Happy New Year Mathijs 

SImbrief, PFPX and ASP4 is a very reasonable option. But the Wx Radar will still work without any 3rd party Wx Engine ?

A detailed takeoff and landing speed calculator would be very nice actually. 

Yes, Mathijs just asked about from where to read the wind data to add it automatically into the MCDU and not have to enter it manually. 

vor 5 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

I honestly have no idea what people see as a study level product. 

Lets provide them tons of documents which they can "study" before they fly it in the sim :D My understanding of "study" level :D

I fly an Aircraft in a simulator cause its fun to fly in my freetime from A to B and not to study the aircraft, sure its nice if its possible but then you should probably think to "study" some stuff in real life :D

vor 4 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Need some feedback to make sure we are doing things as people expect.

We are currently doing the MCDU wind stuff. Now as you know we always prefer to get our data from the sim and not add-ons to make sure it is compatible with all add-ons (certainly in weather add-ons). But for wind this is not possible.  Our plan now is it let the Bus pick up wind from ASN automatically (in fact that now already works fine) and to offer the option to pick up the wind files created by simBrief and PFPX. We think that covers the vast majority of users, but if anybody has any ideas, suggestions.... now is the time.

Probably there is a possibility to get the wind speeds randomly from some "real time" metar services (if no ASN or anything else is found on the systems), just to "simulate" that there are live wind speeds shown.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No. I believe you are not in the position to decide that the time is over to listen to customers.  We will release these products with the feature set we feel is correct and one of those is complete inclusion of wind in the MCDU. Not including that is unacceptable to us as wind determines so many things. Now we can do that in several different ways and we wanted to ask our customers how they felt about that.

So the time is most certainly not over for customers to give us advise. Most certainly not when I ask for it. 

I think Asn+pfpx+simbrief is good enough option that covers 95% of simmers. You could consider the new Rex Skyforce but it seems that almost nobody is going to use its weather engine preferring the HiFi one

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Mathijs, any word on assumed temps and v speeds via a print out yet? Or at least an app to compute such important numbers? You had said to me earlier it was being discussed.

I'll get back on that this week.

1 hour ago, aayyppxx said:

SImbrief, PFPX and ASP4 is a very reasonable option. But the Wx Radar will still work without any 3rd party Wx Engine ?

Of course!  The ONLY weather that matters is the weather in the sim and what weather engines create is simply not always what the sim itself makes of it.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, toasty98 said:

Is there any chance for the support of a free WX Engine like FSXWX?

Does that one create a complete wind pattern that can be exported? if so we might.

I'm a little confused by this discussion - will this ASN hook in work with Live ASN data? As that's all I use with Active Sky.

Also, will I have to put a flightplan into Active Sky for the function to work?

Thought I'd take a shot at a well-known x plane a320 while waiting for the new Aerosoft issue. Conclusion: a new appreciation of slow, thorough development before release. I'm a boeing/crj driver till the AS busses are ready.

I have moved from fsxse to p3dv4 I am used to flying Boeing 737 but now going to change to as Airbus when it becomes available not used the Airbus in flightsim yet so it will be new for me just wondering if a tutorial flight will be included along with the manual, also another weather engine to consider would be opus.

thanks.

8 minutes ago, S_D said:

I'm a little confused by this discussion - will this ASN hook in work with Live ASN data? As that's all I use with Active Sky.

Also, will I have to put a flightplan into Active Sky for the function to work?

1) Yes, Active Sky updates its weather export file regularly in live mode. In historic mode the update frequency is far less as far as I know. 

2) No, the weather export file contains the complete world weather. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jimimac said:

just wondering if a tutorial flight will be included along with the manual

The current version already contains a complete step-by-step guide including a tutorial flight. You can download the manuals from the current version from the product page in the Aerosoft shop to get an idea of the detail depth of them. The upcoming Airbus version will not contain less documentation. 

vor 4 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

No. I believe you are not in the position to decide that the time is over to listen to customers.  We will release these products with the feature set we feel is correct and one of those is complete inclusion of wind in the MCDU. Not including that is unacceptable to us as wind determines so many things. Now we can do that in several different ways and we wanted to ask our customers how they felt about that.

So the time is most certainly not over for customers to give us advise. Most certainly not when I ask for it. 

You are right. I'm not in the position to decide that. And I never would be that this should sounds like a order. So I said "I mean". So this is only my opinion.

And in my Country (Germany) we have a freedom of speech. But your "ask" sounds more like a order. ;)

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Roadie04 said:

You are right. I'm not in the position to decide that. And I never would be that this should sounds like a order. So I said "I mean". So this is only my opinion.

And in my Country (Germany) we have a freedom of speech. But your "ask" sounds more like a order. ;)

I understand your initial point (not to add new/change things as it would delay development and release) which is sound reasoning looking at things from the outside.  you can believe this, because I likely have more technical program management experience than anyone in Flight Sim - unless they too worked for the worlds largest developer and user of technology.  But it's an outside view point, and being from the outside it can't possibly take into account the many things which you're not privvy to (and which can't discussed outside of the development team).

Mathijs being a 30+ year veteran of flight sim development, he knows what he's talking about.

Regarding the "Freedom of Speech" comment, a small point of order.  We strive to make the Aerosoft forums the most friendly in flight sim, and we enjoy people being able to share their views so long as they are in good taste and in line with this being a commercial (corporate) forum. But as a commercial and not a public forum, there is no legal basis for freedom of speech and I was a little surprised to see someone assert/imply there was.  That said, and with the above in mind, we're pretty open here.  As I said, it's just a point of order, let's not allow it to divert us from the purpose of this thread.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 2

Thank you for understanding my inital point. As I said, I would never be harm, order or any other bad taste in my first message.

But Mr. Kok attacks me, and in my opinion is this not OK.

I'm a 50+ User who only want to have fun with a Flight Simulator. And this since the Commodore 64 area. So I'm not a immature teenie ;)

So it would be nice when there will be a little respect to my person. Espacilly this is a commercial forum.

Best wishes to you too

• Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, Roadie04 said:

But Mr. Kok attacks me, and in my opinion is this not OK.

I think you misunderstood him.  I read the reply and didn't see things that way, and I know Mathijs and that's not his personality.  Take it from me, you misunderstood him.  He was just saying that he likes input and seeks it out during the development process - that's all he meant.

Let's get back on track here in the thread.

My very best wishes.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jimimac said:

I have moved from fsxse to p3dv4 I am used to flying Boeing 737 but now going to change to as Airbus when it becomes available not used the Airbus in flightsim yet so it will be new for me just wondering if a tutorial flight will be included along with the manual, also another weather engine to consider would be opus.

thanks.

Pretty sure you will be over joyed with the Airbus.  I moved from hating Airbuses to loving them once I got an Aerosoft product.  I too have moved recently from FSX to P3Dv4 and the airbus will be my main aircraft.  I'm hoping, in time, to get maybe the A320/A321 and the A330.  I had the A321 extended in FSX so I'll look for a pack of some description maybe, depending on price.  I am sure manuals, tutorial flights and YouTube content will be around pretty quickly.  With a little background reading the planes are much more responsive and make you more confident.  Good luck and enjoy....

@Reider is absolutely correct, you'll love the Aerosoft Airbus. I was also a massive Boeing fan, but in P3Dv3 the AS A320 was part of my regular fleet and I enjoyed every moment of it. Waiting very eagerly for the release of the A320 series for P3Dv4 myself - it's gon' be good.

• Upvote 2

just to clarify,

the Aerosoft Professional P3Dv4 Airbusses will definitely be in my hangar when available - & all the development (hard work) is most appreciated!

& i am impressed that you are trying to make the most use of P3Dv4 features (& without 32bit restrictions)...

& integration with Active Sky ASP4 would be most welcome...

(PS - still using latest Aerosoft FS Commander which i find is excellent & with Google Earth integration)...

cheers, craig

• Upvote 1

According to Mathis' recent statement there is still time for suggestions, I'll release a few ones.

That lead me to think there are many many many months of gap between now and the release date, anyway here are my 2 cents :

1) Co-route easy to load into MCDU.

2) EFB where you can load airport charts

3) ASN wx integration

4) Co-pilot which can help you on check lists and radio management

5) Multiple and customizable camera views

6) Real engines, flaps and cockpit sounds taken from reality

7) Rain effects, snow etc on the glass  shield ( True Glass full integration )

8) Crew voices and psx announcements

9) Proper wheel rain spray effects

10) No more delays in release date communications

Basically you enjoy the product when you go from A to B with basic features, instead of the cockpit printer I would prefer to be able to import easily a flight plan instead of fiddling hours dealing with rocket science procedure to import a Company flight plan.

Cheers

• Downvote 8