Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Important Post
Normal Post

I doubt you'll see any FPS IF that iPad is running as a scaleform object in the VC in P3D V4.1 ... from the testing I've see so far of ScaleForm usage in P3D V4.1 performance was very impressive, I hope more developers take a serious look at ScaleForm.  I know ScaleForm is relatively new to P3D and scaleform objects in the VC is exclusive to P3D V4.1, but some of the possibilities ScaleForm can present with very low FPS overhead and full threading support make it a powerful tool in the SDK.

Cheers, Rob.

• Upvote 4

The reworking of the A31x/A32x series has been done in that time. For all the details please read through this topic. 

And just because what you saw in that video looked done to you,  doesn't mean it was already done. If so, you would already own and fly it in your sim ;)

• Upvote 1

In 2 hours it will be "very early 2018"!!!

Happy new year guys, I feel this will be a great year for us!

• Upvote 2

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year. Hopefully 2018 will be a year full of great add-ons.

We have known for awhile that the news a320 series was due for 'very early 2018'. Now that it is 2018, I'm sure we are all wondering if this means we can expect a release in the next couple of weeks or so, or if early 2018 means Q1? I'm sure we are all very much looking forward to these releases. 

Not to seem too desperate, but would it be considered to release an open unfinished version to help you with bug finding and testing, and also give us a look at products we have been looking forward to for so long! Sorry if this has already been answered.

Happy 2018!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You shouldn't expect a release of an unfinished product. 

To get a look onto the new buses just continue following this topic. As with previous releases, from a certain moment in testing on, the testers will be allowed to post pictures and videos here. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, krivadesign said:

I don’t see that happening. That’s what beta testing is for. Besides that, the average customer, One without actual experience on the aircraft, really isn’t that useful, if at all, at finding bugs etc.

most of the ‘bugs’ they find will actually either be features of the aircraft, which they didn’t know about, or simply something they expected to work differently than it does in the real world.

On top of that, the bugs the average customer would be likely to spot, are usually very obvious things, something the beta team isn’t likely to overlook.

I’m not saying it wouldn’t have any merit, but separating the wheat from the chaff is what the beta team selection is for.

Also keep in mind, the PR backlash would most likely be horrendous: “developer XYZ has released an unfinished product as a paid release, this is just stupid” etc. etc.

All makes sense. Looking forward to seeing more of the product and hopefully soon the actual thing. Great work so far guys. Happy new year!

3 hours ago, krivadesign said:

I don’t see that happening. That’s what beta testing is for. Besides that, the average customer, One without actual experience on the aircraft, really isn’t that useful, if at all, at finding bugs etc.

most of the ‘bugs’ they find will actually either be features of the aircraft, which they didn’t know about, or simply something they expected to work differently than it does in the real world.

On top of that, the bugs the average customer would be likely to spot, are usually very obvious things, something the beta team isn’t likely to overlook.

I’m not saying it wouldn’t have any merit, but separating the wheat from the chaff is what the beta team selection is for.

Also keep in mind, the PR backlash would most likely be horrendous: “developer XYZ has released an unfinished product as a paid release, this is just stupid” etc. etc.

Indeed! The only 'bugs' we can find, are those left on the windshield.

Happy New Year everyone!

Hi Mathijs, sorry to ask but, in the worst of the cases, if Lockheed doesn’t response, those features to be forgotten at the moment are immersion stuff or something technical like MCDU features? Thanks, cheers!

Just wanted to ask a couple questions. First off, has Lockheed given aerosoft a timeframe for when they think they will fix whatever the problem is? Secondly, just to clarify, by staggered release you mean we pay Once to upgrade to the professional A320/21 and then we update as aerosoft releases new features?  Thanks!

• Upvote 1

vor 10 Minuten, Adamthepilotkid sagte:

Just wanted to ask a couple questions. First off, has Lockheed given aerosoft a timeframe for when they think they will fix whatever the problem is? Secondly, just to clarify, by staggered release you mean we pay Once to upgrade to the professional A320/21 and then we update as aerosoft releases new features?  Thanks!

No, what he means is a paid beta. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

2 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

I wonder where exactly you read something like that from Mathijs posts?

I suggest you read his posts a little bit more careful and most importantly don't read anything into them which hasn't been said. 

Thank you! 

15 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

8 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

I wonder where exactly you read something like that from Mathijs posts?

I suggest you read his posts a little bit more careful and most importantly don't read anything into them which hasn't been said. 

Thank you! 

IIRC  @Mathijs Kok have previously said that Aerosoft won't do paid betas and I would assume that it still stands.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We have long since decided that the new Airbus line of products will be a staggered release meaning that we'll release what is done. We'll make it very very clear however what the state of the product is at every moment so people can decide when to jump onboard. At this moment we are still waiting for Lockheed though to be able to do all we planned.  If they can't solve our (and many other aircraft devs) limitations we'll simply have to forget about some of our features for this moment.

Would you be able to tell us what sort of features we would be missing out on/what features rely on Lockheed fixing whatever problem it is?

• Upvote 1

Who needs the printer.....I will have the coffee....have to find something other than the printout to put the cup on.  Thanks for explaining what is needed, it helps us to understand there is a reason for the wait.

• Upvote 4

thank you Mathijs for all the information so far...

please make a complete 'study level' Airbus series - we are all ready to Aerosoft purchase 2018!

keep it simple, yet comprehensive, is a basic software development rule - work within the bounds...

cheers

craig, australia

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5