Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Important Post
Normal Post

Good to hear that, because there were (A318 Research) pretty much noticeable changes, like flight behavior, ground friction and some other things, that i don't remember right now. The last version of Research Edition was from Dec. 2016.

vor 12 Stunden , privilegue sagte:

All of my friends incl myself have switched already (some casual flyers some airline pilots and 1 atc). It is superior to any prev. versions in every possible way. If you're still running 32bits and are a LM customer, upgrade asap, you're missing out otherwise.. I know I am not looking back.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I totally get the point on that. Watching videos on Youtube is (you can trust me as a V3-user) a real pain in the a... since V4 is so much of a game changer that it hurts and seriously you can believe me, it's terribly hard to keep my hands off of V4:lol:.

However, some things are keeping me away from changing now. On one hand I just don't want to pay for loads of my airports, again, although the price of Aerosoft for example is generous. On the other hand there's my hardware that is in my opinion not yet ready for the change and I don't want to run this risk just now.

But however, this is the Bus-Series preview thread and I don't want to spam it with my personal issues any longer;).

Apologies, but I have searched and couldn't find the answer. Will the A318 Professional continue to have a working Steep Approach facility (and button logic) for decent into London City? It's one of the airports I particularly enjoying with the old 'bus package, and one I'm keen to start exploring again with P3Dv4, especially as London area USED to cause me OOM issues previously that are, of course, gone now!

• Upvote 1

vor 8 Minuten, S_D sagte:

Apologies, but I have searched and couldn't find the answer. Will the A318 Professional continue to have a working Steep Approach facility (and button logic) for decent into London City? It's one of the airports I particularly enjoying with the old 'bus package, and one I'm keen to start exploring again with P3Dv4, especially as London area USED to cause me OOM issues previously that are, of course, gone now!

All the features included in the older Airbusses, Will be part of the new Airbusses. So if there is steep approach in the current A318, the Pro Version Will have it as well.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

All the features included in the older Airbusses, Will be part of the new Airbusses. So if there is steep approach in the current A318, the Pro Version Will have it as well.

Thanks! It's just that with the extensive redevelopment I wasn't sure!

Any chance that you might add the ActiveSky or REX weather radar as an option? I understand that the Aerosoft weather radar is superior as it actually scans the sky and works with all weather engines but it gives me a very noticeable performance hit. Therefore I can't use it.

Man, I am really bummed out that 32 bit version (FSX: Steam) wont be released until next year. I was really hoping for this year. I have pretty good computer and I heard many stories that 64 bit P3Dv4 Is not stable at all in terms of fps and stutters. I am surprised it has a lot of customers that are waiting for 64 but Airbuses. I am stuck using FSX: Steam. Its not perfect but at least flyable. I tried P3Dv4, and it its not better in terms of performance.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

It simply is not possible to release everything at the same time. This market is not one where a company employ dozens of developers and dozens of qa testers. If so it would be easy to do ... 

Instead things have to happen in a more serialised fashion, and here the demand actually defines the order (the one Mathijs described in his first post in this topic). 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

It simply is not possible to release everything at the same time. This market is not one where a company employ dozens of developers and dozens of qa testers. If so it would be easy to do ... 

Instead things have to happen in a more serialised fashion, and here the demand actually defines the order (the one Mathijs described in his first post in this topic). 

I see, thank you for the clarification. The Airbus 330 32/64 bit, will that be released at same time or again 64 bit first and 32 bit later? 

Thank you

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Tom A320 said:

Mathijs' post actually answers your question ;)

For the Airbus 318-321 64 bit first than 32 bit I got that. But for 330 it just say early next year both 32 and 64 bit will come out. Does that mean at the same time though or again separately. 

Thanks

For the moment you should expect both at the same time (unless Mathis is getting ballistic the moment he reads this and you will never read from me again here ;))

10 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

For the moment you should expect both at the same time (unless Mathis is getting ballistic the moment he reads this and you will never read from me again here ;))

Haha

Just announced P3d 4.1 change-log...4096 cockpit textures, how about high-res all round (interior/exterior) instead of the 2K already planned on?

Darryl

4 hours ago, Sar71 said:

Any chance that you might add the ActiveSky or REX weather radar as an option? I understand that the Aerosoft weather radar is superior as it actually scans the sky and works with all weather engines but it gives me a very noticeable performance hit. Therefore I can't use it.

Just wait until you see what the new WX does.We still feel that WX that shows what a weather tool does is not the the right way to go. We want the WX to show what is in the sim.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, nikita1234 said:

. I tried P3Dv4, and it its not better in terms of performance.

That is surprising, I have never seen a system that is slower per polygon in P3D v4 then in FS (any version). In fact per polygon it is almost always 25% faster. Just do not assume the same settings show the same. What is 'dense' in V4 is not 'dense' in FSX. 

We feel that (considering price) we still have by far the best busses on the market for 32 bit. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, AA777-200ER said:

Just announced P3d 4.1 change-log...4096 cockpit textures, how about high-res all round (interior/exterior) instead of the 2K already planned on?

Darryl

Have you got the GPU to handle 4k textures? I run a 1070 overclocked and I know I do not.

Just read in the previous topic about raindrops on the windows and that P3D 4.1 would probably not give us that yet so this wouldn't be a feature of the new bus. 4.1 has been released today and guess what, it has raindrops on the windows (applied to some 10 default aircrafts). So, will the upcoming Airbus take advantage of this new feature?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, J van E said:

Just read in the previous topic about raindrops on the windows and that P3D 4.1 would probably not give us that yet so this wouldn't be a feature of the new bus. 4.1 has been released today and guess what, it has raindrops on the windows (applied to some 10 default aircrafts). So, will the upcoming Airbus take advantage of this new feature?

As you read through the previous topic I am sure you also read this:

On 02/06/2017 at 4:47 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

[...]

Should they add such an option in the future we will gladly have a look into it.

So AS will have a look on it and then decide. This is of course not done within 5-6 hours after release of P3Dv4.1.

• Upvote 3

Hi All,

Very excited with the progress so far. Those shots are absolutley beautiful and I'm greatful for all the hard work going into the project. The expected date of realse for the products seems sensible since there is high demand for the smaller buses in the 64-bit community. I'm especially anticipating the A330, sine there has never been a proper modled and functioning 330 in the market. 

Hoping the the 2018 A320/21/19/18 will set the bar and will be a strong competitor with the FS Labs A320. 

One question I have, are these buses study level, like the FS Labs A320?:)

9 hours ago, Donddsa said:

will be a strong competitor with the FS Labs A320.

Ah, "will be"?  OOOOWWWWEEEEEE...   LOL! 

Seriously, the present state of the A320 Series (32 bit for FSX and P3DV3) are highly competitive with the other A320.  More expensive never means better!  The Aerosoft AIrbuses are not only substantially lower coast (we have a huge customer base which helps us do that), one also gets two aircraft and for just a little bit more you can get 4 different Airbuses - plus the existing Airbuses work on FSX and P3D without customers being charged a second time!  If you're seeing this how I do, you know that Aerosoft is firmly committed to it's customers and treating them right!

So forgive me, not it's not "will be", they already are!

The revision we're currently working on now is going to be even better than the existing ones!  But because we now have 32 and 64 bit, one size can't fit FSX and P3DV4.

For those who were asking about 32-bit versions... remember that the existing versions are all high-end.  Sure, a lot of things are being upgraded in the new versions, but  the existing aircraft are absolutely terrific already.  Think of it this way... airlines purchase new aircraft all the time and they're constantly rolling into service.  While most pilots want brandy new with the latest updates and mods, they still happy to fly any terrific aircraft!  If you think about it, the Aerosoft Airbuses fit that business model!

VERY IMPORTANT!   If anyone doesn't want to wait to move up to the latest and greatest when they're released, then also moving to P3DV4 at the same time is the ultimate way to get your flight sim on!  Now, hold on. I've read the posts in this forum where people mentioned holding back because of having to pay for upgraded scenery... but this isn't true AT ALL.  Existing (non Professional) scenery absolutely works in P3DV4!  Now the installers won't work because they have no idea what P3DV4 is and they don't understand the XML convection for scenery, but there is a utility (Lorby Addon Organizer) that helps you to quickly and easily add older scenery to P3DV4.  You first install to a dummy folder and then add the scenery manually using the utility.  Now sure, the Professional Scenery is mighty terrific in comparison to the older stuff and it's starting to reach the magnificent level, so maybe at some point you'll want to upgrade to it (I know I am!).  But in the meantime there is nothing stopping you from using you're existing scenery and enjoying the incredible benefits of a 64-bit sim. 

Now... let us NOT get side tracked talking about scenery.  My point is... if not wanting to pay for scenery upgrades is stopping you from moving to P3DV4 and enjoying the latest and greatest Airbuses, then it doesn't have to.  If you have questions about this then open up a new thread and PM me the link and I'll be happy to speak with you on that.  In fact, if you guys get 6 or more FSX users together I'll give you a live class in a Virtual Classroomo and show you all this and more about P3DV4 so you're comfortable with upgrading before you do so. 

Again, no scenery questions here in this thread, okay?  Start a new one and PM me the link.

Stay airborne my friends.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 3

On 8.10.2017 at 17:55, Frank Docter sagte:

Ofcourse. You can even choose if it is vanilla or chocolate ice. ;) 

Ps, we use that to decide if we switch on wing anti ice. For the engine anti ice we have other criteria. 

shame on me.. i meant wing anti ice... i'm sorry was not concentrating..

i'm a bid sad that i can't choose cookie dought :D

• Upvote 2

Sorry for the question but I'm a zero computer.
I have fsx-sp2 and the 64-bit windows system.
Does the 64bit Airbus not run on my FSX?
Thank you.