Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Important Post
Normal Post
12 minutes ago, andrlesenechal said:

hope u guys are already planning a P3D v5 version and upgrades to the 330neo since the release will be after the turbofan era in aviaton 

Aerosoft will have at least a few more decades before Turbofans are not used anymore, you might be right eventually but it might be in P3d V25.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PGaudet said:

The TrueGlass effects look nice.  Could you add water streaks on the windshield as the plane passes through clouds, like in this video (3:00 - 5:00 mark)?  That  would be awesome.

Aerosoft doesn’t develop trueglass tfdi does so you might be better off asking them.

These photos and features is just great ! The VC rain is amazing ! Too bad this wasn't avail before i had purchased another A320 addon... :( 

Really good job Aerosoft and great customer communication ! 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, roi1862 said:

These photos and features is just great ! The VC rain is amazing ! Too bad this wasn't avail before i had purchased another A320 addon... :( 

Really good job Aerosoft and great customer communication ! 

I think the other company that does the A320 (I assume you mean FSL) will have to respond with a similar effect, because the Trueglass feature will attract a lot of customers who are torn between the two.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, eaim said:

I think the other company that does the A320 (I assume you mean FSL) will have to respond with a similar effect, because the Trueglass feature will attract a lot of customers who are torn between the two.

Well with the way it perform right now it will be risky... and the speed they release updates i dont really know what to expect from them... but lets leave it and focus on this beauty.

1 hour ago, eaim said:

I am still very much surprised this is such a big thing for many people.  Shows me that even after 20 years I still have to learn what customers want.

• Upvote 2

Will it run on my 386SX 20Mhz with 512MB RAM and nVidia Riva 128?  

Kidding!  Everything looking excellent so far, one quick question.  As I understand it the real A320 you can put the aircraft into "Direct Law" mode which provides for manual trim ... ELAC (elevation and aileron computers) disabled, FAC (yaw damper, rudder coordination/limits) disabled, gear down ... should display "Use Man Pitch Trim" in the PFD.  Is this going to be implemented?

Cheers, Rob.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am still very much surprised this is such a big thing for many people.  Shows me that even after 20 years I still have to learn what customers want.

Mathijs, i think that this specific thing is very important for the realism unlike other things such as : external model, wings view, cabin etc... IMO Guys !  i would disabled the external model if it would add me some performance. 

taxing in heavy rain should be a challenge as well and till today heavy rain or no rain made no difference.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

They want it all, and they want it now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Sweet Lord Rob!  That was my second home system (with a 20MB drive). Man, I was somebody back then huh?  LOL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Hey Mathijs,

I think one of the main reasons that this particular visual enhancement is desired even more over others  (wing flex, pax views, cabin modeling) is because even though it does not alter anything else other than the view....as the flightcrew its in your face.

Have you ever seen the rock band Kiss perform without makeup?  If you close your eyes, the instrument playing is the same, the singing is the same, and you'd never know the difference, but you can visualize in your mind what they look like up on stage.....without makeup they are just a bunch of ugly dudes who can play and sing really good.:lol:

Without convincing rain drops on the windscreen during a storm...you can hear it, your plane's flight dynamics may be effected by it, but you have a hard time with the complete immersion until you can SEE it. 

I feel that is the biggest reason its a big thing for so many.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Kidding!  Everything looking excellent so far, one quick question.  As I understand it the real A320 you can put the aircraft into "Direct Law" mode which provides for manual trim ... ELAC (elevation and aileron computers) disabled, FAC (yaw damper, rudder coordination/limits) disabled, gear down ... should display "Use Man Pitch Trim" in the PFD.  Is this going to be implemented?

Cheers, Rob.

No. Only normal ops will be done.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I, too am looking very much forward for these features... Well I don't really need dimmable lights (high quality dynamic lighting is enough), but I also see rain effects to be a huge immersion factor. Most of us use Flight Simming not for training, but for the experience. And anything that can add the "feel" factor is very much welcome. Just like you mentioned adding "clutter" like coffee cups (although I myself don't drink coffee ^_^), paper slips, smartphones and so on adds to the cockpit/pilot experience. And having rain effects on the windshield (if it's done well and doesn't hurt perfomance too much) is the same. But when we talk about with what the "others" have to catch up with... the first thing they have to catch up with is wing-fle..... erm... I mean Connected Flight Deck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Agree with all the points about rain effects and immersion.  There's one more thing - we had them once (in FS 2004) and lost them.  So that helps drive demand, too.  If we'd never experienced them and they were just an abstraction, there probably wouldn't be so many requests.  It's not so much that we want them, as we want them back.

• Upvote 1

Its not just a fancy effect. Rain on the windshield is fundamental. Its part of the weather. What aircraft out in the real world has a dry windshield when its raining?  It plays a part in flying skills challenge. Just look at the YT videos of pilots flying in clear wx vs rainy/stormy. Their visibility goes way down even with wipers since they only clear a portion of the rain. IMO rain shouldve been a priority a long time ago. Just didnt have the tech and was a real killer on performance unfortunately. Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont recall seeing rain on windshields in level D sims they can just hear it so this is quite the breakthrough for us as simmers. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

No. it's a backup system for when the aircraft systems have all fallen to bits. I actually believe it was never needed in real flight (so never in over 200 million hours). 

7 hours ago, Alan_A said:

Agree with all the points about rain effects and immersion.  There's one more thing - we had them once (in FS 2004) and lost them.  So that helps drive demand, too.  If we'd never experienced them and they were just an abstraction, there probably wouldn't be so many requests.  It's not so much that we want them, as we want them back.

Yeah but they looked like crap in FS2004 and cut the FPS in half. 

1 hour ago, Hightower said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont recall seeing rain on windshields in level D sims they can just hear it so this is quite the breakthrough for us as simmers. 

That is partly because we have ‘real’ windshields in level D sims and just a projector for the visuals. 

The newer models I have ‘flown’ had fuzzy, slighty out of focus, visuals when you did not use the wipers though. Maybe an idea next to raindrops for the devs. 

• Upvote 1

Hello Mathijs,
You may not hear it anymore, but I have to get rid of it anyway.
When is it so far with the A318 / 319/320/321 64bit version?
Will it be before Christmas or until next year?
For my part, I'm slowly thinking of other alternatives.
So it would be nice to know how the stand is now after nearly 2 1/2 months after the announcement.

Greeting Sascha

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3