Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Important Post
Normal Post

God It must be frustrating being a Flight sim software developer on here! everyone just needs to take a deep breath and relax! I too want the Airbus series for P3DV4 but I dont feel the need to constantly keep hounding the developers with stupid questions! so just sit back relax and wait for the release its not like there aren't other aircraft to fly while your waiting!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Sorry if this has been asked before, Will the framerate and graphics problems be improved for this release vs the current A320/321 as it is been an ongoing issue with the previous version. I think that is because it seems that the current one is an x86 (32-bit) addon or it could be the sim. Other addons from PMDG and other high-quality companies have not given me this kind of a problem. Please say if I am wrong if that is the reason

Also... what will be the compatibility with FSX and the newest addition... Flight Sim World

Current System

Dell XPS 8100 -Intel i5

GTX 750 Ti- DDR5

--

Austin

"Does the APU run during refuel??"

In my opinion the aerosoft Airbus runs quite good in Prepar3D v3.4. So maybe you have to upgrade your hardware in order to have your PC handle a complex sim and complex addon aircraft like the AS bus. The GTX 750 is out-dated in my eyes and compared to presently available graphics cards, well, not up to date anymore. I don't know your CPU and overall system but P3D v3 was (is) more demanding on CPU so maybe your CPU is too weak for todays simming.

I know, not everbody is able to afford the latest hardware but in some way you have to be okay with a semi-smooth running sim then. Just my opinion here. :)

• Upvote 1

Btw. I'm sure that Aerosoft said in the old, bigger AS Airbus thread, that the overall performance of the new bus will be better compared to the actual one, because they have been able to improve lots of code to make the bus more performance friendly and efficient.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

男士(女士们),我收到了近200封邮件,回复了我对新测试人员的要求。我已经选择了十个我今天或者明天将要联系的人,但是我喜欢说我欣赏所有的邮件,抱歉,我不能全部重复地亲自表达我们多么感激你写信给我的时间。 

thank you very much . Whether or not I can be choosed , I will continue to support aerosoft's 320 projects

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Gents (ladies?), I had close to 200 mails as reply to my request for new testers. I have selected ten who I will contact today or tomorrow but like to say I appreciated all emails, sorry I could not replay you all in person to say how much we appreciate the time you took to write me. 

Certainly shows how much interest these busses generate great to see

• Upvote 2

I know I asked already, but: it would be nice to see some close ups and full plane shots of the new Airbus in P3Dv4, not "only" from the novel, needless to say great looking, virtual cockpit. Or is the outside view so unspectacular that it is not worth showing a preview? :P

• Downvote 1

I can only repeat Stephan's answer to this question when it was asked the last time: such images will be of course shown here (as part of his regular Fridays update) once AS sees them fit to be published.

• Upvote 4

As far as I know, the exterior will remain unchanged in order to be able to use the existent liveries. So you wouldn't see any difference at all compared to the present bus. :)

• Upvote 1

I think the Bus family looked pretty good in V3.  Much better than in FSX.  Even if the textures are not enhanced as to show the maintenance guys dirty finger prints on the cowling, the new lighting and display options in V4 should make them show off better inherently.  If there becomes a trade in overall performance I'd say keep the textures modest so the sim wont struggle and degrade the experience.  

7 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Is there a list of new features and changes to the new Airbus320 series ?

Not really, as almost all the code is completely rewritten there are thousands of changes, fixes and enhancements. From fonts to complete new elements like taking the fuel temperature (and changes in that temperature) into account in what you see on the displays. 

• Upvote 3

Mathijs, would it be possible to show us such a list with the most relevant new features (and maybe fixes) to get an overlook of the project? That would be great. :)

• Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Querer said:

I know I asked already, but: it would be nice to see some close ups and full plane shots of the new Airbus in P3Dv4, not "only" from the novel, needless to say great looking, virtual cockpit. Or is the outside view so unspectacular that it is not worth showing a preview? :P

Just be PATIENT! they will release shots/previews when they are ready, asking them the same questions over and over is not going to help!

• Downvote 1

vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

I did understand before that there is no list yet. My question was, if you could create one to show us the new features of the 2018 Airbus. If you can't thats also okay. Would have been nice and I thought the other users would have been interested, too.

• Downvote 1

Hi,

Looking the screenshots I see that some of the light knobs (flood, overhead...) are partially to the right.

Will the AS Airbus 2018 have gradual light knobs? I mean, not like old versions (On/Off). That's something I always missed on the AS bus.

Don't know the reason why has never been implemented, but now that we have 64 and DL options... 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Andrew_LaFon said:

Really hoping this get's released this month! We're lacking an airbus that won't make us go bankrupt!

Just an eager buyer like everyone else here but,

I wouldn't be hoping too much, if beta testers were just recruited, I'd hazard a guess at saying late December as realistic hope, I do enjoy being pleasantly surprised though.