Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Important Post
Normal Post
On 11/9/2017 at 9:59 PM, Gantalyetos said:

Well, but there was pros and cons. Remember that the demand for the Bus is massive! Time is also a “constraint” they have to keep in mind. In my case at least, I don’t want to spend money for an available 100+ € product that I —and I say again, specifically I— find the model ugly. I miss my Aerosoft Airbus, and so I’d rather wait for it. Nevertheless, Aerosoft, although it’s not perfect, it has its pretty good customer-product relationship philosophy where pretty much everyone wins. 

Cheers!

+10 

On 10/11/2017 at 3:34 PM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Time for the small friday update! Enjoy the pictures...

[...]

What a beauty !!!...... I really miss my AS Airbuses.. but, patiently waiting. In the mean time I'm enjoying the wide-bodies from BSS. I am content that we have Airbus now for all tastes. A few years ago, Boeing was the only thing that seemed to be able to be modeled. But, not anymore, and that is a joy to enjoy!  I strongly support those who not just think about their pockets but about the customers, too. Oh,  have you seen the Brake: fire/smoke effect on the BBS when you hold on the brakes for too long? (smiles). ... The exact suggestion I made to Aerosoft a few weeks ago, now- with the latest update- we see it on BBS.  (heads-up guys.. heads-up)  Immersion, immersion.  

• Upvote 4

On 11/10/2017 at 4:59 AM, Gantalyetos said:

I don’t want to spend money for an available 100+ € product that I —and I say again, specifically I— find the model ugly.

I'm curious - genuinely curious - as to what specifically about the FSLabs (which I assume you're talking about?) you find 'ugly'?!

Personally I find it an amazing model and simulation. I'm will not go into a comparison between Aerosoft and FSLabs. There's been enough of that, and we'll never find a consensus. Nevertheless, I can understand if one prefers one simulation/addon over the other - after all, they're two different things, in my opinion - the only thing they have in common, is that they both simulate an A320. But to directly claim, that one finds it ugly is a bit puzzling, in my opinion...

• Upvote 3

On 10/11/2017 at 3:34 PM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Time for the small friday update! Enjoy the pictures...

[...]

Just one word : Waow :)

• Upvote 1

Neither do i want to mention other airbuses or other sims, because the comparison is not in favor of the modest simmer that wants finally some value for money and ultimately and genuinely the entry of the niche flight sim genre into a broader market and into the hands and hearts of more simmers that now don't dare think of getting into such an expensive hobby...

But there is a feature i really love, having purchased this bus for another sim, and it's the voice co-pilot announcement of checklists pre-land-after takeoff-parking that i really love doing every flight, not as much in other planes.(Yes i am talking the one that comes with the Jar320). I would love to have a similar voice co-pilot asking me to do the steps of checklists, for my Aerosoft 320 and 330:)

15 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

I'm curious - genuinely curious - as to what specifically about the FSLabs (which I assume you're talking about?) you find 'ugly'?!

Personally I find it an amazing model and simulation. I'm will not go into a comparison between Aerosoft and FSLabs. There's been enough of that, and we'll never find a consensus. Nevertheless, I can understand if one prefers one simulation/addon over the other - after all, they're two different things, in my opinion - the only thing they have in common, is that they both simulate an A320. But to directly claim, that one finds it ugly is a bit puzzling, in my opinion...

Unless you have the Aerosoft Airbus already then only one simulates it. For now

14 minutes ago, frankj76021 said:

Unless you have the Aerosoft Airbus already then only one simulates it. For now

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Enough about the FSL bus...

Let's leave it at that, ok?

Truly amazing work Stefan.  I love how you included normally overlooked details like the emergency flashlight underneath the sliding window.  When I see the screenshot, I want to reach down and verify the LED is flashing like I do on the real aircraft.  Also, here in America, those flashlights all have a tamper seal that has to broken before the flashlight can be removed from the cradle.  I can upload a picture for inspection if needed .  Even the oxygen mask placard is in the exact same location as our A320 Aircraft.  Finally, is the level indication in the armrest operable like the real aircraft?  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CheapCharlie said:

I love how you included normally overlooked details like the emergency flashlight underneath the sliding window.

Do not forget that this position of the flashlight is company dependent, I haven‘t seen an airline in Europe that has it there yet. I hope it will be an option because for me it is unrealistic. ;) 

• Upvote 3

vor 3 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We are currently looking for a few new testers to add to our testing team to assist the developers with the testing of the 64 bit version of the Airbus projects.  Contact me with as much detail as possible at mathijs.kok@aerosoft com.

• If you are a Pilot, engineer or anything like that we certainly need you. We do ask for some proof though as we have been 'helped' by 15 year old Airbus captains before.
  • The more experience you have in testing software the better. We use SVN file servers and a Zoho project management / bug tracking system (but we can explain the use of those). A Skype group chat is used to communicate so you need that as well.
  • The better your forum status is the better your chances are. It's one of the few ways we can judge how friendly and helpful a person is.
  • If you do NOT get any reply you are not selected, I often get 300 replies to a post like this and it takes too much time to reply to each and every one.

Hi Mathijs,

I'm an hardware engineer from the biggest IT company worldwide :-) . Flight experience since more than 6 years on FSX and P3D v3 and v4 with Airbus, Boing and Dash8. I would more than happy to help you to develop the new busses.

Best regards

Frank

15 minutes ago, Artox67 said:

I would more than happy to help you to develop the new busses.

Please read Mathijs' post again, especially the first line ;) 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are currently looking for a few new testers to add to our testing team to assist the developers with the testing of the 64 bit version of the Airbus projects.  Contact me with as much detail as possible at mathijs.kok@aerosoft com.

• If you are a Pilot, engineer or anything like that we certainly need you. We do ask for some proof though as we have been 'helped' by 15 year old Airbus captains before.
  • The more experience you have in testing software the better. We use SVN file servers and a Zoho project management / bug tracking system (but we can explain the use of those). A Skype group chat is used to communicate so you need that as well.
  • The better your forum status is the better your chances are. It's one of the few ways we can judge how friendly and helpful a person is.
  • If you do NOT get any reply you are not selected, I often get 300 replies to a post like this and it takes too much time to reply to each and every one.

I sent you a reply e-mail to your request...although I don't post much at all in the forums (as I am more of a "read instead of speak out" individual) I feel you might find I would make a great addition to your team!

• Upvote 1

vor 15 Minuten, deatheater914 sagte:

I understand that some new a320 models come with a HUD-- head up display. 

Can we expect to see that in airbus 318, 319, 320, 321 professional?

No. Only like 1% (or less) of all A320 operators have a HUD. Not worth developing one. 

• Upvote 4

To rephrase Franks statement more directly:

• posts that clearly show that the poster haven't read and understood Mathijs' initial request for beta testers will be deleted and will most definitely not qualify as beta tester.
  • the some goes for posts that say something like "I have sent an email, but...". There is no need for a public post here. Make your email speak for you. If you have forgotten something, just send another (corrected) email.

The applications run strictly via email, not via the forum.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3