Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Important Post
Normal Post

To make it more clear: the wing-flex discussion ends here. All has been said, multiple times, in the past and just now, incl. the first post on every page of this topic.

Any follow ups on this will be removed.

EDIT: the suggestion of having the wings more bend is very well noted. Nevertheless there were also wing-flex arguments in between, and that's why this line of discussion ends here.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Who cares about Wingflex sheesh. I just wanna get in and fly the damned thing :) . Always fly from the cockpit view anyway so i cant see the wings. Do we have an eta on when we can purchase the upgrade to v4 ? Its been too long now i need my airbus back !

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

29 minutes ago, sgtcadaver@hotmail.com said:

Do we have an eta on when we can purchase the upgrade to v4 ?

First post on every page of this topic...

The known way from the current version (external fuel planner application and MCDU page) will remain available. 

Everything is almost set up :)

An install of P3d v4 - a new Win 10 and some PRO airports from Aerosoft.

Only waiting for the bus release - Have tested all my scenerys with default F22 and default airbus.

If I possible have 40 fps at active rwy at EGLL with also all ORBX installed.

How much fps decrease should we expect compared to default in virtual cockpit ?

Chris from Denmark

Mathijs, for us folks who wish to purchase the Airbus Narrow body bundle, can your development team create the product in a manner where the entire package is one single installer with one single serial code?     

• Upvote 1

This question has been asked and answered multiple times already: of course there will a bundle again. 

Have mercy, been waitin' for the bus all day
Have mercy, been waitin' for the bus all day
I got my brown paper bag and my take-home pay (read: credit card)

lyrics from ZZ Top, Waitin' for the Bus

Busses for Christmas would be amazing. Just sayin' :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

This question has been asked and answered multiple times already

I don't envy your job, Tom... I respect how you stay so calm, cool and collected. ;)

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, copilot767 said:

If I possible have 40 fps at active rwy at EGLL with also all ORBX installed.

That fully depends on your hardware and settings of course. But I can get that 40 fps without much problems.

• Upvote 1

Will there be new code regarding the fuel usage calculation within the bus? With the present bus I always notice that upon landing with the A320 the exact amount of fuel was in the tanks that the FMS expected. The A319 and A321 always burn more fuel than the FMS expected before the flight. It would of course be great, if the fuel burn calculation of 319 and 321 could be that accurate and exact like with the A320. :)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, J van E said:

I don't envy your job, Tom... I respect how you stay so calm, cool and collected. ;)

Oh boy. Where are you trying to go, J and E ?  lol 

How proceed your discussion about 2d popup display? 

Can I mark a point for the favor or the opposite?

On 10/31/2017 at 1:58 PM, CRJ900 said:

Not a valid point in P3Dv4 anymore. Yes, you can overdo wingflex like PMDG did with the 747 (like, they really messed that aspect of the aircraft up big time) but every aircraft's wing flexes in real life, some more, some less. If aircraft had completely stiff wings they would simply break or snap. Of course an A320 has significantly less wingflex than a 787, 777 or even a 737 but it surely has noticable winflex (not just talking about the constant wing wobble during turbulent or gusty conditions but the actual bend across the wing profile as the lift and load increases during phases like rotation or level ruise flight). Heck. even the Majestic Q400 has wingflex and its performance is the best of any aircraft addon I know thus far. So yes, the whole "isn't worth it due to performance/sim limitations" argument is not applicable now that we move away from the limited FSX platforms onto much more capable 64bit platforms. And if even the A330 has it then I really don't get this point whatsoever...

Again, not just criticism, but a honest opinion from someone who know his stuff. 

Well, I must say... I don't know this guy, but he gave the best response I have ever read. Correct, if an airplane wing was straight and stiff, it would break as soon as it lifts from the ground. However, in the A320, that curvature (or bend) you see in other airplanes is minute; thus, you don't see it so pronounced as in other airplanes.  Therefore, you will not notice it flexing (bouncing).. Well, unless the airplane falls to the ground , I assure you, those wings will " bounce." (but, that is called crash. lol) 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Off topic:

I now disagree that the "other" developer's take on the 747 wingflex was overdone. I thought so too but checking videos of a fully loaded 747 in slow, high angle of attack flight proved me otherwise. They got it right. 

• Upvote 1

On 1.11.2017 at 21:35, copilot767 sagte:

I think the better question is, how big would be the difference to the existing Airbus? However, I assume that's not easy to answer due to 64 Bit and 32 Bit technology...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 54 Minuten, Stefan Hoffmann sagte:

Time for a small friday update, this time with pictures again. Wingtips are now also visible from the VC! Detailing still in progress...

That's looking very nice. I guess the wingtip will be accurate and show extended oder retracted flaps like in the screenshot as well as the installed livery? Will the sharklets also be visible or is this a static view with the wing tip fence when looking from the VC to the wing tip? 

Great work. Keep it up! :)