Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

On 10/7/2017 at 1:54 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Let's be honest, the future is in 64 bits. We know we can do some great stuff in the 32 bit versions, but if your are seriously into airliners there is currently only one sim and that is P3d V4. Though developments in X-Plane are moving damned fast.

and I wonder if Aerosoft would develope the A320 series to X-Plane, and yes it was far more stable...

PS: I bought WADD Bali X via Steam :) 

• Upvote 1

vor 8 Stunden , egardian39 sagte:

and I wonder if Aerosoft would develope the A320 series to X-Plane, and yes it was far more stable...

Please use search function in the top right corner

1 minute ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

The last major task visually

This sounds good already! :)

Will the engine start be reworked and be more realistic in terms of start sequence and sound? I'm not sure if it really is, but to me the engine start sequence seems to be not like in reality. The engines start slow and then there is some kind of moments where it suddenly accelerates way too fast imho. Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

Will the engine start be reworked and be more realistic in terms of start sequence and sound? I'm not sure if it really is, but to me the engine start sequence seems to be not like in reality. The engines start slow and then there is some kind of moments where it suddenly accelerates way too fast imho. Thanks.

Could you elaborate on which parts exactly you feel improvement might be needed?

A rapid rise in fuel flow and EGT for example is rather normal when fuel is introduced into the combustion chamber.
The overall start time for CFM engines should be approx 30 seconds, depending on the maintenance status of the engine, and for IAE it is about 60 seconds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

shading starts next week, which is sadly a short week in germany! We got two days off...

Don't be sad. Nothing wrong with a bit of well deserved down time guys!

• Upvote 2

I can't wait for the new buses to get released. I really miss flying them since Windows 10 updated and caused a headache full of problems. (Prepar3D V3) 

I only wish it was sooner than later.

vor 15 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Could you elaborate on which parts exactly you feel improvement might be needed?

A rapid rise in fuel flow and EGT for example is rather normal when fuel is introduced into the combustion chamber.
The overall start time for CFM engines should be approx 30 seconds, depending on the maintenance status of the engine, and for IAE it is about 60 seconds.

Maybe I'm irritated by the engine start sound. When it begins its quiet and then it suddenly becomes loud within one second. That is what makes me think this sequence is not like in reality. Do you think the engine start sequence is 100% realistic? Serious question. :)

When I'm sitting in an Airbus aircraft the engine start seems smooth and constant or am I wrong?

Ps. I'm only flying CFM so no comment on the IAE's here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Meyerflyer said:

Maybe I'm irritated by the engine start sound. When it begins its quiet and then it suddenly becomes loud within one second. That is what makes me think this sequence is not like in reality. Do you think the engine start sequence is 100% realistic? Serious question. :)

When I'm sitting in an Airbus aircraft the engine start seems smooth and constant or am I wrong?

Ps. I'm only flying CFM so no comment on the IAE's here.

I completely agree. Same goes for the APU. The apu starts up and then it like ticks over or something, and then it over powers the engine sounds. The engines are quite and when they start there loud and increasing and it sounds great. But all the sudden, it just gets really quite and sounds very idle with no transition. 

• Upvote 2

vor 18 Minuten, Aviation Owen sagte:

I completely agree. Same goes for the APU. The apu starts up and then it like ticks over or something, and then it over powers the engine sounds. The engines are quite and when they start there loud and increasing and it sounds great. But all the sudden, it just gets really quite and sounds very idle with no transition. 

Yeah that is exactly what I was thinking. You can imagine it starts smooth and constant from 0-50% and then ... click ... 100% in one second.

Edit: Maybe it's halfway right/realistic. Maybe in real life there is a faster jump in APU and engine RPM but I'm sure that it is not supposed to have a clear jump in the sound art/volume like it is in the present AS Airbus.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Meyerflyer said:

During development a lot of time was spend filming real startups and recreating it as close as possible to what we filmed.
At least on the upper ECAM values are pretty close to our videos. On the lower ECAMs ENG page a few parameters needed to be adjusted in order to create realistic indications on the main engine parameters. Other than that our startup is pretty close to what our reference videos show.

Now, it's been two years since we created those and I'll review them tomorrow to see if I remembered it correctly (you know there is always a confirmation bias when you're developing something ;)).

• Upvote 1

vor 37 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

During development a lot of time was spend filming real startups and recreating it as close as possible to what we filmed.
At least on the upper ECAM values are pretty close to our videos. On the lower ECAMs ENG page a few parameters needed to be adjusted in order to create realistic indications on the main engine parameters. Other than that our startup is pretty close to what our reference videos show.

Now, it's been two years since we created those and I'll review them tomorrow to see if I remembered it correctly (you know there is always a confirmation bias when you're developing something ;)).

Thank you very much Emanuel. I cannot say much to the engine and APU startup values. I personally think they can be close to realism but what me and Aviation Owen wanted to say is that the sound seems to be not acurate or is too much depending on the startup values.

There is this jump in the sound architecture of the engine startup. Same issue with the APU. It's really quiet and in transition from 99% to 100% the APU sound is suddenly present. I think the issue is only in the behaviour of the engine and APU startup sound. Maybe you can check your files again or just listen closely to both startup sounds.

vor 12 Stunden , Emanuel Hagen sagte:

In this case I have good news for you: The new soundset of course also includes new startup sounds!

Great! :) Really looking forward to release. Thanks for your help.

On 27/10/2017 at 7:17 AM, egardian39 said:

I must say I fly X-Plane in preference to P3Dv4 at the moment - But I think the add-ons drive the sim though.  And quality add-ons like the Aerosoft Airbuses will probably bring me back to P3Dv4 - there are nice aircraft for XP11, the FF A320 looks superb, but lacks the immersion.  I love the 'Quick Look' feature in XP11, where you assign views to num pad keys.  Somebody asked the same question sometime back, and I think that Mathijs responded that the architecture was very different  and they didn't see the market as large enough, and there were already Airbuses available there. Things might be changing though.

For one, AS may use the name Airbus. As in Airbus A320. AS may also use the Airbus logo on the reading light brightness knob in the VC. Apart from that nothing much. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Frank Docter said:

For one, AS may use the name Airbus. As in Airbus A320. AS may also use the Airbus logo on the reading light brightness knob in the VC. Apart from that nothing much. 

Is there anything Airbus require Aerosoft to do with?

eg: provide some technical documents for you?

As Frank wrote the license is more or less just a name and logo thing. Not a technical partnership or anything like that. 

Any chance of us seeing some external shots with dynamic lighting if possible? Thanks 

V/r

ROMAN78 

vor 16 Stunden , ROMAN78 sagte:

Any chance of us seeing some external shots with dynamic lighting if possible? Thanks 

V/r

ROMAN78 

Of course! When its ready... ;-) But you dont have to wait for ages, thats sure....

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Of course! When its ready... ;-) But you dont have to wait for ages, thats sure....

Thanks looking forward to it. Can't believe I miss the AS Airbus series as much as I do now. It feels like an eternity but awaiting release.