Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

In such a case you are supposed to adjust your cruise altitude in the FMGS, and doing that should adjustmake the FMGS  Descent programming and the AI First Officer work with the new cruise level.

 

Yep, I think you're right. Anyway sometimes could be useful to force a checklist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with @DaveCT2003. If you are going to spend money on buying a flightsim and then add-on aircraft for it then you need to have a joystick.
Good quality add-on aircraft like AS, FSL. PMDG, Qualitywings and A2A aren't supposed to be flown with mouse/keyboard but a joystick or yoke.
Even if it would be technically possible (implemented by the devs) you won't even remotely get anything out from it compared to flying with even a basic joystick.

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Griffin78 said:

I agree with @DaveCT2003. If you are going to spend money on buying a flightsim and then add-on aircraft for it then you need to have a joystick.
Good quality add-on aircraft like AS, FSL. PMDG, Qualitywings and A2A aren't supposed to be flown with mouse/keyboard but a joystick or yoke.
Even if it would be technically possible (implemented by the devs) you won't even remotely get anything out from it compared to flying with even a basic joystick.

 

 

 

100% agree. I currently have a €19 Thrustmaster joystick as a intermediate solution, because my yoke is getting old and rusty and is starting to behave weirdly, and it works just fine. So no excuse for buying the **** out of Add-Ons and getting all greedy on the most important hardware. I don't care if you fly a Boeing with a joystick or an Airbus with a yoke. You just don't fly an airliner with mouse or keyboard. It's like using text on VATSIM (unless of course you're deaf/mute) and getting greedy on a headset

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, J van E said:

Question 2: you as a player (or simmer...) are the pilot in command (or whatever you call him) and you either also do the co-pilot's job OR you let the virtual co-pilot do that. Does that co-pilot help you in a totally realistic way or is it just helping out on a few things to make simming on your own easier? In other words: are the duties divided between the player and the co-pilot in a realistic way or is it a 'sim-only aid'?

 

It's a while now (since P3D v4) that I've flown an Aerosoft bus, so I'm answering from memory - and I hope that other more expert friends will step in and correct me where I'm wrong.  As I understand Jeroen's question - the AS copilot is a bit different from an SOP-based add-on like FS2Crew, where there's strict division of labor and you execute your flow and the FO executes his or her flow.  The AS version is at once more comprehensive and a bit more flexible - it gives you a little time to take care of your switchology, and then, if you haven't done it, does it for you.  So you have the option of doing your flows, and then having the FO check your work - or sit back, focus on the big-picture tasks (programming the FMGC, flying the aircraft) and let the FO push all the buttons.  My understanding is that it's probably less realistic than FS2Crew in representing task management (I could be wrong here - Frank and others, please advise)... but it's a lot more useful for sim flying in that you can decide how involved you want to get, and there's always backup if you miss something.  I also like that I don't have to memorize a script, and if I drop back into the bus after a while away, I'm able to function in it.  And the voicing is very nicely done.  The best analogy I can think of is the flight engineer in the A2A Captain of the Ship airliners, who'll run the whole panel for you if you want, keep you informed, and defer to you if you want to override something.  Hope this helps (and that it's accurate).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the AS virtual FO was a helper to many especially to those less familiar, but to be honest I didnt use it that much because Id rather do myself. Now that im flying on vatsim, the help would be appreciated.  Although the issue I had with AS FO was that it was severely scripted. If something wasnt done in exact order it just wouldnt continue or get screwed up. Then youd be continuing the flight on your own anyway.  Cant remember exactly how it goes. Been a while now since v4 was introduced and my memory is  a sieve. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember well there was an option to skip an item in the checklists that would prevent the first officer to get jammed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The AS specific Fs2crew feature was always a great feature that I appreciated in the immersion. Some way disagree and may choose to do it themselves but it makes it feel more fluid. Some  may feel it made things more elementary but most airliners are flown that way...hence fs2crew being available for other add-ons. Systems simulation is very important but so is operational simulation. Plus Aerosoft has gone to lengths to make it more fluid in regards to the simulation which is also as  is "as real as it gets".

 

Thanks 

ROMAN78 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost every day i come here with that hope of a release date, this is the only thing that makes me keep P3d V3 on my pc :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Alan_A said:

 

It's a while now (since P3D v4) that I've flown an Aerosoft bus, so I'm answering from memory - and I hope that other more expert friends will step in and correct me where I'm wrong.  As I understand Jeroen's question - the AS copilot is a bit different from an SOP-based add-on like FS2Crew, where there's strict division of labor and you execute your flow and the FO executes his or her flow.  The AS version is at once more comprehensive and a bit more flexible - it gives you a little time to take care of your switchology, and then, if you haven't done it, does it for you.  So you have the option of doing your flows, and then having the FO check your work - or sit back, focus on the big-picture tasks (programming the FMGC, flying the aircraft) and let the FO push all the buttons.  My understanding is that it's probably less realistic than FS2Crew in representing task management (I could be wrong here - Frank and others, please advise)... but it's a lot more useful for sim flying in that you can decide how involved you want to get, and there's always backup if you miss something.  I also like that I don't have to memorize a script, and if I drop back into the bus after a while away, I'm able to function in it.  And the voicing is very nicely done.  The best analogy I can think of is the flight engineer in the A2A Captain of the Ship airliners, who'll run the whole panel for you if you want, keep you informed, and defer to you if you want to override something.  Hope this helps (and that it's accurate).  

 

Thanks for that great explanation! :) 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really looking forward to this release in P3dv4. I've flown another Airbus simulation and it gives me the worst frames out of all my add-ons. I'm really interested in seeing how it will work in a 64bit environment. If it as fluid as the CRJ, it will be extremely welcomed.

 

Thanks 

ROMAN78 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gerade, itaylevi16 sagte:

Do you have any release date a318-a321 for P3D v4 ?

 

This year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ROMAN78 said:

I'm really looking forward to this release in P3dv4. I've flown another Airbus simulation and it gives me the worst frames out of all my add-ons. I'm really interested in seeing how it will work in a 64bit environment. If it as fluid as the CRJ, it will be extremely welcomed.

 

Thanks 

ROMAN78 

 

One of the features that really wins me over (in case of Aerosoft) is Connected Flight Deck, especially when the new system seems to be easy-to-use and by itself (no external software, etc..). It's a feature that shouldn't be missed on any Top quality Add-On. And if Aerosoft can really pull it off with the new system other devs should feel the need to "upgrade" their products or fall behind. It's not just a huge immersion boost, but you can have "tutoring" sessions, and also get more people to fly online (VATSIM, etc..) as well, especially with the "observer" feature. The new connected flight deck is THE feature I am most excited about.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ROMAN78 said:

I'm really looking forward to this release in P3dv4. I've flown another Airbus simulation and it gives me the worst frames out of all my add-ons. I'm really interested in seeing how it will work in a 64bit environment. If it as fluid as the CRJ, it will be extremely welcomed.

 

Thanks 

ROMAN78 

 

Look, I think if they fly with the same performance they flew on P3Dv3, we'll have Airbuses champions in the world of simulators on PCs. ;)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, itaylevi16 said:

Do you have any release date a318-a321 for P3D v4 ?

 

39 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

This year.

 

38 minutes ago, itaylevi16 said:

It will be before the end 2017 ?

 

Yes of course, otherwise it would be next year ;)

 

Please take a look into the very first post in this topic as it holds some other interesting information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Mathijs, do you have any idea when the bus will be ready? I'm waiting patiently for it as I don't want to go to FlightFactor because I think the textures look bad. Couple Months, Weeks, Days?

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

 

Andrew, please take at least the time to read the latest posts in this topic before asking your question. It has literally just been answered.

I think it time to start just deleting these questions...

 

They just waste space on the forum and make it harder for me to find actuallly important information. Or have like an command that it automatically deletes the post and send a pm asking them to read/search the forums before asking questions 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but only talk about the v4, but there are so many people who would like to know if by the end of the year only comes the version v4 or even v3, will v3 also come out at the end of the year? the differences ?

  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, waltervizzi said:
but only talk about the v4, but there are so many people who would like to know if by the end of the year only comes the version v4 or even v3, will v3 also come out at the end of the year? the differences ?

read the pinned post in this topic above.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.