Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

You can also play around with the PTA tool to adjust the brightness of the cockpit and the outside world.

And then there was one.

PMDG all aircraft; Aerosoft CRJ, FSL A320, Majestic -8.......one to come.

1 minute ago, Johnathan Matrixson said:

Hi Mathijs, With less than 10 weeks left in 2017, are you in a position to provide which Month you're aiming for to release the bus?

Only two left... 50/50 :lol:

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, phlpeo said:

Just one turn but the problem arises with user made liveries who don’t include the dark configuration at night instead of the bright one.

Really???

I didn't know, that user-made liveries, needed to make the VC textures as well?!

Or did I miss something?

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Really???

I didn't know, that user-made liveries, needed to make the VC textures as well?!

Or did I miss something?

In fact they do. All of them include the mainpanel file, on which the registration is located since that is specific to the repaint.

If you apply the dark VC option you'll loose the registration of the airplane in the VC. That's a drawback that is unavoidable since FS (all present versions of it) still only supports a "lights on" and "lights off" texture and nothing in between.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

In fact they do. All of them include the mainpanel file, on which the registration is located since that is specific to the repaint.

If you apply the dark VC option you'll loose the registration of the airplane in the VC. That's a drawback that is unavoidable since FS (all present versions of it) still only supports a "lights on" and "lights off" texture and nothing in between.

Interesting... thanks for the explanation.

9 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Only two left... 50/50 :lol:

I'm leaning towards the last month, although if it's not out by the 15th I wouldn't expect to see it this year with the holidays and all.

I haven't been following this release too closely, but I'm hoping its at least in beta now.....if not I think it'll be hard to make an end-of-year release given there is a lot of new features in the Professional version that will need to be thoroughly tested.

I'm really looking forward to this release even though I have the other bus.  I'm really interested in the A321 as its the one I fly most on in real life. 
I'm not looking forward to what's going to be charged for that model from the other vendor given their current pricing structure, and of course the few years it will take to get it to market.

With the upgrade price for the AS v4.1 version, and getting all the Bus models (and sharklets to boot), its a very good value!
I had a lot of satisfying flights with the previous AS Buses, so expect to have the same or better experience with this release.

Good luck to the team to get this release out and in our hands soon!

Hey  guys, it's really not worth speculating on, and most any comment is bound to be wrong.  Mathijs is really the only person worth listening on about this subject.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

There's a thread discussing the merits of the FSLabs bus compared to the upcoming AS bus for v4 going on at another popular forum (and yes, I started it :ph34r: ). In an attempt to dispel some misinformation being propagated there, can someone here who's in the know tell us if the FO instruments ( FO MDCU etc.) operate independently from the right-hand seat in the upcoming release? For me, this is a big differentiator from the current AS buses and really helps close the gap between the other bus.

Thanks!

The price difference is the 800 lb gorilla in the room. And of course, as in the past, I fully expect the Aerosoft bus offering will be a tremendous value. The debate (as usual) is if there is some mitigating characteristic or factor other than price that makes the purchase decision obvious. Some of us want 'best in class' add-ons. But some of us (incuding myself) are still conscious of price.

Thanks for your prompt reply to my question!

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

There's a thread discussing the merits of the FSLabs bus compared to the upcoming AS bus for v4 going on at another popular forum (and yes, I started it :ph34r: ). In an attempt to dispel some misinformation being propagated there, can someone here who's in the know tell us if the FO instruments ( FO MDCU etc.) operate independently from the right-hand seat in the upcoming release? For me, this is a big differentiator from the current AS buses and really helps close the gap between the other bus.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes they will be used individually if you want to.

Come to think of it... If I am not mistaken you can enable a co-pilot with the Airbus to make the job a bit easier, right?

Question 1: will that virtual co-pilot be using that indepentent right hand stuff? Or is the option to use those things indivudually only meant for shared cockpits?

Question 2: you as a player (or simmer...) are the pilot in command (or whatever you call him) and you either also do the co-pilot's job OR you let the virtual co-pilot do that. Does that co-pilot help you in a totally realistic way or is it just helping out on a few things to make simming on your own easier? In other words: are the duties divided between the player and the co-pilot in a realistic way or is it a 'sim-only aid'?

Question 3: what about a mode where you play the co-pilot and let the computer be the pilot in command? Just thinking out loud here. I think it could be fun to sit in the right seat every now and then (without using a shared cockpit, that is) and only do the things a co-piot does. Would be nice to see things from a different perspective. But I suppose that won't be possible...

On 10/22/2017 at 5:55 PM, ROMAN78 said:

Will the Airbus series feature the type of steering technology like the CRJ or would we have to interface with FSUIPC (for keyboard steering like previous versions?

Thanks 

V/r

ROMAN78

The steering is similar to the CRJ and most payware aircraft though you can't use keys for steering on the Airbus (this is or will be stated in the documentation and product requirements on the product sales page. A joystick is required, and we recommend using the P3D or FSX control settings although one can also  use FSUIPC.

Best wishes.

Are there any details about the sounds you're working on? I remember it was stated that the new busses will have all new sounds (which to me is a very important aspect for a sim).

vor 1 hour , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes they will be used individually if you want to. 

But to be honest, I find comparisons between these two products strange as they are so different in price and license. We estimate the average customer of the new A320/A321 product will pay just under 33 euro/dollar (including sales tax) after all the update options are used. Now that is a far cry from what FSlabs asks with a far more limited user license. The FSLabs bus would cost me close to 170 euro plus another 115 euro because I want to compare is with our license that covers all sims and has no limitations on installs. Oh and you need Active Sky to get a working (yet limited) weather radar). 

The FSLabs bus is a fine product, no doubt about that. But it better be at that price. When I see comparisons I often miss this, in my opinion pretty important information. There are not many product reviews done where products that are between 1/3 and 1/4 of the price compared to the high price product are compared.  If people feel that the FSLabs airbus is worth three times as much as our Airbus and they have no issue with the limited license they should most certainly buy it.  As said, it is a fine product.

You can take these comparisons as a compliment because it shows that there are a lot of users who consider your Airbus might be the best product for them even though the other one obviously is the more in-depth simulation of the aircraft.

And at least for me that is not only about the pricing. What is even more important to me is the performance in the sim.

Even if my budget allows for the other product I can still consider your product to be the best for me if it gives higher FPS than the other one.

Then I will have to look what features does the other one have that the Aerosoft Airbus lacks (of course there are also features of the Aerosoft Airbus which the other one doesn't have like FO functionality and shared cockpit) and if these are worth for me to have to turn down the sliders for scenery and traffic to have a smooth experience. I wouldn't want to give away all the eye candy the sim offers with scenery, high quality airports, weather and AI traffic just to spare these FPS for aircraft features I never use.

I appreciate very much how frankly you communicate about your poduct here. Keep it coming.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Are there any details about the sounds you're working on? I remember it was stated that the new busses will have all new sounds (which to me is a very important aspect for a sim).

The news so far is they will be better. :P

2 hours ago, odourboy said:

In an attempt to dispel some misinformation 

How did you come to the conclusion that I, flyer024, dispelled some misinformation there? I can not read that from the follow up posts after I replied there. Sure, connecting me to that account is not easy (all the diehard avsimmers seem to know who I am there) but I see nobody questioning anything. 

14 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

How did you come to the conclusion that I, flyer024, dispelled some misinformation there? I can not read that from the follow up posts after i replied there?

Two statements of apparently equal authority were made stating opposing 'facts'... so someone was dispelling misinformation! Anyway Frank, I apologized on the other thread for implying you might be misinformed. Clearly it was the other poster.

3 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

You can take these comparisons as a compliment because it shows that there are a lot of users who consider your Airbus might be the best product for them even though the other one obviously is the more in-depth simulation of the aircraft.

Well, yes, 'more in-depth' doesn't equal 'best product'. ;) There is a lot that comes into play when choosing between similar addons (similar meaning the same kind of plane). Cost, performance, what is actually simulated, what is actually used, etc. I think I can safely say that not only a lot of users are considering the Aerosoft Airbus to be the better product for them but that most users do so. The market for the Aerosoft version simply is larger. Which is exactly why Aerosoft is making specific choices. And rightly so. It works both ways.

BTW I am still on the fence and will wait with my decision until the AS Airbus has been released.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Come to think of it... If I am not mistaken you can enable a co-pilot with the Airbus to make the job a bit easier, right?

Yes sir.

Question 1: will that virtual co-pilot be using that indepentent right hand stuff? Or is the option to use those things indivudually only meant for shared cockpits?

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean, but the built in virtual copilot has nothing to do with Connected Flight Deck (Aerosoft version of Shared Cockpit).

Question 2: you as a player (or simmer...) are the pilot in command (or whatever you call him) and you either also do the co-pilot's job OR you let the virtual co-pilot do that. Does that co-pilot help you in a totally realistic way or is it just helping out on a few things to make simming on your own easier? In other words: are the duties divided between the player and the co-pilot in a realistic way or is it a 'sim-only aid'?

"Totally realistic" is extremely subjective. This function is technically accurate and helps with normal procedures extremely well and I've never seen any feedback where the customer wasn't really happy with it.

Question 3: what about a mode where you play the co-pilot and let the computer be the pilot in command? Just thinking out loud here. I think it could be fun to sit in the right seat every now and then (without using a shared cockpit, that is) and only do the things a co-piot does. Would be nice to see things from a different perspective. But I suppose that won't be possible...

No, it is strictly for First Officer functions.

Will be there a way to skip checklist step? Few days ago, during an ivao online flight, the Atc limited my climb to 34k feet instead of 35k I planned to reach. So I wasn't able to start the discend checklist and the following others. Will be there a way to force a single checklist?

In such a case you are supposed to adjust your cruise altitude in the FMGS, and doing that should adjust should make the FMGS  Descent programming and the AI First Officer work with the new cruise level.

• Upvote 1