Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Looking very sharp! And do I undertand correctly that the 64bit version of the busses will come out first, with the 32bit version coming only much later?  Would be an incentive to finally make the jump to v4 once the busses are nearing release.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The A330 (32 and 64 bit versions) will be next, early next year, the 32 bit A318/A319/A320/A321 after that.

Im confused, would some one please explain this ??

early next year is it for the (the 32 bit A318/A319/A320/A321) or the A330?

7 minutes ago, Malcomx said:

Im confused, would some one please explain this ??

early next year is it for the (the 32 bit A318/A319/A320/A321) or the A330?

Let me put bullets into Mathijs statement:

• The A330 (32 and 64 bit versions) will be next, early next year
  • the 32 bit A318/A319/A320/A321 after that

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CRJ900 said:

Looking very sharp! And do I undertand correctly that the 64bit version of the busses will come out first, with the 32bit version coming only much later?  Would be an incentive to finally make the jump to v4 once the busses are nearing release.

Let's be honest, the future is in 64 bits. We know we can do some great stuff in the 32 bit versions, but if your are seriously into airliners there is currently only one sim and that is P3d V4. Though developments in X-Plane are moving damned fast.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Let me put bullets into Mathijs statement:

• The A330 (32 and 64 bit versions) will be next, early next year
  • the 32 bit A318/A319/A320/A321 after that

Thanx for explaining Tom

vor 27 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Let's be honest, the future is in 64 bits. We know we can do some great stuff in the 32 bit versions, but if your are seriously into airliners there is currently only one sim and that is P3d V4. Though developments in X-Plane are moving damned fast.

Fair enough. I think it's the move in the right direction as it holds so much more potential and is not as limited as a 32bit platform. Re-downloading, re-installing and sometimes re-buying all addons (for pretty much the same visual picture) kind of sucks though.

• Upvote 2

It's a shame that the A330 is early 2018, but I understand that many customers want the A318-A321 in P3Dv4, so supply & demand :P. Those WIP shots look as good as they usually do!! I hope the systems under the hood are coming along just as well. One question, will the A318-A321 line get the same level detailing around doors/cargo holds as the A330? 

(I can wait as long as needed for these great aircraft, as I'm not simming much at the moment after the birth of my first child, I'm lucky I'm at my PC now lol.)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So they probably are not free updates, right?

I'm curious how you work this out when there has been a few versions of the 'bus already.

Do you base the upgrade price on the latest publicly available version or do you factor in the changes that were made in each product? For example, A may have been changed in B but C contains changes that were made in A but never made in B...

Not that it matters to me, but now I have thought about it I can't stop trying to work it out :blink:

I was wondering if the Professional Series of the Airbus, all versions, will be able to download winds aloft data and integrate such information into the destination airport fuel quantity estimate calculations?   

4 hours ago, CRJ900 said:

Fair enough. I think it's the move in the right direction as it holds so much more potential and is not as limited as a 32bit platform. Re-downloading, re-installing and sometimes re-buying all addons (for pretty much the same visual picture) kind of sucks though.

If you are serious about simming airliners, it is, and always has been, about memory exhaustion.  The exponential growth of addressable space in 64-bit (2^64) is so vast that you'll run out of your ability to physically accommodate that potential.

In the last 5 years, running out of this addressable memory space (Virtual Address Space) has made airliner (and particularly long-haul) simming very unsatisfying.

To prove a point - and rejoice - I've flown long haul many times per week since June.

I too dread the money I am re-spending on these addons. But "they"got me on VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, and now subscriptions for streaming and each was so I could harness the current wave of technology for my benefit.

You would think that porting old 32-bit code would be straightforward, and it is potentially so. However, it seems like Aerosoft's move is to go ahead and renovate other parts of the house if they're going to have to tear up the floor anyhow.  I personally would have PAID to have the simple portover now, but since Aerosoft wants to progress the product, they would undercut their own sales if they went for the quick fix.  Further, there are alternatives in the market and it is likely Aerosoft is maturing this product line - see "Professional" in the title? - in order to remain competitive both head-to-head and in a relative sense in terms of the price/value/depth balance.

I miss having a 'bus as well, but I've having such an orgy of longhaul that shorthaul is not really on the menu now.  Shame, since I purchased the long-awaited CRJ-700/900 only to have it sit in the hangar.  32-bit was forcing me into shorter legs out of fear for resource exhaustion and now I can fly LOOOOOOOOOONG legs and have confidence in my ability to complete. 

It is for this reason that he MOST depressing news in this new post is further delay to the A330 product - for longhaul of course.

Greetings!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CRJ900 said:

Oh but so many developers are offering a free update or charging a small fee for it. You have to try the feeling of having a really complex airport scenery in max complexity, like KSFOHD, loaded in HD, with a very complex addon like PMDG747, full AI depiction and still reasonable FPS and not be the least risk of an OOM. I can't wait to start flying the 64bit aerosoft busses around in my country's flagship airliner.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but will the liveries for the current Airbus series work with the Airbus Professional?

Thanks

In  the previous thread Mathijs reported that the all current narrow body Airbus repaints will remain compatible with the new version.  

38 minutes ago, wiss said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but will the liveries for the current Airbus series work with the Airbus Professional?

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Ronny Grundmann said:

is it possible to see a NEO version in the future?

This is not planned for the near future. 

• Upvote 1