PC Upgrade for P3D V4

Hello,

I would like to upgrade my current system so that I can play P3D V4 in good quality.
I've heard the P3D V4 put more value on a good GPU, which would be questioned and would be best suited?
Which CPU must be available?

My System is :

Intel Core i5 4690K

AS Rock Z97 Extreme4

Memory 16 GB DDR3 PC3-12800

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4 GB

Greets Bernhard

P.s. Answers glady also in German :)

Hallo,

ich möchte mein jetziges System so aufrüsten, das ich P3D V4 in guter Qualität spielen kann.

Ich habe gehört, das P3D V4 mehr Wert auf eine gute GPU legen würde, welche käme dafür in Frage und wäre am besten geeignet ?

Welche CPU muss mindestens vorhanden sein ?

Mein System jetzt ist :

Intel Core i5 4690K

AS Rock Z97 Extreme4

Memory 16 GB DDR3 PC3-12800

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4 GB

Gruß

Bernhard

• Aerosoft

The CPU is more or less okay, changing it often means changing the memory, motherboard etc. In you case I would update the GPU first. I am personally rather fond of the 1070 series, not cheap but very serious horsepower that will run your sims fine for several years. And of course it will do well if you decide to update other bits.

Hello all,

There are so many different GTX 1070s with different clock rates.
Which is then with you in operation, the different frequencies and clock rates in P3d very much?

Greets and thx

Bernhard

Clock speed doesn't say anything these days anymore. Sometimes a CPU with a lower clock speed can still be faster than one with a higher clock speed. How is that possible? Someone once explained it to me as follows:

Imagine two men digging holes in the ground. One man digs two shoves per minute, the other one three. Who's digging harder? The one with two shoves a minute, because his shoves are twice as big.

well the problem is i have and old I3-4170. its enough for P3d but im struggling to play recent games with it. especially DCS. and both CPU are the only one i can afford

Hi

I have now bought the 1070 but unfortunately no changes in the FPS.
cfg new and shader deleted

Which processor would be best for P3D V4 and suffice 16 GB RAM?

Greets Bernhard

I7-6700k or I7 7700k should do the job, but also your installed add-ons can bring down framerates.

when you can maintain  25-30 FPS during your whole flight you can fly very comfortable.

• Aerosoft

I love my Ryzen, P3d v4 loves the 8 cores and you simply get a lot of FPS for your money. Between 10 and 20% more then with an Intel CPU.
Check this: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/127207-stealthy-falcon-build-log/

Hello, thanks for the answer.
I'm still amazed, had read several times that the new Ryzer processors are not so good for flight simulators. They would be much worse in the SingleThread than the Intel CPU. Since Prapar3D supposedly (know me not out there) rather the singleThread use, the Ryzer CPU would not perform so well.
Of the price and the watt would I synonymous to the Ryzer CPU tenden but if this in P3D V4 not all Cors uses ......
It is hard to make the right decision .....

• Aerosoft

I got no idea where you read that, but it is simply not true for P3D.  My single cores run at 4,2 Ghz, which is pretty good for single core apps like FSX, you pay a lot to get a 4,2 Ghz cpu from Intel. For more modern apps like P3D V4.1 that scale rather nicely to other cores having 8 of them really helps.

Keep in mind there is a lot of nonsense on the internet. 

• 9 months later...
On 15.7.2018 at 08:08, Flaps sagte:

Which one is better for p3d the 8/16 ryzen 2700x cores or the i7 8700k speed with overclock? 

I would go for the 8700k with a decent all-in-one water cooling solution (Corsair H100i v2, Kraken X62,...). The new ryzen cpu´s are quite good on overall performance and multitasking but the single core performance is limited due to the lack of higher core speeds.

I did my build 4 weeks ago (had an i7-6700k before) and the performance gain with the 8700k (overclocked to 5.1 Ghz) is quite nice (+10-15 fps in P3Dv4 -> higher settings).

Archived