question and advice please

Hey guys

awesome event, I'm already planning it. Couple of quick question(s):

- how are the flown legs validated?

- is the diary obligatory and if yes, what should it exactly contain?

And bit of advice if possible. I somehow feel i should fly this event in a vintage aircraft. Can you please advise of good payware or freeware aircraft for FSX / FSX:SE with the following characteristics:

- closed cockpit / cabin (intending to fly real weather, and don't want to get pneumonia or something :)

- some basic autopilot functions (since vintage means SLOW, I would be rather happy not to sit 4-5 hours on chair in front of the computer)

thanks in advance

Ignat

I'm flying a Carenado A36, which is single engine, so relatively slow, but not like a fossil.

It has auto pilot and reasonable range, so I switch to some auto, even while flying VFR. Little things crop up all the time at home, so it's slow but versatile and I can quickly manage the odd household crisis!

Regards

The legs are validated by posting some screenshots of each leg of your journey. The diary is obligatory, yes, as this is what you will use to validate each leg, and to show your flight plan intentions. You should read through some of the other diaries to get an idea of what they should contain.

1 hour ago, nealmac said:

The legs are validated by posting some screenshots of each leg of your journey. The diary is obligatory, yes, as this is what you will use to validate each leg, and to show your flight plan intentions. You should read through some of the other diaries to get an idea of what they should contain.

Are you sure about the photos Neil.  Nowhere in the rules does it require this, only the diary.  Personally I hate photos just being posted for the sake of posting.  To put on the web they should be special.  My flights are all flown connected to a Virtual aiirline and logs are available if this is the kind of group that does not trust its pilots.

5 minutes ago, harrry said:

Are you sure about the photos Neil.  Nowhere in the rules does it require this, only the diary.  Personally I hate photos just being posted for the sake of posting.  To put on the web they should be special.  My flights are all flown connected to a Virtual aiirline and logs are available if this is the kind of group that does not trust its pilots.

Harry,

I'm not sure at all. I was just assuming. However I think people like to see photos, regardless of whether they are required or not. Many people are flying offline so I would imagine they are pretty much the only way to prove that you did the flight. I did suggest that the OP have a look at some other diaries, to get an idea of what is required, and most other diaries have pictures.

Seriously, did you need to downvote me because of that? A bit immature really.

You have nothing to prove to others, Harry. Planning, flying, debriefing is part of challenges like this. How you showcase that to the world is your own choice. Via the progress sheet and diary you are granted tools to do so. Have fun!

Archived