New to the CRJ - some questions

So I've just bought it earlier today and I am currently doing my first flight. Now during that some questions came up.

1.) The performance is quite low. With the Aerosoft Airbusses and NGX I get around 28-30FPS in average, and from hearing in the preview that the performance would be better than them I expected more than 13-18fps currently.

2.) I was getting the yellow MACH and STAB TRIM messages in the EICAS, what do they mean? I pressed them away with the CAS button below the FLT Deck Door panel. Was that the right way to do it?

If more questions come up I will ask them here.

But besides the performance it really seems like a great add on!

What also happened during my approach: The Terrain GPWS warning came always on. I couldn't shut it off and there was no terrain nearby. (Dusseldorf Approach 23R)

And now standing back at the stand I can't set the wheel blocks/ ground power via Dave.

I also selected to not install RAAS Pro for the CRJ and for some reason it still is installed. Do I need to disable it somewhere?

1.) The performance is quite low. With the Aerosoft Airbusses and NGX I get around 28-30FPS in average, and from hearing in the preview that the performance would be better than them I expected more than 13-18fps currently.

Some people reported that, Hans is currently working on it.

2.) I was getting the yellow MACH and STAB TRIM messages in the EICAS, what do they mean? I pressed them away with the CAS button below the FLT Deck Door panel. Was that the right way to do it?

Stab trim and mach trim have to be be engaged (pedestral panel, cf the doc/tutorial flight).

What also happened during my approach: The Terrain GPWS warning came always on. I couldn't shut it off and there was no terrain nearby. (Dusseldorf Approach 23R)

Know issue.

Ok thanks for the answers, I found the mach and stab trim issues out on my later flight, that was my fault. Interesting to know with the GPWS warning, I thought I was doing something wrong.

Cheers

Hello everyone, I just bought and installed Aerosoft CRJ version 1.0.1.1 for my FSX SP2 (Windows 8.1), then I followed the instructions provided in tutorials vol1 and vol3 (FSX started as administrator, loaded default FSX aircraft in running mode), and after loading the tutorial flight, the "Dave" wont work (also with Battery Master switched to ON). Also, I don't have CRJ in the FSX top menu, since I wanted to try and load the "Ready for taxi" state, in order to start the "Dave" and the tutorial flight. I re-installed the CRJ but I have the same problems. Please help!

Thank you for the reply...I don't think I installed it with Administrative rights the first time, I think... I now tried to re-install it with Administrative rights but it is all the same, Dave is not working, I don't have CRJ in the FSX top menu etc... I am sorry if I hijacked the topic but I am not really good at this and I am a little bit desperate since I waited for so long and I wanted to have this CRJ to fly and now this happens...sorry. Do you have any suggestions, pls?

Please login to display this image.

Dave won't turn on when I press the on/off button on it. Also, there should be CRJ700/900 on the FSX top menu as shown in Vol1 Manual (that way I could select "Ready for Taxi" state) :

• Developer

It's not Dave that doesn't work. The whole aircraft isn't loading complete (a hint is the full left deflection of the yoke).

Please check if the folder "My Documents\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ" exists on your PC.

The entries in the menu bar have been removed because we got reports of crashes in MENUS.dll. However we forgot to update the manual. (It turned out that these crashes were not related to the CRJ at all btw.)

That is correct, sir,  there is a full left deflection of the yoke. And yes, there is this folder "My Documents\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ"  (it contains Flight plans, Panel states, CRJ, FMS and manager_CRJ700)

The folder "Panel States" is empty.

• Developer

I'm trying to find out what the cause is. I think something failed during the installation. The Documents\Aerosoft\DA CRJ folder is there, so it has be to something else.

What is your Flight Simulator path?

I'm not sure what the path is but if you are asking where is FSX installed, it is on "F:/Program Files/ MIcrosoft Flight Simulator X" which is my HDD, whereas OS is on C:/ which is SSD and also the "My Documents\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ" is on C:/

At the risk of it being suggested that I am also hijacking this topic, I have the same problem as Wolland does.

I purchased the CRJ from Flight Sim Store Australia on 6 September.

When I experienced the problem immediately on installation, I gathered together the suggestions made in multiple Threads on this Forum discussing the problem and tried them all without success. I even tried three downloads from FSS and five uninstalls and re-installs of the downloaded product.

The strange thing is that the engines start and the plane can fly (with me using the SimTouch Plus 2 gauge screen on a second monitor).

I remembered that about four years ago when I bought the Quality Wings Ultimate 146, I had a similar problem which was readily fixed following advice on that forum. I can't remember the advice but I think that it had something to do with the gauges loading. Therefore, I went looking for gauge components in the  CRJ installed material. and found none.

I then gave up, treating the CRJ as a bad purchase I had made. That was about three weeks ago.

I had forgotten about it until today when I read Wolland's post. Hans' suggestion prompted me to look in the My Documents folder mentioned by him. Like Wolland, I found my Panel States folder was also shown as "empty".

I am hoping that if Hans can solve Wolland's problem, it will solve mine as well.

Gary

• Developer

The panel states folder can be empty. That's not a problem. We had a few cases where the installer didn't create the folder "Digital Aviation CRJ" which actually would be a problem.

@wolland @Gartro please check your private messages. I sent you something to test.

Archived