Unable to do a CFD

Hi,

Just bought the airbus a320/a321 and I'm trying to do a shared cockpit with my friend, and we do everything right (read previous forums, video tutorials, etc) i'd like to make it clear we are not doing port forwarding because I have to reconfigure my router and it will not be worth it, we are using hamachi and as far as I'm concerned we can ping each other without problems. now when it comes to loading in, we go into free flight and he connects master then after I do slave and connect but nothing happens.

If anyone can help that would be amazing.

Sorry, I'm not able to provide support for Hamachi for the reasons outlined in the OVPA Guides which you will find pinned at the top of this forum - though someone else may. I just wanted to ensure you received a reply back and didn't think your post hadn't been seen.

The OVPA troubleshooting Guide may help you run down the problem you're having, but I can tell you that we've seen Hamachi inject (create) problems in a Connected Flight Deck session.

Best wishes.

• Deputy Sheriffs
20 minutes ago, Communist Otter said:

So because I cant port forward I have no hope in the connected flight deck.

Because although you VPN software provides a transparent tunnel between your and your friends computer there is some software either on your or your friends or on both sides that simply blocks the needed ports. 

What software that is, no one here will be able to tell you for sure as we don't know what you and your friend have installed. Most likely it's n anti virus software or the Windows firewall. Or any other networking software on either side.

Ping by the way doesn't tell anything about open tcp or udp ports, as it doesn't even use tcp or udp, but icmp.

Would either one of you being using the A320 software purchased from Steam?  If yes, then we need to shift to a different conversation to resolve your issue.

If you both purchased the A320 software from anywhere other than Steam, please continue reading.

Hamachi tunnels "under" (different Layer) your firewall, so that isn't the issue.  This of course is why some people chose to use Hamachi, as they mistaking believe that Port Forwarding is somehow complicated and they don't want to try it.  This simply isn't the case. In fact, if you take a look at the deeper Hamachi settings you would find that Hamachi is far more complex that Port Forwarding, both technically and operationally.  All that, plus it brings with it a major security issue - and before anyone connects their computer to someone else (generally one of the most riskiest things any of us can do with our computers) they should at least be aware of the risks. I've explained all of this in the OVPA Connected Flight Deck Guide pinned to the top of this forum. That Guide, and the other Guides, have been formally adopted by a great many of the Shared Cockpit groups and Virtual Airlines and they are telling their members it is a "must read" before their members perform a Shared Cockpit/Connected Flight Deck flight.  Now I'm happy with the work I did in writing those guides, but it's far more important to me that people use them to have a safe, quality, and enjoyable Shared Cockpit/CFD flight.

Please do not take what I said to mean that you can't use Hamachi.  It goes against my advice (in fact I stringently urge people to never use it), but you are welcome to continue to do so.  But I don't have Hamachi installed, and as Tom pointed out there are a great many reasons why it might not be working, and all of those reasons have nothing whatsoever to do with our software.

Was there a particular reason that you don't wish to use Port Forwarding?

Archived