Breitling 2

robertorizzo

Wow! This could change my mind, anyway I already took the resolution it deserves at worst a low pass! And,...yess, W E   C A N  D O  I T !!!

"Chicago Merril Meigs, where all of this had begun for many of us, at dawn of FS, will be one of the U.S. stopover!!!!"

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Itchy red spots all over your epidermis, sir"

"It's my allergy to default scenery, I get worse minute by minute"

"Out of here. Now. Let the second part of the Tour begin, two days in advance, maybe we will need them in the future"

Leg#6, Port Said-Sharm el Sheik

An uninterrupted line of ships along the Suez Channel below us, (great work of Mr Nielsen), our route followed, to reach the northen bank of the Red Sea.

Please login to display this image.

And, from this moment forward, appears the magnificent beauty of the Desert.

"You seem captured, sir"

"This wide desolated land, its yellows fading into the blue of the sky in the distance".

"Sometimes the show offered by Nature is far better than the humans' one, sir".

"A group of simmers, all of them with the same purpose, as old as time, to circumnavigate the globe, all passionate as kids"

"It's strenght is not a superficial one: it's the charm of a one way trip, sir. No return ticket".

"And, when it's over, after lands and rivers and oceans and strong winds, snow, heavy rain, wet, cold, hot air, monsoons maybe, when you passed all of these...you find yourself where you started from."

"...At home, sir".

"This desert, reminds me the last words of The sheltering Sky, may I?"

Here we are Sharm el Sheik

36° C, time for a swim.

And, thanks.

6 hours ago, Cool said:

Hello Roberto, I fly also this wonderfull aircraft :wub: in this adventure :D

Regarding your question for "the minimum runway lenght for takeoff at a given weight.." I personnaly use the page 108/120 of the C069 POH which is the military version of the L049....

Pilot's Flight Operating Instructions for Army C-69 Airplane (PDF, 13.3Mb)
http://justplaneprints.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/C69_POH.pdf

happy landings :)

7 hours ago, robertorizzo said:

And, from this moment forward, appears the magnificent beauty of the Desert.

Roberto I have upvoted your post, I love the pictures. What scenery do you use and how do you blur out the background? Best of luck.

@ Kalizzi Thanks for your kind words and votes. Anyway you selected the two less edited pictures of the circus. In example in the second one only the engines have been sharpened, it's as it comes out pf the sim. And the first one has messed textures. About the environment i tried Envtex but with no luck in p3dv4, so now I'm using a freeware URP v1.1 for shaders to enhance shadows. So, in the end, maybe it's my  interest in photography that helps: framing, compositing, and the hope to transmit my feelings. See you along the road to London.

Leg#7 Sharm el Sheik-Riyad

"Mr There, what's that red sea shark tooth for?

"I fancy it could remind us to bite someone asscheeks, sir"

"Place it under the Geneve cuckoo clock, and here is a Neaples red horn I bought when there, in case of need"

"We are full covered indeed against misfortune, sir".

"Start four".

Our route toward east just crossed the middle of Arabic Peninsula, 412nm, 2 hours and 10 minutes long.

When on ground Mr. There went for a last at the front tyres, they need a change.

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:18 AM, robertorizzo said:

@ Kalizzi Thanks for your kind words and votes. Anyway you selected the two less edited pictures of the circus. In example in the second one only the engines have been sharpened, it's as it comes out pf the sim. And the first one has messed textures. About the environment i tried Envtex but with no luck in p3dv4, so now I'm using a freeware URP v1.1 for shaders to enhance shadows. So, in the end, maybe it's my  interest in photography that helps: framing, compositing, and the hope to transmit my feelings. See you along the road to London.

Well you've done a splendid job. Way to go. Yes see you along the way but my Cat is much slower than your Connie. Godspeed.

Leg#8 Riyad-Dubai

Early departure in the morning. We're in a rush of get out of here and reach Dubai, turning east, towards the rising sun.

"Something gold glistens down there, sir"

"Dubai, for sure."

"Mr. There, needle and thread! We need to sew our shadow once more".

"Correct!...(Peter)

Leg#9 Dubai-Karachi

"Sand, sand, sand everywhere, I'm tired of sand"

"Very annoying indeed, sir. May I suggest to let Leg#9 start?

"I agree. Besides our skin began to turn red after three days in the desert sun..."

Out of the desert.

We are leaving Arabian Peninsula.

"The desert had turned to sea
There were plants and birds and rocks and things
There was sand and hills and rings
The ocean is a desert with it's life underground (a horse with no name)

At last a new continent.

Jinnah International Karachi

Indian subcontinent took us with a thick fog and the whole Around the World in 80 days group as well, it seems.

Visibility was poor at takeoff, about 2 nm, in Karachi when Leg#10 Karachi-Bombay started, early in the morning.

The flight was uneventful during cruise, so we took some pics of the inside of the cockpit, and again visibility was poor for landing. Reading the other members' diaries it seems a common occurrence.

The hot wet spicy scent in the air reached our nostrils as the airplane main door was opened, even if in the middle of a tarmac.

At last we rested our feet on Indian soil.

"I feel as History were welcoming us in Bombay, whispering, even breathing at us"

"Nothing strange, sir; may I suggest to leave all our chakras open and let her in?"

9 hours ago, MM said:

Absolutely stunning photography. You have a great touch! Thanks.
Looking forward to much more in the days ahead.

Many thanks I try to do my best in having fun. :)

You left the DC6 for 049, I see. Both stunning planes, it's now three weeks with propliner and I still do not feel the missing of tube/jetliners. If it lasts till the end of our journey I could look for an historic virtual airline. 

Bombay...xxxx, I'm still only in Bombay.

Every time I think I'm gonna wake up back in the jungle. I want Indian jungle, elephants, bear Balou, monkeys, Shere Khan, the tiger. I close my eyes, i've never been in India, but it flows in me. (Cpt willard, thanks for the citation)

25 minutes ago, robertorizzo said:

Bombay...xxxx, I'm still only in Bombay.

Every time I think I'm gonna wake up back in the jungle. I want Indian jungle, elephants, bear Balou, monkeys, Shere Khan, the tiger. I close my eyes, i've never been in India, but it flows in me. (Cpt willard, thanks for the citation)

Be careful...eat in Bombay and you may have India flowing in you and out of you.

I agree though get out of Bombay and do some sightseeing.  I spent 2 years there 40 yeaars ago and I am using this as an oportunity to move round to some of the places, I knew fly there and look at the google and youtube for there.  There are some wonderful places there.

Our stay in Bombay has almost come to an end, the path to London Reform Club is still long, surely difficult, the weather, good until now, a part the fog, will sooner or later change to bad, and many of us will have their challenges. Time to pack our things and prepare for takeoff.

Leg#11 Bombay-Calcutta

Early morning departure from the foggy Bombay, facing East India to Calcutta.

An easy FL150 flight just to descend in a foggy (default) Calcutta.

"This mist appears to come after us, it makes difficult every approach"

"It should be obviously in real life, sir, but let me remember you we are in a virtual world and it is the uncertainty that charms us; mist makes things wonderful" (O. Wilde)

"And the new videocard maybe too".

Archived