Heathrow p3d v4

mike baker

Hello i have been using the p3d v3 scenery for heathrow it has worked great apart from a few ground textures missing 

i have been  getting 30 - 40 frame rate with a1 traffic 30 with lot of weather

installed the new p3d v4 version yesterday cant even use it brought the frames down  to 10 and is like a slide show

ii have choosen not to use the dynamic lighting to help but not helped

so i installed the old version again and it is back to 30-40 on the frames and smooth

should not the new v4 be better than the old? 

Ta Mike

• Developer

So you have used the old one in P3D V3 with good frames

Now you have the Pro Version installed to your new installed P3D V4

Correct?

Can you uncheck the Heathrow Folder in the Scenery Library and compare the fames with the default one, if there you have significant better frames?

London is a frame critical area and I have more or less the same frames with default and EGLL Pro.

So, maybe your P3D V4 Sim settings needs to be first optimized.

Hi

I'm using the P3D V3 in P3D V4 sucessfully with apart from a few texture problems good frame rates 30 40 with full a1 traffic

your ne P3DV4 version brings 10 to 15 on frames and if you turn scenery off it has 30 40 frames 

I have most of the scenerys from all the different developers in v4 all producing 30 to 40 frames mostly 

Their is something wrong with my V4 scenery it does behave like a slide show

I downloaded it with simarket

Thankyou

• Developer

Ok,

I have made a test to see, if your statements regarding the Hearthow P3D V3 Version compare to the Heathrow Pro V4 Version can be reproduced:

1) I first save a scenerio, where I place me at a position west of the Airport looking eastwards, so that the complete Airport is in View and the London City in the background. That is the situation, where I have the lowest frames.

Then I restart the FS with this scenario and have 40 frames in middle.

2) Then I uncheck the Pro Version and add the two folders of the P3D V3 xtended Heathrow Version in the Scenery Library. Then I stop the Sim and restart it. Now I have 35 frames in middle. And this, without the runway textures, because they will not shown and with no Objects casting or receiving Shadows, because all objects are flag "noshadows" in the old V3 Version.When I then go to the settings Menu -> Lighting and check the "NoShadow Flag Content", so that the objects cast and receive shadows, the frames are reduced to 30 in middle.

That mean, the Pro Version is around 25% faster then the old V3 Version used in V4.

I could not say, why it is different on your hardware. Maybe you have a graphiccard with low memory, so that see could not handle large mesh objects.

Or maybe check that your Garphiccarddrivers are uptodate.

Ok

I have parked up at the gate 539 facing london (all ways lower frame rate due to city)

No weather daytime 50% a1

P3dv3 version in p3dv4 forward view 50.2 left view 60 right view 72 back view 71

Simular when no London scenery

Now with p3dv4 with new p3dv4 Heathrow

Same gate no weather 50% a1

Forward view 15 left view 18.2 right view 21.5 behind 22.3

I have reloaded the scenery just in case bad copy still no good 

My pc can handle most of the heavy add-on e.g. ga Frankfurt or flightbeam San francisco or fsdream all airports no broblem

I have most of your upgraded airports in the professional version all ok

Heathrow pro for p3dv4 unusable 

• OPabst unlocked this topic
  • Developer

Can you give us an overview, which hardware you use, specialy which Graphiccard and how many Memory the Graphiccard and you PC has?

ok thanks

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz    16 °C
    Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z170 PRO GAMING (LGA1151)    18 °C
Graphics
    Optoma 1080P (1920x1080@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (MSI)    22 °C
Storage
    119GB SAMSUNG MZHPV128HDGM-00000 (SSD)    24 °C
    931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1ER162 (SATA)    17 °C
    1397GB Western Digital WDC WD15EADS-00P8B0 (SATA)    19 °C
Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD0
Audio
    Realtek HighCPU
        Intel Core i7 6700K
            Cores    4
            Threads    8
            Name    Intel Core i7 6700K
            Code Name    Skylake
            Package    Socket 1151 LGA
            Technology    14nm
            Specification    Intel Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
            Family    6
            Extended Family    6
            Model    E
            Extended Model    5E
            Stepping    3
            Revision    R0
            Instructions    MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, Intel 64, NX, VMX, AES, AVX, AVX2, FMA3
            Virtualization    Supported, Disabled
            Hyperthreading    Supported, Enabled
            Fan Speed    813 RPM
            Bus Speed    100.0 MHz
            Stock Core Speed    4000 MHz
            Stock Bus Speed    100 MHz
            Average Temperature    16 °C
                Caches
                    L1 Data Cache Size    4 x 32 KBytes
                    L1 Instructions Cache Size    4 x 32 KBytes
                    L2 Unified Cache Size    4 x 256 KBytes
                    L3 Unified Cache Size    8192 KBytes Definition Audio

Graphics
        Monitor
            Name    Optoma 1080P on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
            Current Resolution    1920x1080 pixels
            Work Resolution    1920x1040 pixels
            State    Enabled, Primary
            Monitor Width    1920
            Monitor Height    1080
            Monitor BPP    32 bits per pixel
            Monitor Frequency    60 Hz
            Device    \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0
        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
            Manufacturer    NVIDIA
            Model    GeForce GTX 960
            Device ID    10DE-1401
            Revision    A2
            Subvendor    MSI (1462)
            Current Performance Level    Level 0
            Current GPU Clock    135 MHz
            Current Memory Clock    405 MHz
            Current Shader Clock    405 MHz
            Voltage    0.868 V
            Technology    28 nm
            Bus Interface    PCI Express x16
            Temperature    22 °C
            Driver version    22.21.13.8569
            BIOS Version    84.06.14.00.db
            Physical Memory    2047 MB
            Virtual Memory    2048 MB
                Count of performance levels : 1
    cCCcFFfF                    Level 1 - "Perf Level 0"
                            GPU Clock    949 MHz
                            Shader Clock    3004 MHz

my guess is GPU 2GB RAM is petty small for P3D4 as it heavily "outsources" tasks and textures to the GPU (I also still have a 2GB GPU and it's constantly at 99%RAM on bigger airports while the CPU has some "space left")

should heathrow pro have better performance than heathrow p3d v3 version in p3dv4 according to Oliver Pabst the answer is yes

i have most of the major add on scenerys some demanding a good spec pc all with good perform again somthing is wrong

• 2 weeks later...

still cant even use my heathrow v4 prof due to terrible perform 

again i have most  big airports from all developerers running fantastic

my old heathrow v3 version works fantastic

still no ideas

• Developer

Hi,
just a note about thinks that could incidentally happen and significantly slow down the performance:
- check that you only use ONE SCENERY at the same time. Sometimes it happens that a scenery is activated twice OR
the old scenery (the V3 on in this case) is not removed from the scenery library and still active cutting the frames into half.
- Make sure that you do not use two afcad files at the same time for EGLL. It could happen that it calls AI traffic aircrafts twice.
- Set your texture size in P3DV4 to a lower value to check if it is a graphic card memory problem. The textures of our P3DV4 Version are higher resoluted (and therefore consume more memory) than those of the P3DV3 Version (if you like you can copy the V3 textures over the V4 textures to get a lower resolution version for testing)
-switch off AI traffic and compare performance of both Versions (V3 and V4), maybe a AI aircraft is called in V4 which will not appear with the V3 afcad causing memory or performance issues.

Hope you can find a culprit. Please report.

i have just turned off cast ans receive shadows in simobjects and their has been a great increase in frame rate

but i dont understand why i can have that on when using v3 version i still get good perform

thanks guys

• Developer
1 hour ago, mike baker said:

i have just turned off cast ans receive shadows in simobjects and their has been a great increase in frame rate

but i dont understand why i can have that on when using v3 version i still get good perform

thanks guys

Because in the V3 Version all objects are flagged as "noshadows", so you will not have shadows, even when they are set active in the settings.

I also experienced low 15 fps (FSLabs A320).. I deactivated all the options from the EGLL config. Then I unchecked FTX England and EGLL scenery. By default and with Piper Cub, fps were around 70fps or more. After restarting the P3D I checked the EGLL scenery only. I have 25 fps on the runway (sometimes above), with FSLabs A320, all lights on (at night), except the flood lights. DL is ON in the P3D settings.

(i9-7900x, GTX 1080TI FTW3, 32GB DDR4, SSD)

I have many issues with the addon airports and FTX regions..

• Developer
50 minutes ago, vali said:

I also experienced low 15 fps (FSLabs A320).. I deactivated all the options from the EGLL config. Then I unchecked FTX England and EGLL scenery. By default and with Piper Cub, fps were around 70fps or more. After restarting the P3D I checked the EGLL scenery only. I have 25 fps on the runway (sometimes above), with FSLabs A320, all lights on (at night), except the flood lights. DL is ON in the P3D settings.

(i9-7900x, GTX 1080TI FTW3, 32GB DDR4, SSD)

I have many issues with the addon airports and FTX regions..

Did you talk about 4.0.x or 4.1.x?

Archived