Runway really bright lights. Is it normal?

harvey riches

Oliver,

he says that the ground is much to bright during night. apron and taxiways shine very bright, although there is no light source. If you look at the new EGLL Pro there it is much better, only those ground parts are bright where a light source is. Your texture fixes don't change the ground.

Bernhard

• Developer
vor 2 Stunden , BernhardS sagte:

Oliver,

he says that the ground is much to bright during night. apron and taxiways shine very bright, although there is no light source. If you look at the new EGLL Pro there it is much better, only those ground parts are bright where a light source is. Your texture fixes don't change the ground.

Bernhard

Maybe, but even that depents on settings:

EDDS with HDR = OFF

Please login to display this image.

EDDS with HDR = ON and a  Brightness Setting to 0.5, which is a realistic value, otherwise the Autogen is to bright too.

With my settings this is London Heathrow:

and with the same settings Stuttgart:

That's a significant difference. So it depends mostly in the creating or the sort of the ground.bgl. Those much too bright apron, taxiway and runway are also the same in Frankfurt.

Bernhard

Sorry for not replying but I have been busy lately.

Here are som pictures (sorry for not putting it in the original post)

Opabst I have downloaded the file for the lighting fix but that did not do anything.

Thanks for all the helpful comments so far,

harvey

• 1 month later...

Archived