A318 engines air starter ?

Erick F-B-W

Hello,

Is there a way to start the 3-18 engines by using ground air starter procedure ? (or with the APU is the only one available ?). Did not find anything in the flying manual or in the MCDU2.

Thx ;).

Best regards.

After a long time not flying the current A318 version 1.31 I had to go back into the sim and actually test it.

To me it seems that neither ground air start nor cross bleed start are currently simulated. (Haven't checked, though,  whether the upcoming 4th Aerosoft Airbus generation - the Airbus 2018 series - will have them.)

Thx for your reply. Even by following the FCOM's procedure, X-bleed remains inoperative, but i thought i was missing something in a specific option panel in the MCDU2-sim.

So nothing, it's really a pity :(. A320X FSLabs do this entire (- perfectly simulated -) procedure.

B-R. 

21 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

And I bet the price of their product is a bit different. How is their A318 btw? ;) 

Frank, I just answered to Cpt Snowflake, for the X-BLD simulation generally, which exists. Don't get me wrong, it was not some kind of benchmark beetween FsLabs vs Aerosoft. However, A318 just does not exist in FsLabs.

IMHO it's just a pity to have simulated the ENG1/2 starting with X-BLD from the ENG2/1 (which remains possible out of the APU) but nothing from a ground air starter. 

Upon what you bet, you're right (it's just tripled $$$ amount for the 320X...:D) but it's where you "put the slider" that defines a product, not the money, which is never a ceiling if the customers are here, isn't it ?....

Especially when you are the ones to sell the 3-18, this could be an opportunity to develop/sell a more accurate product, as well as FsLabs do for their 3-20, but this is another question... AFAIC i would be very interested about it.

Anyway, flying your 'Bus is a pleasure...

;) B-R

Erick

Archived