PeSt + Captn Mops - 80 Drinks around the World

PeSt

On 10/8/2017 at 5:10 PM, PeSt said:

@VSM

I know, that i am out of the roules.

I was accepting the adventure, and then i see that my real life events make it impossible to take my flights at the roules, that´s why i m changing the P-40 to the XB-70A.

I had to finish my around the world tour next weekend.

So i am disqualified, this diary is only for  entertainment.

Best regards

Pete

P. S. The Valkyrie is at Tokio, Japan :)

Ooh I see. All good man, I'm enjoying this adventure nonetheless :D

Keep it up!

Best wishes,

VSM 

Actually I think it was earlier than early 70's. It was the biggest thing I had ever seen as I was about 6 yrs old and 3 ft tall. I will never forget that. It dwarfed the B-52's as they were lined up on that side of the Base. Last I saw it was a few years ago. It was STUFFED inside a hanger at Wright Patterson AFB with JFK's Airforce One, a 707 waiting for a new hanger to be built at the Museum. It was so big, it was outside for the few decades of the Museum's existence. I believe its in the new hanger now. 

Please login to display this image.

If i ever come to the museum, i will give my wife my credit card and sent her to the next shopping mall and i will spend a lot of time to visit all the hangars with all the fantastic birds inside.

The Flight from Hawaii to New York Captn Mops told me how he missed Michiko now, how he will miss Michiko at New York, and so on.

I can´t here it anymore and so we make a deal: we go as fast as possible to London. If we got the prize money he can go then back to Hawaii.

The bird is refuelled, so lets go

bad wheather at New York

Distance:     2448 nm

Flight time: 02:43 h

The last leg. Before we start,we make a call to Scott, buzz and Glen. They like that we are on the last leg, but the leg cross the us they don´t like. Glenn dont like the time we need to mach 3.0, Buzz don´t like the decent, scott don´t like the landing. I remember my time at flight school with one trainer in the Piper Cub. But every time we call the boys we talk with three trainers, which see every  small thing. The cheap phone running out of energy, i hear from Scott: "and the rules, you know, you have to" and then was silence, the battery of the phone was dead. Captn Mops means rules, pah, who need them.. and we begann to prepar the Valkyrie for the last leg.

Distance:    3044 nm

Flight time: 03:41 h

Overall distance:      21044 nm

Overall flight time:     23:23 h

After landing, Captn Mops and i put on our 2FAST4U-t-Shirts and run into the race-office at Heathrow, shows the very strange looking race manager our logbooks. He was reading for a short moment into the log, than he tell us with a big smile, that this was not a race, this was a rally.  Does we not have read the rules?  We had to stay at fixed locations to fixed times. And his smiling face looks like a shark as he sad: And you are OUT! I cant remember the next minutes.

Hours later, we was leaving the police station, after drug- and alkoholtests and knowing about the criminal charge about destroying the office of the race manager, without a job and no money in our pockets. We meet Scott and  the boys  at an airport pub. After a small party the boys leave, to bring back the B-70 to her last parking space at the airforce museum .

After takeoff and a  fast overflight the Valkyrie goes straight up and away. Captn Mops and i looked sad at the sky, 9 flights, a tour around the world, the Valkyrie was our home, our Millenium falcon.

Suddenly we hear a voice saying: "Excuse me, Gentlemen"

The voice belongs to one of two buissnessman. "You are the fastest pilots in this rally at the pre-70-class. Maybe you want it at the post-70-class, too? We ve got the money, we ve got the plane, we only need the pilots..you!"

We smiled and agreed, and Captn Mops puts out the meanwhile recharged phone to call Michiko, tell her she will see him soon.

But thats a different story...

• 2 months later...

Dear Friends,

nice to see you all at the end of the adventure in the club.

I ve got big respect, that you have done the flight over this long time.

To read all of your diaries was a big pleasure.

Waiting here since oct. 15, Captn Mops and i try to drink the bar empty. We have made a lot of plans for next year to do the tour again wiht you.

Merry chrismas!

Captn Mops & PeSt

vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Did you make it with 80 drinks?

No, Unfortunately not.

So i must do the tour again and slower to get my drinks.

The 80 drinks are the real challenge, to make it harder  80 different drinks?

Archived