PFPX + TOPCAT Too many issues

Purchased both of these programs just 3 days ago.

To say i am disappointed is an understatement. None of these programs work properly.

1) PFPX is cumbersome to work with and absolute nightmare when it comes to flight management.

2) The program cant export rte files properly. When i load the rte file into the fmc all i get is one waypoint. What the hell? The results are the same across multiple new flights created. I thought this program was suppose to create routes that made sense. I though the program was supposed to create exportable route plans that made sense. None of this is true. 1 way point in the rte flight? I end up having to put the entire route in manually becasue this program cant do that?

Whats the point of using this thing if it cant create the entire route? I can very easily visit simbrief or one of these other services to create routes and export the files (it works). I don't need PFPX to calculate this.

3) Something is seriously wrong with the the weight calculations based on PMDG's 737 series. After the flightplan is printed and looks GOOD ON PAPER once you load the fuel and weights it calculates totally ridiculous LANDING SPEEDS.

For example, yesterday i generated a flight plan from Las Vegas to Reno (300 miles) According to PFPX the topcat calculating the speeds at Flap 40 (landing) was supposed to be at 142 knots (appox). But once those weights and fuel was in the FMC i get a Flap 40 speed of 119 knots which is totally ridiculous. There is no way in hell a 737 can land at 119knots without stalling out in the real world. This makes no sense at all. Also, takoff speeds based on payload load and fuel, taken from PFPX with 5% flaps V2 is at 167 knots? Umm no! There is only 6,000 pounds of fuel in each tank. 3k in two tanks. How can the takeoff speeds be so high?

4) Topcat cant export the proper information back into the flightplans. All it gives is very general information and most of it is missing after you click on TAKEOFF/LANDING > calculate > apply from the flight plan. For example, where the hell are the flap settings and speeds???????

5) Where is the update software button in PFPX? Is there one? v1.29 is what i have. What about future updates, how are those done?

At this point im going to ask for a refund. None of these programs work as they should. They give ridiculous suggestions and look good when printed but once you load those settings into the FMC the take off and landing calculations MAKE NO SENSE.

To be honest, i did a better job using my head to calculate payload and fuel.

1. No it's not. While it might take a bit of getting used to, PFPX can be as easy or as complicated as you like. There are loads of videos on Youtube showing how to use it.

2. Yes it can export RTE files properly. It just can. There's nothing more to discuss on this matter.

3. There is something seriously wrong with your setup. Because I and most other people don't have this problem with TOPCAT. There could be a million reasons as to why you are getting silly VREF speeds.

4. I can't comment on this, because I don't export anything from TOPCAT. I've never seen the need to. I just use the information I'm given.

5. I can't remember where I got the last update, but as far as I can remember I got a notification about it via email.

All I can say is that coming into the forums and having a rant with your very first post isn't going get you much support. I might be able to help you out a bit more with some of your issues, but you need to calm down and stop ranting. It comes across as very immature.

Umm i have watched at least 15 videos on YT and spent countless hours following along. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to use these tools.

Any idiot can use these tools, even watching FROGGLE videos. Not sure what settings your referring too.

I have the proper aircrafts setup in both programs along with the proper specs selected from the (presets). Unless those are totally wrong?????

Not working out!

Here is the route calculation taken from PFPX Las Vegas to Reno NV.

Please login to display this image.

The only waypoint that ends up in the rte file is KENNO. Thats it! Where is the rest of the information?

Not to mention that other problems. Besides, this is not the route Southwest Airlines takes on a daily basis (but anyway).

That is correct.

KENNO is the ONLY enroute waypoint, the rest is covered by SID/STAR.

Even if PFPX exported the SID/STAR information in the .rte file PMDG will actively remove the procedures.

A flightplan consists of the enroute segment only.

20 minutes ago, nealmac said:

All I can say is that coming into the forums and having a rant with your very first post isn't going get you much support.

Really? Since i dont TROLL forums and have no time to waste doing so, its my first rant EXACTLY! Regardless of post numbers. This is the support link i clicked on from the PFPX support link bought me here. What does 1 post have to do with anything?

3 minutes ago, srcooke said:

That is correct.

KENNO is the ONLY enroute waypoint, the rest is covered by SID/STAR.

Even if PFPX exported the SID/STAR information in the .rte file PMDG will actively remove the procedures.

A flightplan consists of the enroute segment only.

Ok thanks

I suggest you attach the OFP produced from your opening topic as something is clearly wrong in your setup or interpretation.

In addition post snapshots of the load entries in the FMS and approach reference speeds to which you refer.

• Deputy Sheriffs
24 minutes ago, mike4648 said:

Really? Since i dont TROLL forums and have no time to waste doing so, its my first rant EXACTLY! Regardless of post numbers. This is the support link i clicked on from the PFPX support link bought me here. What does 1 post have to do with anything?

It is simply yout attitude. Calling the software junk, asking for a refund, making false suggestions, without asking for help is simply the wrong approach.

Archived