IVAO/VATISM Networks: Free or payed license

Eduard Gasull

Today i have disscus with one member of aerosoft staff forum about networks

with this devate comes to my mind one idea that some of my sim friends and i have been thinking about it.

I want to know what aerosoft communty and workers think about make networks a payware addon.

we think if ivao for example make a 2 or 3 euros supcription needed it in order to use it servers. will provide a better experience about software develpment and uptades.

has this ever been discussed? what do you think?

yes but i mean with donations they cant provide today 2017 a software that are really compatible with prepar v4, not talking about MTL. we think if all provide 3 euros month, will be enought to make ivao can develop an update for  the software?

Also i think only people who is really interested in learning to use ivao well will pay for that resulting in a better users. 

What sim bussines men think about that? i would really help? or its a bad idea.

PilotEdge is trying just that. And it works, in a very limited context.

Small coverage area, active a few hours a day (US West coast, 3 hours out of 24).

And that costs $30+ per month for a subscription.

To provide global 24/7 coverage would require hundreds of people controlling 24/7, so a total staff of thousands.

Even if the entire global FS community (not just P3D but XP, FSX, FSW, and others) were to subscribe you'd need to charge more than what PilotEdge is charging now to make it commercially viable.

• 2 weeks later...

However for that money on Pilot edge you get controllers who are paid to provide the service and hence can be controlled to act proffessionally and treat the pilots with respect.

Archived