mountains and control zones, route planning

• Aerosoft

I see a lot of people planning routes for what are basically VFR aircraft directly over Paris and it's big airports. Believe me, the ATC controllers do not like a Catalina or DC3 cruising over Charles de Gaulle at 140 knots and 2500 feet. Consider picking a route that is not directly over these regions.

Also keep in mind that a Catalina simply can't fly over the Himalaya, let alone some of the other collections of aircraft bits flying in close formation that some pilots are starting out with.

however Paris is a specified change point in the book I think......

http://ukga.com/forum/viewthread?forumThreadId=2347

may help

also the only legal use of ferry tanks is for ferry flights and no other passengers are allowed.  I think it would be hard to describe this legally as a ferry flight however I am intending doing it (unless I find a better option ) in the DC# which could come fitted from Douglas with tanks giving sufficient range for my purposes.  

Other large options are available but they lose all the purpose of the trip because of thier needed runway length.

I think we will have to turn a blind eye to the law, and controllers sensibilities, I understand the guy who did the round the world flight in the little amphibian got a lot of help from controllers, after all it is not VATSIM.  Most airports seem to restrict vfr flights by cost,......$250 to land  a cessna as KSFO.

Archived