A320 - Flying online

Goshob

Hi,

Here below I would like to put a question concerning me for some time. It would appreciate if the forum or AS team in particular can be involved and give some suggestions. Prior to asking my question let me make a small introduction. I am using AS A320/321 only as my favorite plane in flying different routes. I had purchased the package almost a year ago and may consider myself having experience for at least basic operations. I am using it with FSX:SE as basic platform, tried P3DV3, but it is killing my computer and decided to come back to FSX, no matter what disadvantages it may have. Furthermore, I had checked the forum items and provided documentation together with the software and could not find an answer to my query.

After posting the above introduction, I would like to ask my question. Is there a simple, inteligent way to adjust the radio frequency when flying online without using additional hardware?

It doesn’t matter if someone is flying under VATSIM or IVAO, but the radio has to be readjusted several times especially during takeoff and landing phases. These are the busiest parts of the flight and despite of the real world when the communication is handled by PM, one needs more than 2 hands to fly the plane, change the view to radio panel and readjust the frequency advised by the controller. Rotating the 2 buttons using the mouse is quite slow process, which in most cases results in operation failure.

I have to mention also that VC doesn’t help much. The way of adjusting the frequency is the same. Known key combination Shift + 4, part of FSX, is disabled due to unknown reasons. Bringing the radio panel, same as MCDU could help a bit, but is not working. The only working Sift + digit combinations, for me at least, are Shift + 1 – Main panel, Shift + 2 – Left MCDU and Shift + 3 – Debug. The procedure for assigning other panel views to different key combinations is unknown.

Hope the above is enough for a start of a discussion and would appreciate any feedback.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:52 AM, Goshob said:

Hi,

Here below I would like to put a question concerning me for some time. It would appreciate if the forum or AS team in particular can be involved and give some suggestions. Prior to asking my question let me make a small introduction. I am using AS A320/321 only as my favorite plane in flying different routes. I had purchased the package almost a year ago and may consider myself having experience for at least basic operations. I am using it with FSX:SE as basic platform, tried P3DV3, but it is killing my computer and decided to come back to FSX, no matter what disadvantages it may have. Furthermore, I had checked the forum items and provided documentation together with the software and could not find an answer to my query.

After posting the above introduction, I would like to ask my question. Is there a simple, inteligent way to adjust the radio frequency when flying online without using additional hardware?

It doesn’t matter if someone is flying under VATSIM or IVAO, but the radio has to be readjusted several times especially during takeoff and landing phases. These are the busiest parts of the flight and despite of the real world when the communication is handled by PM, one needs more than 2 hands to fly the plane, change the view to radio panel and readjust the frequency advised by the controller. Rotating the 2 buttons using the mouse is quite slow process, which in most cases results in operation failure.

I have to mention also that VC doesn’t help much. The way of adjusting the frequency is the same. Known key combination Shift + 4, part of FSX, is disabled due to unknown reasons. Bringing the radio panel, same as MCDU could help a bit, but is not working. The only working Sift + digit combinations, for me at least, are Shift + 1 – Main panel, Shift + 2 – Left MCDU and Shift + 3 – Debug. The procedure for assigning other panel views to different key combinations is unknown.

Hope the above is enough for a start of a discussion and would appreciate any feedback.

Hello -

I don't know of any way to 'type in' frequencies, or use keys/buttons to change them (probably can with LUA scripts and registered FSUIPC, I haven't tried that), but here are a couple of things that might help:

1) You can speed up the process of selecting the virtual cockpit "MCDU1 / com radio" view angle by setting a button or key to "View camera 5  (Select)" in the FSX control menu. That at least will save you some clicking around.

2) Scrolling my mouse wheel over the radio buttons changes the digits of the frequencies very quickly (right or left clicking very slowly LOL). Have you tried that?

Good luck!

Archived