AEROSOFT FSX SUPPORT

Eduard Gasull

• Developer

Can't speak for Aerosoft, as Aerosoft can't speak for the developers, aslong as they are only the publisher and not the developer. 

But as in all business cases, the support of a plattfrom will stop, as far as the invest for the development is not refound by the sales to the customes using the plattform.

Most developers for long time not making a FS9 version of there product, because the FSX product will not work there without a lot of changes.

As a P3D V4 Product is not compatible to FSX, it need to be check from time to time, if the invest to make the product compatible to the old Plattfrom is related to the sales for it.

And some developers have done the desition for that already, that P3D V4 and X-Plane are the plattform with the customer base to invest in, others will do it earlier or later too.

Latest, when Davetail will stop the sales of FSX:SE, because they want to push there FS World, FSX is out of the market. FS9 is it already now.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I fully understand when devs are starting to drop FSX, especially since the new P3Dv4 paltform is out. Till v3 it was by far easier to develop a product that runs in FSX as well as in P3D. But now, FSX and P3D are more drifting a part with each new release of P3D, even within minor releases. As most devs are single persons (like Oliver ;) ) and develop products beside real life, the workload for supporting 2 different platforms is much to high.

I myself decide during the weekend to drop my FSX installation. I'm aware that I will loose many beloved addons (especially aircraft) because they will never work in P3D, but this is also a chance for me to set priorities in in flightsimming.

It is understandable, that a sudden change in dev's attitude towards a platform is intimidating. Being a simmer since the early days (started on a C-64) I can only encourage everyone to embrace what's coming. Changes need to happen. And looking back on my thousands of hours simming: my hobby never looked so incredibly good and realistic, never had this level of immersion and never offered me, as a past-time-armchair-pilot, the possibilities it offers today. I will miss a few aircraft and addons too, one or two already quite badly so. I think it's absolutely and utterly fantastic, that a hobby pursued so long can still surprise me like that. I think for all of us this is a time to look forward to the coming development rather than looking back on what we might have left, when we dropped our old platform. Sometimes I sit on awe in front of my pc and marvel the stuff time has finally brought to me. Since P3DV4 I started flying VFR again - because there's actually something to see in high resolution and fantastic performance. As long as I can have views like the one attached, there's no need to be scared that FSX will not be supported anymore a some point in the not so distant future... be happy that we as a community have the opportunities we have now... this goes for all current-in-development platforms. THIS is a truly exciting time. : )

Please login to display this image.

You guys are underestimating FSX. Look at the numbers on Steam. FSX:SE just keeps Selling and Selling numbers goin up and totally outperform the other flightsims in Daily users. Despite all the new sims nothing seems to stop FSX:SE so far. Folks in the forums arent representative of total amount of users although they probably buy the most addons. So FSX aint dead yet.

Well... if there won't be any add-ons, updates etc. FSX:SE will be dead in it's tracks too. And after all these years of enduring all the hassle with VAS (yeah, yeah "Not me! I never had any problems with VAS!") and such, there're now to really good alternatives in 64bits. If anyone wants to stick to FSX:SE for whatever reason, that's just fine. But I guess the user numbers of FSX:SE will be melting like our polar caps within the next 6 months or so, when most of the add-ons are p3dV4 or xp11 ready. Most devs will stick to these two platforms I guess. I dunno about FSW... but frankly I doubt that the guys over at dovetail will manage to get things out of early-access into a ROI-wise safe-haven anytime soon. It's not that I think they're incompetent, but their market-competitors are miles ahead - and if only with respect to the ppl involved developing future features. P3DV4 and XP11 kick started a sort of consolidation of the market. These two platforms will definitely be the ones with the best chance of generating a return for work done by the devs. Let's wait and see - in a few months we'll know more. 

Yes but the problem is... the huge amount of money i have spend in the sim that know i have to restart spend as there is a lot of products that will need again spendedn. and for example the over 45 euros i have spend in aes a no more aes i will use. there´s a lot od scenerys that has not jetway with sode or CONTROL J or PMDG  i will have to rebuy the product again. or for example active sky and asca or many many many products.

for me its scaring.

i know with aerosoft i wil not have problems because they are very customer friendly with it policy  but Majestic 75€ that i pay for the plane and many others i will need to buy it again for doing almost the same, o yes sorry in 64 bits but the same.... migrate from fsx to P3D V4 is veeeery expensive.

Hi Eduard, long support would also like me to FSX but there is no doubt that we are living in a new era in which a flight simulation is concerned.

You do not have because migrate just at this moment to P3Dv4. I as well as you, I have spent a considerable amount of money in my FSX, I have covered the areas and airports that most interest me, as well as many aircraft designed in great detail. 

I can say that I have achieved a perfect balance between performance and graphics on FSX, NO OOM's, and decent FPS, so it offered by P3Dv4 so far does not differ so much.

However, of course I celebrated the new 64-bit version and I have no doubt that in the future we will see amazing things, but until then I have no hurry to migrate.

5 hours ago, Polo said:

However, of course I celebrated the new 64-bit version and I have no doubt that in the future we will see amazing things, but until then I have no hurry to migrate.

yes, thouse were my thoughts, until i see that i can not buy Fuerteventura MK studios becuase they decided not do develop FSX. if all the developers start to do, we will have to do it by force  in a future not so far.

Updating / new technology will always cost money .... yes I did spend 1000€ on Games for my Nintendo 64 but guess what there is a Gamecube a Switch etc ... and I even rebuy games to play them on virtual console on my Wii U / Switch....

Eduard spending money for new technologies and also rebuy stuff you want to enjoy again is normal.

9 hours ago, Eduard Gasull said:

i know with aerosoft i wil not have problems because they are very customer friendly with it policy  but Majestic 75€ that i pay for the plane and many others i will need to buy it again for doing almost the same, o yes sorry in 64 bits but the same.... migrate from fsx to P3D V4 is veeeery expensive.

Many (if not most) developers already offer free 64bit upgrades/conversions. And the ones that don't, offer very attractive discounts for upgrading. There are also certain external addons that don't need converting at all. I've been on P3Dv4 pretty much since it was released, and I haven't had to pay full price for any of my existing addons to be converted. I'm still waiting on a couple, but other than that I would have to say I'm very happy with how my transition went. 

ist normal but its lazy. P3D for me means, buy P3D a new SSD just for P3D an their addons. And restar to but again addons that i bought. that would take me months. at least Fabian recognice is not something you do with a lot of pleasure the first time,

6 minutes ago, Fabian Boulegue said:

Updating / new technology will always cost money .... yes I did spend 1000€ on Games for my Nintendo 64 but guess what there is a Gamecube a Switch etc ... and I even rebuy games to play them on virtual console on my Wii U / Switch....

Eduard spending money for new technologies and also rebuy stuff you want to enjoy again is normal.

Yeah, exactly. Most of us are using Windows 10 and Windows 7. We all had to pay for that. If we didn't, we'd all still be stuck on Windows 95, and none of our current software would work.

Just now, nealmac said:

Many (if not most) developers already offer free 64bit upgrades/conversions. And the ones that don't, offer very attractive discounts for upgrading. There are also certain external addons that don't need converting at all. I've been on P3Dv4 pretty much since it was released, and I haven't had to pay full price for any of my existing addons to be converted. I'm still waiting on a couple, but other than that I would have to say I'm very happy with how my transition went. 

I hope so, i know asca+ AS16 have the crossgrate discount. Aerosoft its free wich i am very glad about that. but for majestic? or PMDG? i will need to buy it again i think.

16 minutes ago, Eduard Gasull said:

I hope so, i know asca+ AS16 have the crossgrate discount. Aerosoft its free wich i am very glad about that. but for majestic? or PMDG? i will need to buy it again i think.

To be fair to PMDG, their policy always required seperate licences between FSX and P3D, a policy I don't agree with, by the way. Moving to 64bit is irrelevant. In other words, if you had a P3Dv2/3 version of a PMDG aircraft you could always get the v4 version for free. I'm not entirely sure but I think Majestic have a similar policy.

As for Active Sky, you can now move from AS16 to ASP4 for the same discount. You are getting a new product, not just a compatibility update. 

vor 13 Stunden , Eduard Gasull sagte:

Eduard, every hobby needs a regular invest each year. If I need to charter a plane to take a real flight lesson, it will cost me many $$$ per hour. The money is gone afterwards, the memory and experience remains. And so is the invest if you go with software development.

I know it is annoying to pay for the same addon again to be compatible with P3Dv4, but that is the price for development. The good thing though is that the price for the platform itself (Prepar3d) is rather low. If you buy addons step by step it is a regular process and it will give you many hours of fun. And I can also tell you that many FSX sceneries do also work in P3Dv4.

Alternatively, you could have a look on Xplane 11, for which a lot of freeware is available.

Personally, I don't want to miss the great improvements that P3D has to offer even though Steven's DX10 fixer does great work to add shadows and other nice things to the FSX platform. If I start FSX for test purposes on my PC, it is a rather unpleasant experience if you are used to the stutter-free and much improved visual experience that P3D has to offer along with its addons.

But keep an eye on your hardware: if it is not up-to-date, your invest in P3Dv4 will be rather high because it requires a fast CPU and (most importantly) a modern GPU.

Cheers,

Chris

13 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

But keep an eye on your hardware: if it is not up-to-date, your invest in P3Dv4 will be rather high because it requires a fast CPU and (most importantly) a modern GPU.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks mate!

Do you believe guys with 4Ghz quad core i7K, plus 24GB RAM + 970 GTX 4 GB + SAMSUNG 850 EVO SDD will be ok? and when i mean ok, its to run for example amsterdam with airbus with at least 27- 30 fps with high end settings,

Archived