Weird Startup Issue when Loading Plane at the Gate

TayTom258

Hello everyone,

I'm not really sure where this issue should be placed in the categories listed, so I just placed it here.

I'm having a weird issue with the A321 in FSX specifically, but I believe that it affects the other A318-A320 crafts in FSX as well. (If needed I can test the other crafts)

I will try to describe the issue the best I can but, if requested, I can provide a video of the issue as well.

First off, the issue is rather inconsistent as it stands. I can startup FSX and most of the times the issue will show itself, and other times, after I restart FSX, it will be fine.

The issue is, that when I spawn at a gate with the default craft state (Engines Running at Idle) I go zooming off at speed like I had just landed at the gate, this occurs even before the scenery loads.

Even if the issue doesn't arise, my craft will be sitting at the gate, but will slowly be inching forward as if the wheel chocks are not set on spawn.

My biggest question is, are any of you having this issue and have you found fix at all.

So, some of the things I have attempted and the results.

Spawn - KLAS (FSDreamTeam Airport) Gate B-22 with default craft state and plugins installed = Issue arises

Spawn - KLAS (Stock Airport) Gate B-22 with default craft state and plugins removed = Issue doesn't arise, but craft moves forward

Spawn - KLAX (Stock Airport) Gate B-46 with default craft state and plugins installed = Issue arises

Spawn - KLAX (Stock Airport) Gate B-46 with default craft state and plugins removed = Issue doesn't arise, but craft moves forward

I am running the list of plugins attached in the text document below.

Preliminary I can see that a plugin is causing an issue, possibly with the time it takes the scenery to load and the aircraft to initialize, but I am not sure which one or if it's a combination.

While awaiting a response I will test each individually and see if I can narrow the list down.

I will use KLAS Gate B-22 as my reference point.

Please let me know if there are any other tests that I can preform to narrow down the issue.

Thanks for the help ahead of time,

TayTom258

Forum Plugins.txt

Sounds like you might have an issue with your default flight (not the panel state in the Airbus, the FSX Default Flight).  You can delete the default flight, close and restart FSX and it should go back to normal.

Dave,

Sorry for my late reply, I have been busier then normal this weekend.

I'm glad to say that your suggestion fixed the issue, or at least i'm pretty sure it did as I also uninstalled and reinstalled FSX and all the addons.

I was slightly confused when you stated that it might be something with the default flight in FSX as I had never set one since I installed the game, so what I did instead was create a default flight with the glider that FSX starts with and placed it on a runway with the engine turned off and saved that state as the default flight. This seems to have fixed not only the zooming off into oblivion, but also the slow creep forward at the gate on loading up the game with the A321.

On a separate note, I do not remember reading anything about setting a default flight in the instructions when setting up the A321. Is it in there and I somehow missed it, or is this one of those tweaks with FSX that not everyone would have to do, just curious.

Thanks for all the help,

TayTom258

9 minutes ago, TayTom258 said:

Dave,

Sorry for my late reply, I have been busier then normal this weekend.

I'm glad to say that your suggestion fixed the issue, or at least i'm pretty sure it did as I also uninstalled and reinstalled FSX and all the addons.

I was slightly confused when you stated that it might be something with the default flight in FSX as I had never set one since I installed the game, so what I did instead was create a default flight with the glider that FSX starts with and placed it on a runway with the engine turned off and saved that state as the default flight. This seems to have fixed not only the zooming off into oblivion, but also the slow creep forward at the gate on loading up the game with the A321.

On a separate note, I do not remember reading anything about setting a default flight in the instructions when setting up the A321. Is it in there and I somehow missed it, or is this one of those tweaks with FSX that not everyone would have to do, just curious.

Thanks for all the help,

TayTom258

Hello Tom,

I'm very happy that you have the matter resolved, and you're up and flying!!!!

I understand your question.

There are two types of Default Flights assigned in FSX (and P3D for that matter). For ease of explanation let's call one the INITIAL Default Flight and the other the OPERATIONAL Default Flight. Both types of Default Flight includes a *.FLT (flight file) and a *.WX (weather file).  One file without the other menas that the flight will not load.  The Default Flight contains information for the specific aircraft to load, airport, airport position and can include aircraft panel state. The Default Flight is what will be loaded if you don't select a different aircraft or location before selecting "FLY NOW".

It's not common, but Default Flight files can sometimes get corrupted or otherwise changed without direct user action.  The initial (first load) Default Flight files (two files, Default.FLT and Default.WX) are located in your Main FSX Folder\Flight\Other folder and should never be messed around with unless you really, Really, REALLY know what you're doing - though you can certainly COPY and paste them into your regular user flights files should you wish to.

All OPERATIONAL Flight files are located in your C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder, and it's one of these that has likely become corrupted. The fix is to delete all of the *.FLT and *.WX files EXCEPT any that were installed by third party payware aircraft (you'll be able to tell these from the FSX files as they include the aircraft type in the file name) - you should move these files to a temporary location.

On the next boot of FSX, the FSX will inform you that it can't find the Default Flight and it will then load the Initial Default Flight for you.  It is now safe to move the third party aircraft *.FLT and *.WX files back to the C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder - even with FSX running.

A few threads that came up on a quick search on this topic are below, but there may be better threads..

Best wishes!

http://www.simforums.com/forums/where-is-the-fsx-default-flight_topic33225.html

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/271197-reset-default-flight-fsx/

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?205778-How-to-kill-the-default-flight-flight-from-starting-at-start-up

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120443

Archived