LSZH Pro inaccurate parking

snauffal

Hey guys,

I had been waiting to buy LSZH for P3d v4 for a while and today I saw it released and bought it. I'm a bit dissapointed since the parking spots for AI traffic are completely wrong.

I opened the AFX file with ADE and noticed the following:

• The parking codes being used for Swiss is CRX. Swiss' ICAO code is SWR. Therefore very few Swiss planes are parking correctly.
  • The size for gates in concourses A and B vary greatly and practically allow for parking of widebody aircraft on all gates which is false. Most gates in these two concourses are for narrowbody aircraft only. Other than the code CRX, there are very few other codes in use in those gates, so the likes of Emirates and similar foreign airlines end up parking there.
  • In the international concourse, there are several gates that also have incorrect size, and gates that overlap each other. I understand that there are some gates that can only be used by two narrobodies or one widebody at the same time. In this case I'd suggest to make the gate available for the widebody since those can't definitely go in A or B.
  • Edelweiss is completely missing from the parking assignments.

Please see the attached screenshots (first one from terminal A with all the Swiss widebodies) and second from terminal E mostly empty, and with gates overlapping each other.  

Thanks

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

if designing parking in an AFCAD you have to opt either for AI or non AI use.

AI Use will mean that you design it so that all spots can be used without overlapping so you have to decide for eiher one large or two small etc.

non AI will provide a large enough spot for every plane that in real live can park at the gate - mostly leading to overlaps.

Online pilots will prefer the non AI version as they receive there parking assignment from a "real" controller based on the "real" airport layout - people using AI traffic (including me) will prefer the AI version to avoid pictures like above.

Whichever version a dev will make one part of the community will not like it :focus_s:

As for the codes there is no strict rule which airline uses which parking code and in special airlines with some "history" like swiss or brussels airlines are often coded different by different AI painters. so CRX is not unusual for swiss.

Best thing (imho) is to grab a AFCAD editor like ADE and change the positions to your needs/likes.

This will surely be needed after some time as airlines change, merge, disappear, come into service or simply change their destinations. - just think about the American Airlines - US Airways merger, US Airways once used AWE, changed to USA and now it's AAL or think about RYR suddenly appearing in EDDF

• Developer

Which Afcad Option was active (see LSZHconfig Tool), there are 3 available (standard without cross runway, north-east or south-west wind direction to make the cross runway possible).

I have no access to my PC until next weekend, but I did not see the issue while creating the Afcads. But it is possible, that the wrong Version with all Gates active was provided to Aerosoft (will check that next weekend). Normally the alternate Gates should have a very small radius (<=5m) so that they are selectable for online flyers but not assigned by the AI Engine.

2 hours ago, OPabst said:

Which Afcad Option was active (see LSZHconfig Tool), there are 3 available (standard without cross runway, north-east or south-west wind direction to make the cross runway possible).

I have no access to my PC until next weekend, but I did not see the issue while creating the Afcads. But it is possible, that the wrong Version with all Gates active was provided to Aerosoft (will check that next weekend). Normally the alternate Gates should have a very small radius (<=5m) so that they are selectable for online flyers but not assigned by the AI Engine.

Hi Oliver, can you also please check the ILS approaches? Today I flew into RWY 34, with no possibility to select an ILS approach, only visual.

• Developer

As you had the issue in EDDT too, what I could not reproduce, maybe you solve the issue first. This will normally only happen, when the runway number has changed, which is not happen in EDDT and LSZH.

21 hours ago, OPabst said:

Thanks for your reply. I am using one of the cross-runway versions. I can't tell you which at the moment as I am also not at my computer.

I'd grab ADE and modify it myself but I'm quite new to the whole process and don't really know how everything works. Just basically can open the file and see it. 

• Developer

Ok, but what you see was not what is the goal. I could not say what is wrong here (the wrong files provided to Aerosoft or wrong files used for the Installer or other issues on user side). But I can't check it before end next week, when I am back at my PC.

I also see different reports from users, where all is fine.

@Thomas Ammann

Feel free to attach your modifications of the afcad here until a offical fix can be provided, when it is needed. 

I downloaded and installed LSZH pro yesterday - the crosswind AFCAD has "overlapping" parking positions (mostly on dock E but also some on A and B - didn't check the other 2)

Here are my 2 AFCAD Files for Zurich

1. Landig Runway 14, Takeoffs Runway 28 and 16

2. Landing Runway 34, Takeoffs Runway 32 and 34

3. Landing Runway 28, Takeoffs Runway 32 and 34 is coming soon

You have to change the files manually !!! Delete ( Backup ) the Original Files from the Scenery folder.

Cheers

Thomas

LSZH_L34_S32_34.bgl

LSZH_L14_S28_16.bgl

50 minutes ago, Thomas Ammann said:

You have to change the files manually !!! Delete ( Backup ) the Original Files from the Scenery folder.

Cheers

Thomas

LSZH_L34_S32_34.bgl

LSZH_L14_S28_16.bgl

Awesome! Thanks 

Just had a look at it in ADE and Im wondering for example how stand E36 and E50 work. They are marked as 16' and no airline codes.  They are shared gates I take it but how would they be assigned with AI?

Also no ACA codes unless I missed it. I can add them in I take it?

Some E and B Gates are very small ( 5m )

You can change the size by your self to Medium or Heavy, for me works better with 5m.

vor 2 Stunden , Hightower sagte:

Awesome! Thanks 

Just had a look at it in ADE and Im wondering for example how stand E36 and E50 work. They are marked as 16' and no airline codes.  They are shared gates I take it but how would they be assigned with AI?

Also no ACA codes unless I missed it. I can add them in I take it?

12 hours ago, Thomas Ammann said:

Cheers

Thomas

LSZH_L34_S32_34.bgl

LSZH_L14_S28_16.bgl

Thanks for this. Using the landings on the 14 and takeoffs on the other two works like a charm and no overlapping planes anymore. 

• 5 months later...

Hi there!

I reworked all parking spots quite in details and now trying to fix the runway issue so I'm super interested in those 2 AFCAD's but ADE tells me it can't decompile them!

Any advice?

Thanks a lot!

Pierre.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, Isac2254 said:

yes but how does that thing work I tried but it wouldn't work

First, ensure you have the current version (1.75) so you know it will work with P3Dv4. Then read the manual available at this link. If you still need help, take a look at this link.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived