GCLA - P3D v4 crash

swiesma

Hi,

I installed the v4 Version of GCLA today from simmarket.

After this I cannot even start P3D. I see the scenario screen and even with the default scenario I get this:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0x8274fd8b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000035944
Faulting process id: 0x2344
Faulting application start time: 0x01d32d7b211dd135
Faulting application path: E:\P3Dv4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 1135e957-147a-498b-a247-a085b53413c1
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

and

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: facilities.dll, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a71d2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001f1e1
Faulting process id: 0xf38
Faulting application start time: 0x01d32d7a0d757a01
Faulting application path: E:\P3Dv4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: E:\P3Dv4\facilities.dll
Report Id: 06ce9f31-c3ab-46b4-bb84-de970ed54505
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

When I uninstall GCLA everything is back to normal.

Any hint?

• Developer

Look here, same question and answer to your issue:

when you google for

P3D add-on.xml CTD

you will see what I mean.

It is not depending to the addon itself, but the last installed seams to show the issue.

La Palma or Frankfurt don't use the add-on.xml concept yet and I have no addon using it installed, so I have not seen this issue and based on that to idee for a workaround until LM fix it.

• Developer
vor 3 Stunden , swiesma sagte:

Edit: I just saw it doesn't use the add-on.xml method. :-(

As I wrote before: La Palma or Frankfurt don't use the add-on.xml concept yet

So, i is not the addons using the "classic" Scenery.cfg system. It is not a problem of the addons using the add-on.xml system, it is a problem of the platform to handle it at the actual state.

Ok, so no resolution?

I have a million addons, both with add-on.xml-method and with the 'old' scenery library method. And did not experience this yet :-(

Really sad, because I like La Palma. As soon as I uninstall it again P3D works normally.

What I did yesterday: I installed La Palma, deleted the scenery entry. Started P3D, added GCLA manually - and it worked. But after restarting P3D, it crashed again.

You answered your own question there.

Remove the addons that you installed using the add-on.xml-method, then add La Palma

Do not add any addon scenery using add-on.xml-method,and see you do still get a crash.

• Developer

What you can try to validate, that the issue is related to the add-on.xml,

is to temp rename the add-ons Folder below the Documents/Prepar3d V4 files for example in add-ons-off, so that all addons using this system are not loaded.

if that fix the issue, it is maybe possible to manually add this addons temporary in the scenery library, until LM fix there bug.

• Deputy Sheriffs

To add to this: it is of course possible to use add-ons that use the new addon.xml method. But what you should do, is to delete them from there and add them manually into your scenery library. That's what I am doing since day one of v4, and I have never ever seen a CTD.

Archived